Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign former Jaguars OL Eben Britton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35657
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Jay Cutler.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
RIP Jay Cutler.


You have to remember, we are not a team that has had more losing seasons than winning seasons. At this point, Britton is third on the depth chart...and that is assuming we don't draft another guard. I'm thinking even though he was the Jaguar's o-line scapegoat that Jay Cutler is safer this year than he has been since he came to Chicago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6927
Location: 904
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless your heart
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42806
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I liked him coming out as an RT.

I dont think he will turn it around though.

BTW, how is Gabe Carimi doing for the Bears? Wasnt a fan of his and havent heard much about him.


He was terrible at tackle, absolutely horrendous last year, far worse than J'Marcus Web, but he was moved into the guard spot for the last couple of games and played fairly well. He's supposed to compete for the right tackle spot with J'Marcus Web after the signing of Jermon Bushrod, I think he loses that battle and ends up starting at RG, unless Eben Britton can play better there. I would venture to guess that Matt Slauson, the other free agent guard the bears signed has the left guard spot locked up, at least for now.


So it's

Bushrod
Slauson
?????
Carimi
Britton

That's an upgrade over last year. Not saying much though Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I liked him coming out as an RT.

I dont think he will turn it around though.

BTW, how is Gabe Carimi doing for the Bears? Wasnt a fan of his and havent heard much about him.


He was terrible at tackle, absolutely horrendous last year, far worse than J'Marcus Web, but he was moved into the guard spot for the last couple of games and played fairly well. He's supposed to compete for the right tackle spot with J'Marcus Web after the signing of Jermon Bushrod, I think he loses that battle and ends up starting at RG, unless Eben Britton can play better there. I would venture to guess that Matt Slauson, the other free agent guard the bears signed has the left guard spot locked up, at least for now.


So it's

Bushrod
Slauson
?????
Carimi
Britton

That's an upgrade over last year. Not saying much though Laughing


The way it looks before the draft:
Bushrod
Slauson
Garza
Carimi
Webb

Britton was brought in as a guard. He currently is third on the depth chart. Carimi/Brown/Britton

We aren't trying to win the April Super Bowl. We want to win during the season. If we can improve on our 10-6 record with the porous line we had last year, we will be in good shape.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Bless your heart


...right back at ya. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42806
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I liked him coming out as an RT.

I dont think he will turn it around though.

BTW, how is Gabe Carimi doing for the Bears? Wasnt a fan of his and havent heard much about him.


He was terrible at tackle, absolutely horrendous last year, far worse than J'Marcus Web, but he was moved into the guard spot for the last couple of games and played fairly well. He's supposed to compete for the right tackle spot with J'Marcus Web after the signing of Jermon Bushrod, I think he loses that battle and ends up starting at RG, unless Eben Britton can play better there. I would venture to guess that Matt Slauson, the other free agent guard the bears signed has the left guard spot locked up, at least for now.


So it's

Bushrod
Slauson
?????
Carimi
Britton

That's an upgrade over last year. Not saying much though Laughing


The way it looks before the draft:
Bushrod
Slauson
Garza
Carimi
Webb

Britton was brought in as a guard. He currently is third on the depth chart. Carimi/Brown/Britton

We aren't trying to win the April Super Bowl. We want to win during the season. If we can improve on our 10-6 record with the porous line we had last year, we will be in good shape.


Replace Webb and that is a MASSIVELY improved o-line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webb will be fine on the right side. He had a couple of terrible games last year, but overall he was not that bad. If he remains inconsistent, we can always plug in Johnathan Scott. He is no world beater, but he is not a human turnstile, either. It would be helpful if we could get a versatile lineman from the draft just in case. I think our GM recognizes the need to add to the line. If we had the cap space, I am confident he would address it further in free agency.

I am hopeful that some of Carimi's problem last year was due to lingering knee problems from the year before. If that is the case, he should be improved this year as well. He did a pretty decent at guard the little bit he played.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 9730
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I liked him coming out as an RT.

I dont think he will turn it around though.

BTW, how is Gabe Carimi doing for the Bears? Wasnt a fan of his and havent heard much about him.


He was terrible at tackle, absolutely horrendous last year, far worse than J'Marcus Web, but he was moved into the guard spot for the last couple of games and played fairly well. He's supposed to compete for the right tackle spot with J'Marcus Web after the signing of Jermon Bushrod, I think he loses that battle and ends up starting at RG, unless Eben Britton can play better there. I would venture to guess that Matt Slauson, the other free agent guard the bears signed has the left guard spot locked up, at least for now.


So it's

Bushrod
Slauson
?????
Carimi
Britton

That's an upgrade over last year. Not saying much though Laughing


The way it looks before the draft:
Bushrod
Slauson
Garza
Carimi
Webb

Britton was brought in as a guard. He currently is third on the depth chart. Carimi/Brown/Britton

We aren't trying to win the April Super Bowl. We want to win during the season. If we can improve on our 10-6 record with the porous line we had last year, we will be in good shape.


Replace Webb and that is a MASSIVELY improved o-line.


I honestly think Webb is going to be a good player at RT. He struggles against speed, which is going to become less of a problem at RT than it was at LT, and he's improved every year he played. I wouldn't rule out the idea that he stays a starter for the Bears for quite a few years, and not necessarily undeservedly. We'll see how it goes, but it seems like this new coaching staff has faith in him, when they didn't need to have faith in any player on the roster.
_________________

^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
popie70


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 1064
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
If he remains inconsistent, we can always plug in Johnathan Scott. He is no world beater, but he is not a human turnstile, either.


ummm Dwight Freeney would disagree with you....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
If he remains inconsistent, we can always plug in Johnathan Scott. He is no world beater, but he is not a human turnstile, either.


ummm Dwight Freeney would disagree with you....



...and then I would remind him of the boot stomping his team took at the hand of the Bears last year. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group