Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chaos Mock - what number is this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosisgolden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Chaos Mock - what number is this? Reply with quote

We trade down with the Eagles. Eagles miss out on or choose not to draft a QB early in the 1st but decide they want to move back up for one.

We give up our 1st and our 5th for their 2nd and 3rd. We still come out on top of this one based on the trade chart.

2 from Eagles - Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Maybe a little thin, but I think he could play corner or move to safety for us.

2 (original) - Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
TT grabs another WR in the 2nd round and hopes to hit with this one too.

3 From Eagles - Brian Schwenke, C, California
Schwenke is a good pick whether he plays center or not. If anything he gives us immediate depth at OG that we need. But you have to admit that Rodgers would like another Cal alum snapping him the ball.

3 (original) - Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
Yes, he's back in my mock! Despite the issues, I think this guy will be a great back for us. Packers will bring him around. It might take a year, but he'll be our feature back soon enough.

4 - Montori Hughes, NT, Tennessee-Martin
Big man. Pickett or maybe even Raji's replacement. Either way, he'll take up some snaps and help clog the middle better than anyone he have now.

5 (comp) - Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State
A staple in my mocks. Just smells like a WR we would grab. Nothing special, but has some skills. Could easily be our #5 guy.

6 - Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas
Hopefully a better TE from Arkansas that DJ Williams has been. He probably won't help with Blocking much, but might help instantly streching the field.

7 - Earl Wolff, S, NC State
He's a safety. That's all I know.

Appreciate any input. I know a couple of guys are a bit higher than others are predicting (Schwenke and Michael).
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this. I think adding depth to the secondary will be big as I don't see Tramon in our future plans. I also like Williams in this fit and think he'll be underrated come draft day. Throw in BS and Michael and we have several guys who can come in on day one and make a difference.

Hughes is interesting. That's a different type of mold than what we have currently. I don't know what he offers in penetration, but he could very well be a solid rotational two gap player on obvious run downs. I'm more interested in going after a penetrator like Sly Williams in round two, as I feel that was something we really, really have lacked since CJ. Neal can easily fill that void but you can't put all of your chips in that corner.

Otherwise great job.
chaosisgolden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's not my favorite mock, but hopefully something that is realistic. I'm good with the red flags on the guys that have them at those draft positions.

CB is a bit of a questions position. In a year or 2 there is no guarantee we have Shields, House or Tramon (for various reasons). It could very well be a position of need very soon.

There is a lot in this mock I didn't accomplish (like more O line depth, DE, OLB, better safety). But that's how the real draft goes.
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid! Little high on Schwenke for my liking but I do like him as a prospect. I would LOVE if the first two picks turned out like that. Banks is underrated and great value in the 2nd. Williams fits the mold of a Packers WR with great YAC ability.

Dont dislike any picks here. Good work!!
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do the Packers need a CB? You can argue they need an upgrade at safety but they are pretty well set at CB. I also don't get 2 WR's unless you feel the draft is so deep in good WR's that TT will just take advantage. The problem is will there be 2 WR spots open and I don't believe so. I also would not touch Micheal with a 10 foot pole - he is a complete head case form what I read with a very bad attitude. These are not the types TT drafts.
chaosisgolden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Why do the Packers need a CB? You can argue they need an upgrade at safety but they are pretty well set at CB. I also don't get 2 WR's unless you feel the draft is so deep in good WR's that TT will just take advantage. The problem is will there be 2 WR spots open and I don't believe so. I also would not touch Micheal with a 10 foot pole - he is a complete head case form what I read with a very bad attitude. These are not the types TT drafts.

What is Tramon Williams is never the same player again? What if House can never stay healthy? What if Shields only signs his tender and cashes in as a UFA next year with another team? Yes, it's a bunch of what if's, but it goes both ways. It's a bit of an unknown after 2013 whether CB is a huge need or not.

If the Packers are afraid of losing James Jones or Jordy Nelson to free agency in the coming year or 2, I could really see a need for the extra WR's. We could very well carry 6 this year. And a 5th rounder is not a bad spot to take a shot at another one.

I don't pretend to know a lot about these prospects. I know Michael has his issues, but I'm not aware of him being a "complete head case" or have a "very bad attitude". If there are obvious examples of it, then I'd consider dropping him lower or off the board completely. But from the little I've read, it seems like a risk worth taking. And a 4th isn't a huge risk on anyone in the current CBA (money wise). Especially for a guy with that much talent.
Siv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Harper is one of my biggest sleepers in this draft. Been watching him for years at KSU and he always stood out to me but never heard much about him. Good size, strong and can get yac. Would love him in this offense. Not real sure about getting CB early but I guess you can never have enough depth. Rather grab someone on the DL in the 2nd in place of Williams.
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siv wrote:
Chris Harper is one of my biggest sleepers in this draft. Been watching him for years at KSU and he always stood out to me but never heard much about him. Good size, strong and can get yac. Would love him in this offense. Not real sure about getting CB early but I guess you can never have enough depth. Rather grab someone on the DL in the 2nd in place of Williams.

I agree with you about Harper. I think he has a chance to be more than a #5, as he can develop into a replacement for Jones should he get too expensive. I hear people talking about Harper's lack of speed because he ran a 4.5 in the 40. Well folks, go back and look at Jordy and James Jones draft analysis/combines. They both ran 4.5, and the negatives were that they lacked the burst or a second gear. I think we can all agree they were proved wrong. The guy is a good football player, and I'd love it if we could swipe him in the mid rounds.

Last edited by pacnwpackfan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SplashDive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other WR that I like better in the 2nd than Williams but depending on who is there I wouldn't be too upset with the pick.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: