Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign former Jaguars OL Eben Britton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Jay Cutler.

#JDI
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
RIP Jay Cutler.

You have to remember, we are not a team that has had more losing seasons than winning seasons. At this point, Britton is third on the depth chart...and that is assuming we don't draft another guard. I'm thinking even though he was the Jaguar's o-line scapegoat that Jay Cutler is safer this year than he has been since he came to Chicago.
jagman777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless your heart
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I liked him coming out as an RT.

I dont think he will turn it around though.

BTW, how is Gabe Carimi doing for the Bears? Wasnt a fan of his and havent heard much about him.

He was terrible at tackle, absolutely horrendous last year, far worse than J'Marcus Web, but he was moved into the guard spot for the last couple of games and played fairly well. He's supposed to compete for the right tackle spot with J'Marcus Web after the signing of Jermon Bushrod, I think he loses that battle and ends up starting at RG, unless Eben Britton can play better there. I would venture to guess that Matt Slauson, the other free agent guard the bears signed has the left guard spot locked up, at least for now.

So it's

Bushrod
Slauson
?????
Carimi
Britton

That's an upgrade over last year. Not saying much though Laughing
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

BTW, how is Gabe Carimi doing for the Bears? Wasnt a fan of his and havent heard much about him.

He was terrible at tackle, absolutely horrendous last year, far worse than J'Marcus Web, but he was moved into the guard spot for the last couple of games and played fairly well. He's supposed to compete for the right tackle spot with J'Marcus Web after the signing of Jermon Bushrod, I think he loses that battle and ends up starting at RG, unless Eben Britton can play better there. I would venture to guess that Matt Slauson, the other free agent guard the bears signed has the left guard spot locked up, at least for now.

So it's

Bushrod
Slauson
?????
Carimi
Britton

The way it looks before the draft:
Bushrod
Slauson
Garza
Carimi
Webb

Britton was brought in as a guard. He currently is third on the depth chart. Carimi/Brown/Britton

We aren't trying to win the April Super Bowl. We want to win during the season. If we can improve on our 10-6 record with the porous line we had last year, we will be in good shape.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Bless your heart

...right back at ya. Wink
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

So it's

Bushrod
Slauson
?????
Carimi
Britton

Bushrod
Slauson
Garza
Carimi
Webb

Britton was brought in as a guard. He currently is third on the depth chart. Carimi/Brown/Britton

We aren't trying to win the April Super Bowl. We want to win during the season. If we can improve on our 10-6 record with the porous line we had last year, we will be in good shape.

Replace Webb and that is a MASSIVELY improved o-line.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webb will be fine on the right side. He had a couple of terrible games last year, but overall he was not that bad. If he remains inconsistent, we can always plug in Johnathan Scott. He is no world beater, but he is not a human turnstile, either. It would be helpful if we could get a versatile lineman from the draft just in case. I think our GM recognizes the need to add to the line. If we had the cap space, I am confident he would address it further in free agency.

I am hopeful that some of Carimi's problem last year was due to lingering knee problems from the year before. If that is the case, he should be improved this year as well. He did a pretty decent at guard the little bit he played.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

So it's

Bushrod
Slauson
?????
Carimi
Britton

Bushrod
Slauson
Garza
Carimi
Webb

Replace Webb and that is a MASSIVELY improved o-line.

I honestly think Webb is going to be a good player at RT. He struggles against speed, which is going to become less of a problem at RT than it was at LT, and he's improved every year he played. I wouldn't rule out the idea that he stays a starter for the Bears for quite a few years, and not necessarily undeservedly. We'll see how it goes, but it seems like this new coaching staff has faith in him, when they didn't need to have faith in any player on the roster.

^Deadpulse
popie70

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
If he remains inconsistent, we can always plug in Johnathan Scott. He is no world beater, but he is not a human turnstile, either.

ummm Dwight Freeney would disagree with you....
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
If he remains inconsistent, we can always plug in Johnathan Scott. He is no world beater, but he is not a human turnstile, either.

ummm Dwight Freeney would disagree with you....

...and then I would remind him of the boot stomping his team took at the hand of the Bears last year. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: