Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign former Jaguars OL Eben Britton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
he sucks, and the injuries only make him suck more. he did host an npr show late at night here in town so that was neat at least

He very well may suck. Unfortunately, the data shows that he sucks less than the rest of the line, however. Wink

yeah, he probably sucks less than guy whimper. but he's not better than monroe, nwaneri, and meester. no matter how hard you try and convince yourself. Laughing

I have no need to convince anybody. There is only one conclusion that can be made when you look at the numbers. Laughing
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Damn, was hoping Seattle would sign him after he was reportedly going to visit.

Why? Britton was horrible.

during Britton's career, opponents logged 10 sacks and three quarterback pressures on his side (the club gave up a total of 88 sacks during Britton's 37 games).

It sounds like your entire line was horrible. He was not the worst of your problems, by FAR.

Let's do some math: 10/38= ~.26 sacks per game for Britton. Remaining linemen 78/38=2.05 2.05/4 remaining linemen= ~.51 sacks per game, per remaining lineman.

Britton had essentially half as many sacks per game as the rest of his line had, on average. Who was horrible? He may not have been a trip to Hollywood, but look at the level of performance he was surrounded by. I don't watch the Jaguars, but I would venture to guess your QB holds onto the football like he is being paid hourly. Wink

Edit:
After looking at some numbers, it appears your QB does not hold onto the ball that long. So the verdict is that the rest of your line really does suck that badly. Good luck with the changeover to ZBS.

Gave up 5 sacks last season in just 273 snaps....

Got blown off the line repeatedly. Allowed constant pressure up the middle.

He got benched in week 4, got his job back in week 5, then got benched again in week 8. lmao

He sucks. There's no other way to put it.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

during Britton's career, opponents logged 10 sacks and three quarterback pressures on his side (the club gave up a total of 88 sacks during Britton's 37 games).

It sounds like your entire line was horrible. He was not the worst of your problems, by FAR.

Let's do some math: 10/38= ~.26 sacks per game for Britton. Remaining linemen 78/38=2.05 2.05/4 remaining linemen= ~.51 sacks per game, per remaining lineman.

Britton had essentially half as many sacks per game as the rest of his line had, on average. Who was horrible? He may not have been a trip to Hollywood, but look at the level of performance he was surrounded by. I don't watch the Jaguars, but I would venture to guess your QB holds onto the football like he is being paid hourly. Wink

Edit:
After looking at some numbers, it appears your QB does not hold onto the ball that long. So the verdict is that the rest of your line really does suck that badly. Good luck with the changeover to ZBS.

Gave up 5 sacks last season in just 273 snaps....

Got blown off the line repeatedly. Allowed constant pressure up the middle.

He got benched in week 4, got his job back in week 5, then got benched again in week 8. lmao

He sucks. There's no other way to put it.

Yeah, it sounds like you guys have a real mess down there. It is going to take more than getting rid of one lineman to right that ship, though.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Yeah, it sounds like you guys have a real mess down there. It is going to take more than getting rid of one lineman to right that ship, though.

Getting rid of Whimper and not re-signing Britton helps.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

But Whimper was an awesome TE.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

Hitting pay dirt in the draft could help out, as well.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I liked him coming out as an RT.

I dont think he will turn it around though.

BTW, how is Gabe Carimi doing for the Bears? Wasnt a fan of his and havent heard much about him.

Gabe is one of the few Jewish NFL players. My coworker is Jewish and we looked up NFL Jews. More owners than players, which is ridiculous considering the thousand some players vs 32 owners.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
he sucks, and the injuries only make him suck more. he did host an npr show late at night here in town so that was neat at least

He very well may suck. Unfortunately, the data shows that he sucks less than the rest of the line, however. Wink

yeah, he probably sucks less than guy whimper. but he's not better than monroe, nwaneri, and meester. no matter how hard you try and convince yourself. Laughing

I have no need to convince anybody. There is only one conclusion that can be made when you look at the numbers. Laughing

Subjective stats may as well not be stats at all.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

Subjective stats may as well not be stats at all.

In 2010 he was #12 in the league for pass blocking efficiency for right tackles according to PFF. Is that subjective, as well? It has been used by NFL people to objectively evaluate their roster.

How much more subjective can "he sucks" be? A mean is a descriptive statistic. "He sucks"....not so much. Wink
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I liked him coming out as an RT.

I dont think he will turn it around though.

BTW, how is Gabe Carimi doing for the Bears? Wasnt a fan of his and havent heard much about him.

Gabe is one of the few Jewish NFL players. My coworker is Jewish and we looked up NFL Jews. More owners than players, which is ridiculous considering the thousand some players vs 32 owners.

Maybe I'm offbase in pointing this out, but Gabe, Bears punter Adam Podlesh, and kicker Robbie Gould are all practicing Jews, and apparently they are very open about in the locker room and in the community, which is good to hear.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Please stay a bust Pray

This guy gets it.

He'll probably just end up being depth at LT or RT. I wouldn't have any sort of great expectations for him.

down but not out. I still believe!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Why would Seattle sign him?

He never played for Minnesota.

Wink

down but not out. I still believe!
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Please stay a bust Pray

This guy gets it.

He'll probably just end up being depth at LT or RT. I wouldn't have any sort of great expectations for him.

It has been said that he is going to compete for a guard position.

Believe me, Bears fans have learned not to have great expectations of O Linemen. So you have to forgive us if we get excited about someone else's retread. To us, a lineman that is borderline serviceable is what a pro bowler is to some other fans... what with Cutler going down as often as a $5 lady of the night and all. Laughing
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Edit:

Where to start...

Britton actually allowed 13 sacks in his time.

Then you go on to count games that he was benched, hurt, and a backup in as "full games" in comparison to the rest of the team.

But let's still play that.

Last season

Eugene Monroe - 4 sacks in 15 games .266 sacks per game
Cameron Bradfield - 5 sacks in 15 games .333 sacks per game
Mike Brewster - 2 sacks in 12 games .166 sacks per game
Uche Nwaneri - 4.5 sacks in 15 games .3 sacks per game
Brad Meester - 2 sacks in 16 games .125 sacks per game
Eben Britton - 4 sacks in 11 games .3636 sacks per game.

And then remember that Britton only started 5 games and was benched in the middle of two of them, so his stats get to look better than the guys who were actually starting games and playing them all the way through.

If you don't think that Britton (also Whimper) wasn't the hole in the o-line, I don't know what to tell you.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Edit:

Where to start...

Britton actually allowed 13 sacks in his time.

Then you go on to count games that he was benched, hurt, and a backup in as "full games" in comparison to the rest of the team.

But let's still play that.

Last season

Eugene Monroe - 4 sacks in 15 games .266 sacks per game
Cameron Bradfield - 5 sacks in 15 games .333 sacks per game
Mike Brewster - 2 sacks in 12 games .166 sacks per game
Uche Nwaneri - 4.5 sacks in 15 games .3 sacks per game
Brad Meester - 2 sacks in 16 games .125 sacks per game
Eben Britton - 4 sacks in 11 games .3636 sacks per game.

And then remember that Britton only started 5 games and was benched in the middle of two of them, so his stats get to look better than the guys who were actually starting games and playing them all the way through.

If you don't think that Britton (also Whimper) wasn't the hole in the o-line, I don't know what to tell you.

Well, the Jaguars will have an opportunity to improve on their 2-14 record this year. Nowhere to go but up. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: