Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Purple People's Poll #25 (Vikings on the clock)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will das Spiel pick at #25?
WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
30%
 30%  [ 18 ]
WR Robert Woods, USC
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
DT Sylvester Williams, UNC
41%
 41%  [ 25 ]
CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please state who and why)
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 60

KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBs are better in the NFL.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
All his contested catches are due to lack of separation. I'm done talking to you.

haha what??? You're just digging yourself a deeper hole man. Tape and stats do the talking....in turn Hopkins>Hunter. End of story

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i really wish guys could write about their views on players without the snide personal put downs with those they disagree with.

it makes reading these threads really uncomfortable.

I disagree. It makes the thread much more entertaining AND the process of identifying WHO knows what they are talking about becomes easier to discern. Wink

I like Hunter too. He's very comparable to Vincent Jackson as a prospect.
VikLegendYore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
All his contested catches are due to lack of separation. I'm done talking to you.

haha what??? You're just digging yourself a deeper hole man. Tape and stats do the talking....in turn Hopkins>Hunter. End of story

Welllll, there you go again. Keith left the discussion but you seemingly have an urgent need to get in the last word...not unlike the female of the species. Smile

I agree with Keith in the sense that most of Hopkins' contested catches are due to lack of seperation speed. Not unlike Alshon Jeffries who had to learn how to make circus catches due to his dreadful speed. This is easily verified by GAME TAPE, not highlight films that most here rely upon. GAME TAPE tells the story.

In the end, time will tell which of the 2 will be the better pro. Right now as far as prospects go, Hunter, who I and many others who know what they are talking about view as comparable to Vincent Jackson, is the better prospect
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the from the fact that Hunter would have to put on 40 pounds, and then still have great athleticism.

I don't think I've ever seen him compared to Vincent Jackson

Last edited by rpmwr19 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikLegendYore wrote:
Right now as far as prospects go, Hunter, who I and many others who know what they are talking about view as comparable to Vincent Jackson, is the better prospect

Let's keep the personal insults out of the discussion. Everyone has a differing opinion and they are allowed to have them without anyone questioning the intelligence of another poster. And it isn't just you that's been doing this, all of you need to stop it.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
VikLegendYore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Aside from the from the fact that Hunter would have to put on 40 pounds, and then still have great athleticism.

The weight will come in time as he matures. But, he runs and makes catches like VJ.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikLegendYore wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

The weight will come in time as he matures. But, he runs and makes catches like VJ.

40 pounds? On his frame? No.

Jackson ran a 4.46 at the combine after weighing it at 241 lbs

Hunter ran a 4.44 at the combine after weighing in at 196.

Also, I like how you say that you, and many others who know what they are talking about, have Hunter ahead of Hopkins yet only one, reputable, scouting site agrees.

Making claims and then not really substantiating them isn't a great practice. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't try to beef it up with puffery that just isn't true.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should say that I've only found one scouting site that has Hunter ahead of Hopkins (WalterFootball), and even with that they're graded closely.

If you have other sources that have him as the better receiver I'd love to see them. I'd also like to see who's compared him to Vincent Jackson.

I've seen comparisons that go from Herman Moore to Brian Quick.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikLegendYore wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

Welllll, there you go again. Keith left the discussion but you seemingly have an urgent need to get in the last word...not unlike the female of the species. Smile

I agree with Keith in the sense that most of Hopkins' contested catches are due to lack of seperation speed. Not unlike Alshon Jeffries who had to learn how to make circus catches due to his dreadful speed. This is easily verified by GAME TAPE, not highlight films that most here rely upon. GAME TAPE tells the story.

In the end, time will tell which of the 2 will be the better pro. Right now as far as prospects go, Hunter, who I and many others who know what they are talking about view as comparable to Vincent Jackson, is the better prospect

Yeah Im not quite sure where you're getting your information from but you should probably re-evaluate. Because if you really pay close attention...which you arent...many scouts and nfl analysts/experts have Hopkins rated higher as well. Unless, you're going to sit there and tell me you know more than them. You and all the "other people that know what they are talking about" might want to do a little more research. Hunter really doesnt have much over Hopkins other than speed. Sorry but relying on speed does not make someone a good NFL WR. He has average hands as well. Sorry but Ill pass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They rank prospects as prospects, not prospects for specific teams. My argument is that Hunter's size/speed, jumping ability, and red zone/deep threat compliment what the Viking's need better than Hopkins attributes.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter does a great job of using his big body to shield off defender's as well.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i really wish guys could write about their views on players without the snide personal put downs with those they disagree with.

+1

It's immature and unnecessary. Especially when you consider that if any one of us here had the "ultimate truth", we'd be in the War Room and not on an internet forum.
VikLegendYore

rpmwr19 wrote:
I should say that I've only found one scouting site that has Hunter ahead of Hopkins (WalterFootball), and even with that they're graded closely.

If you have other sources that have him as the better receiver I'd love to see them. I'd also like to see who's compared him to Vincent Jackson.

I've seen comparisons that go from Herman Moore to Brian Quick.

Greg Cosell compares him to AJ Green or Randy (I think he's more comparable to VJ as he has a more developed lower body than those two). http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cosell-doctorine-pt-2-ranking-receivers-impossible-task-152311174--nfl.html

The million dollar quote(s): "I will end with Justin Hunter from Tennessee, the most physically talented wide receiver prospect in this draft class. He is, without question, the most explosive as a route runner with his long body (64), route fluidity, vertical speed and playmaking ability at the catch point. Like every receiver entering the NFL, he is not a finished product. (Sometimes we forget that). He displayed inconsistent hands, with too many easy drops. And the lingering effects of his 2011 ACL injury, likely more mental than physical, cannot be dismissed in any evaluation. But he has legitimate acceleration and vertical explosion that clearly projects to the NFL, and it will impact games."

"Hunter is the most intriguing receiver on the board. The tape shows you how he moves: hes smooth, supple and explosive. He looks like AJ Green with his body type and his fluid strides. Hes not the receiver at this point that Green was coming out of Georgia two years ago, but if Hunter develops and grows as a professional, always a question with all but a few prospects, he has a chance to be a Pro Bowl player. Ive talked to some who see Randy Moss comparisons. Regardless, there are not many with his height, length and movement. Id be surprised if his name wasnt called on the first night."
rpmwr19

wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

+1

It's immature and unnecessary. Especially when you consider that if any one of us here had the "ultimate truth", we'd be in the War Room and not on an internet forum.

This isn't the war room?

I've been in the wrong place the entire time?!

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: