Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Purple People's Poll #25 (Vikings on the clock)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will das Spiel pick at #25?
WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
30%
 30%  [ 18 ]
WR Robert Woods, USC
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
DT Sylvester Williams, UNC
41%
 41%  [ 25 ]
CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please state who and why)
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 60

KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ViKingHopeful wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ViKingHopeful wrote:
I know this is getting a bit picky, but Hunter only had 2 TDs in the SEC this year (Missouri and Kentucky). Wouldn't consider that much of a red zone threat for a guy with his size and ability.

I know Bray's play in the SEC was pretty bad, but he still managed to toss 19 TDs in conference play. I'll admit I didn't watch many Tennessee games this year, but you'd think a #1 target could find the end zone a little more. I like the guys who play big in big games.

Trust me...the excuses for Hunters lack of production in big games are never ending on here. Its quite sad. (Bad coaching, no run game, no pass game, etc.) Im waiting to hear that the grass wasnt cut right Laughing

Come on now. I admittedly said I hadn't watched much Tennessee football this year, so he gave me some solid reasoning as to why the stats might not tell the whole story. The only sad part is you ripping him personally just because you don't like the player...

There's nothing personal about it...and its not that I dont like Hunter, its that I feel Hopkins is the better option. Every time something is brought up about Hunters production, another excuse is thrown out there.

Hunter did have 73 catches for over a 1,000 yards. That's pretty good production.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Justin Hunter is the next best available WR on the board, above Hopkins. I know a lot of people disagree, but after watching his tape for a while, I just don't see anything special about him, doesn't seem to have blazing speed, doesn't seem to go up for the ball. Most of his film is of him making good catches in bad coverage, and not him getting open because of his moves. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not high on him. Still a decent prospect though.

Either way, I did not vote other for Hunter, I voted for Sly Williams. To me, he might not be in the biggest position of need, but it's a close 2nd, and he is the BPA in my opinion. He fills a huge need for us both now and in the future.

My picks would have gone in this order for pick #25:
Sly Williams
Trufant
Hunter.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, as to all the bashing going on in the past few pages... Come on, really? I understand getting passionate, I understand having an argument or a disagreement, but things are getting way too far into the weeds. This is a friendly forum meant for displaying opinions and holding debates, and taking jabs at another person's intellect, or reasoning for that matter does nothing but add an air of infantilism to this forum. Have fun people! Just don't have fun at someone else's expense.

Having tact goes a long way. Being polite, allowing people to have their opinions, and being courteous are all parts of being an adult. Lets not give the Minnesota forum a bad name.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
ViKingHopeful wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ViKingHopeful wrote:
I know this is getting a bit picky, but Hunter only had 2 TDs in the SEC this year (Missouri and Kentucky). Wouldn't consider that much of a red zone threat for a guy with his size and ability.

I know Bray's play in the SEC was pretty bad, but he still managed to toss 19 TDs in conference play. I'll admit I didn't watch many Tennessee games this year, but you'd think a #1 target could find the end zone a little more. I like the guys who play big in big games.

Trust me...the excuses for Hunters lack of production in big games are never ending on here. Its quite sad. (Bad coaching, no run game, no pass game, etc.) Im waiting to hear that the grass wasnt cut right Laughing

Come on now. I admittedly said I hadn't watched much Tennessee football this year, so he gave me some solid reasoning as to why the stats might not tell the whole story. The only sad part is you ripping him personally just because you don't like the player...

I watched almost every Tennessee game, I live in GA. It was sad to watch so much talent wasted. I honestly could careless about someone insulting my intelligence. I'm a Pre-Professional Biology major and I'm perfectly content with my football IQ. I played at the 17th most winningest HS football program in the country, I have friends in the NFL, my great uncle has 4 Super Bowl rings, and my cousin was roommates with Greg Jennings in college.

My cousin- Dustin Duclo- MLB Western Michigan
Friends- Josh Harris- LS Atlanta Falcons, OG Ryan Lee New Orlean Saints
High School- Carrollton High Trojans. Carrollton, Ga.
Most importantly my great uncle ( grandmother's brother)- Woody Widenhofer DC/LBs Coach Pittsburgh Steelers.

We don't question your intelligence, but just because you "know" people who play in the league and you "played" for the 17th winningest high school program in the nation and so on, does not necessarily contribute to any sort of extreme intellect you may have that makes you superior to the rest of us on this fine forum. We get it, you know people, but because you "know" people does that make you smarter?

That's like saying because I played basketball with LeBron and MJ, and I know Phil Jackson personally that I'm an expert on all things basketball*

*None of that is true. Sadly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: