Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your 2013 "Man-Crush" Prospect
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Your 2013 "Man-Crush" Prospect Reply with quote

As the title says, who is your favorite prospect, or prospect you think is going to be really good. I'd like for these guys to be not first rounders, but you cant stop the heart Wink ... so who ya got?

Mine would be ...

Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas

- He has a rough time in his last season at Arkansas. He lost his HC right before the season, he lost 3 WRs from the season before. Wilson is a tough propsect with the ability to make everythrow on the field. His size is less than ideal (6'2" 220) but he can move around the pocket and also isnt afraid to get hit. He does have a "gun-slinger" mentality but, has the arm strength to fit the ball into tight windows. He is rising in my QB rankings.

I would love for Buffalo to make him thier 3rd Round pick (*Hint check for my new mock Wink ).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this comes as a surprise to no one lol, but he's actually been my Manti-Crush since he started at ND. His play on the field had him very high on everyone's draft boards, and the fake girlfriend and slow 40 time are all that it took to drop him? I'm ok with that. He is the best ILB in this draft, and I'm sure he'll show that once he hits the field in the pros.

I'm sure everyone remembers my last 2 Man-Crushes : Ryan Kerrigan and James Laurinaitis. Those guys are doing pretty well for themselves Wink
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girlfriend thing people could understand it wasnt a hinderance but the 40 time and blaming it on the girlfriend situation with teams asking about it made teams shy away from him. The big issue i have with the guy and im sure alot of scouts will say the same is where was he in the BCS Championship game. He was nonexistent in the most important game of his college career. Alabama was the closest team to an NFL team last year at the college level.

Thanks Max
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two. Both of which we brought in so I'm hopeful we land one of the two!

Geno Smith (big surprise right?)

Justin Hunter

Also a huge Marcus Lattimore fan but there's really no chance that we take him in my opinion.

jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Your 2013 "Man-Crush" Prospect Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
As the title says, who is your favorite prospect, or prospect you think is going to be really good. I'd like for these guys to be not first rounders, but you cant stop the heart Wink ... so who ya got?

Mine would be ...

Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas

- He has a rough time in his last season at Arkansas. He lost his HC right before the season, he lost 3 WRs from the season before. Wilson is a tough propsect with the ability to make everythrow on the field. His size is less than ideal (6'2" 220) but he can move around the pocket and also isnt afraid to get hit. He does have a "gun-slinger" mentality but, has the arm strength to fit the ball into tight windows. He is rising in my QB rankings.

I would love for Buffalo to make him thier 3rd Round pick (*Hint check for my new mock Wink ).

I'll second this.

TommyC376^^^
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
The girlfriend thing people could understand it wasnt a hinderance but the 40 time and blaming it on the girlfriend situation with teams asking about it made teams shy away from him. The big issue i have with the guy and im sure alot of scouts will say the same is where was he in the BCS Championship game. He was nonexistent in the most important game of his college career. Alabama was the closest team to an NFL team last year at the college level.

I'll say this. Finding out thie whole thing was a hoax just a couple weeks before the game would be a huge distraction. I know he said it wasn't, but that's what NFL teams would want to hear; that he wasn't distracted. I'm not making excuses, because he did have a poor game, but the defense as a whole had a terrible game. Alabama was just on point.

And 40 times don't really mean anything to me outside of WR and DB, and RB somewhat.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean.... look at him.

Last edited by Trentwannabe on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Also a huge Marcus Lattimore fan but there's really no chance that we take him in my opinion.

I've been a huge fan of his for a long time as well, since I saw him as a Freshman. I think he'll recover fully and be a beast in the NFL.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is Jarvis Jones, I dont have time for a picture but just love his style of play. He would fit perfect at OLB in this defense with his flexibility to play 4-3 or 3-4. I know the injury issue could scare some but personally it sounds like he has cleared all that. He just has that hard nose style player that I like.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
Mine is Jarvis Jones, I dont have time for a picture but just love his style of play. He would fit perfect at OLB in this defense with his flexibility to play 4-3 or 3-4. I know the injury issue could scare some but personally it sounds like he has cleared all that. He just has that hard nose style player that I like.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

I've been a huge fan of his for a long time as well, since I saw him as a Freshman. I think he'll recover fully and be a beast in the NFL.

Same here. I'm hoping the Bengals (I support them) grab him. He would be a big addition once he's fully recovered. Although I'm a huge Buckeyes fan, I love watching the Gamecocks too.

I think it would be great if we took him if he slips into the 4th or 5th but I highly doubt we grab him with Choice being resigned.

joutman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Cordarelle Patterson Reply with quote

Mine is Cordarelle Patterson. I do not have time to put his picture up. If you look at his highlights on YouTube you might be smitten as much as i was. When he gets in the open he is a sight to behold. His vision and cutback ability left me saying WOW. The same reaction that Cosell had when looking at him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordarelle Patterson Reply with quote

joutman wrote:
Mine is Cordarelle Patterson. I do not have time to put his picture up. If you look at his highlights on YouTube you might be smitten as much as i was. When he gets in the open he is a sight to behold. His vision and cutback ability left me saying WOW. The same reaction that Cosell had when looking at him.
Thats the problem. People care too much about highlights. McShay brings up a great point about him disappearing for 20-30 plays at a time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of dion jordan I just dont see him getting passed the Eagles at 4. If the bills have a shot at him i hope he is there.

Lattimore is another guy i like. For a 4th rd pick future wise this guy will be a stud. Everyone is worried about his injury but look at gore, mcgahee, and ap all had devastating knee injuries and still came back and have had solid careers. Knee injuries arent as bad as they use to with the doctors and surgeons that know how to rehab the players back to 100% or in APs case 110% without taking up alot of time. If nix sticks with his plan of BPA taking him in the 4th would be a great idea. Choice is a 1 yesr signing, and fjax has a year left on his contract and is 32 years old so why not bring him in sit him for a year and let him learn from spiller and fjax as well as understanding coach Marrone's scheme. Amazing reward for such little risk.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: