Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants Free Agency Plan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Giants Free Agency Plan Reply with quote

its been mentioned in all the other threads, but now that cuts have taken their toll, who do you all think the giants should pursue? ive maintained for a while that ed hartwell should be their target, as the giants sorely need a playmaker last year in the middle linebacker spot. hartwell would be huge for them as a tackling machine and will give them speed needed to hunt down qbs and rbs. the season started to get away from them when they no longer could hold teams from getting easy first downs off missed tackles. hartwell would immediately put an end to that for a price the giants can afford.

another intriguing possibility could be mike wahle. he is rated as the top o lineman, and will probably command a big deal. yet he is rather young, and can play the tackle as well as the guard position. he would slide in as the giants left tackle if we were to pursue him. the other option would be to get a one year solution, then address the tackle spot in the first round in next year's draft. should we take the risk on wahle or wait?

any thoughts on other free agent possibilities??[/i]

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08
Bigbloo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartwell sounds like a nice pick up, but a friend of mine said he hears the giants have burress as the #1 FA they are goin for. Anyone else hear this?
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Total Access said the Giants are offering Plaxico Burress everything they can, but he said he wants to play in warm weather for a team with a good TE and RB. San Diego seems to fit this profile better than anyone. The Giants get two out of three.

Can the Giants offer him enough money to keep him warm?
socalscholar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Burress Reply with quote

Adam Shefter of NFL Access stated, the Giants are " burning up his lines". I think he would chose the Giants over the Chargers, if he is smart. Just from the organiztional stand point.
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see MLB Ed Hartwell, T Oliver Ross, FS Idrees Bashir, and WR David Terrell all signed.
Joro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really dont like david terrell. he may be talented, but he has no desire. and that wont be implanted in him ever. he is a waste.

the signing of bashir would be nice, he can be our backup at the safety positions as well as our nickel back.

ross is ok, but he isnt a left tackle, which is what we need. petitgout is a probowler on the right side, but struggles on the left.

mike wahle, at a reasonable price, should be our target.

giants shouldnt sign burress. he is prob asking for way too much money, and isnt even great. he could be a bust.

JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrell's situation wasn't the greatest in Chicago. Their offense struggles every year. Maybe his attitude will change with the Giants and his talents will be used. Last year when Coughlin came in he said he didn't want any 1st round draft picks going to waste (Joseph and Dayne). Terrell might not be the answer but I think he could be a solid receiver.

Bashir wouldn't be a solid back up. It all depends on the Williams and Wilson situation and whether either of them change positions. If not we need a FS and Bashir would be the guy. Alexander is old and was just in the right place at the right time for the few interceptions he got. The only reason it seemed like so many is because we don't intercept many balls. I think Will Allen only had one on the season.
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard the Giants are about to sign Bell. I have also heard they aren't very interested in Hartwell Shocked. LB Pierce of the Redskins is supposed to be signed tomorrow too and we would be switching to a 3-4 defense.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. 3-4 could work, with strahan, osi, and robbins up front and emmons, pierce, bell, green behind. if bell is cheap, then that could work, but id still much rather get hartwell who is proven to be healthy. bell has had some serious problems but when healthy is probably better. pierce is really good as well. that would be sick tho, it would set up our D for next year to dominate as long as bell stays healthy and osi breaks out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: