Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Purple People's Poll #25 (Vikings on the clock)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will das Spiel pick at #25?
WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
30%
 30%  [ 18 ]
WR Robert Woods, USC
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
DT Sylvester Williams, UNC
41%
 41%  [ 25 ]
CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please state who and why)
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 60

VikLegendYore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
i really wish guys could write about their views on players without the snide personal put downs with those they disagree with.

it makes reading these threads really uncomfortable.

+1

It's immature and unnecessary. Especially when you consider that if any one of us here had the "ultimate truth", we'd be in the War Room and not on an internet forum.

How do you know that one I(or more of us) haven't been Wink
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the AJ Green comparison and I absolutely buy it if he reaches his ceiling.

However, he's a boom or bust player. His athletic ability is undeniable, but, at this point, he's an athlete playing football. Not a football player who's a good athlete.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
i really wish guys could write about their views on players without the snide personal put downs with those they disagree with.

+1

It's immature and unnecessary. Especially when you consider that if any one of us here had the "ultimate truth", we'd be in the War Room and not on an internet forum.

This isn't the war room?

I've been in the wrong place the entire time?!

Laughing

Oh, but it is the War Room. Game on! lol. Sorry sleep deprived from work and studying for exams.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikLegendYore wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

+1

Then that person must have sucked at it to currently be on an internet fan forum and not in a war room...

Is that you Fran Foley???
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give Hopkins credit but I don't think he has the physicality or jumping ability to compensate for his lack of speed in the NFL. Those contested catches will do nothing but decrease in the NFL due to greater competition. Hopkins is not going to muscle or out leap anyone in the NFL but I can guarantee you that Hunter can and will out run and leap DBs in the NFL. Another thing I don't like about Hopkins, is his lack of gaining yards after the catch. He's not an explosive WR. He has NO moves.
VikLegendYore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
VikLegendYore wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

+1

Then that person must have sucked at it to currently be on an internet fan forum and not in a war room...

Is that you Fran Foley???

Naaaah. But, I have met Fran. Have you? Smile

Oh, and you'd be surprised and how many Scouting Dept. execs, scouts, former scouts, etc. from various teams post online...anonymously. Wink
ViKingHopeful

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is getting a bit picky, but Hunter only had 2 TDs in the SEC this year (Missouri and Kentucky). Wouldn't consider that much of a red zone threat for a guy with his size and ability.

I know Bray's play in the SEC was pretty bad, but he still managed to toss 19 TDs in conference play. I'll admit I didn't watch many Tennessee games this year, but you'd think a #1 target could find the end zone a little more. I like the guys who play big in big games.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikLegendYore wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

if you were, you certainly wouldn't be insulting the intelligence of those in the room with you.

you'd be tossed out on your can.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennessee had zero run game. That ultimately put a lot of pressure on Hunter. Bray is strictly a pocket quarterback, which means a lot rides on the throw because he cannot by time for his WRs to get open. No threat in the run game, allowed safeties to shade towards Hunter's way. With only having a small portion of the field to cover, it limited Hunter. Whereas, Clemson had a more balanced offense with a mobile quarterback that could get outside the pocket and allow his WRs to get open.
VikLegendYore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
VikLegendYore wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

if you were, you certainly wouldn't be insulting the intelligence of those in the room with you.

you'd be tossed out on your can.

Interesting choice of words as SS was prepared to do just that 1 year...to FF.

In any case, mutual respect is earned in a war room. Just because someone articulates an opinion with no track record of knowing what they are talking about doesn't mean that they are worthy of any weight being given to them...unless, of course, you are of the belief that all comrades are created equal, Comrade Daddy Shocked .
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh?

what a load of crap. if we're not intelligent or savvy enough for you here, you're free to move on at any time.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViKingHopeful wrote:
I know this is getting a bit picky, but Hunter only had 2 TDs in the SEC this year (Missouri and Kentucky). Wouldn't consider that much of a red zone threat for a guy with his size and ability.

I know Bray's play in the SEC was pretty bad, but he still managed to toss 19 TDs in conference play. I'll admit I didn't watch many Tennessee games this year, but you'd think a #1 target could find the end zone a little more. I like the guys who play big in big games.

Trust me...the excuses for Hunters lack of production in big games are never ending on here. Its quite sad. (Bad coaching, no run game, no pass game, etc.) Im waiting to hear that the grass wasnt cut right Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ViKingHopeful wrote:

Trust me...the excuses for Hunters lack of production in big games are never ending on here. Its quite sad. (Bad coaching, no run game, no pass game, etc.) Im waiting to hear that the grass wasnt cut right Laughing

Come on now. I admittedly said I hadn't watched much Tennessee football this year, so he gave me some solid reasoning as to why the stats might not tell the whole story. The only sad part is you ripping him personally just because you don't like the player...
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViKingHopeful wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ViKingHopeful wrote:

Come on now. I admittedly said I hadn't watched much Tennessee football this year, so he gave me some solid reasoning as to why the stats might not tell the whole story. The only sad part is you ripping him personally just because you don't like the player...

There's nothing personal about it...and its not that I dont like Hunter, its that I feel Hopkins is the better option. Every time something is brought up about Hunters production, another excuse is thrown out there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViKingHopeful wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ViKingHopeful wrote:

I watched almost every Tennessee game, I live in GA. It was sad to watch so much talent wasted. I honestly could careless about someone insulting my intelligence. I'm a Pre-Professional Biology major and I'm perfectly content with my football IQ. I played at the 17th most winningest HS football program in the country, I have friends in the NFL, my great uncle has 4 Super Bowl rings, and my cousin was roommates with Greg Jennings in college.

My cousin- Dustin Duclo- MLB Western Michigan
Friends- Josh Harris- LS Atlanta Falcons, OG Ryan Lee New Orlean Saints
High School- Carrollton High Trojans. Carrollton, Ga.
Most importantly my great uncle ( grandmother's brother)- Woody Widenhofer DC/LBs Coach Pittsburgh Steelers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: