Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CK7 Mock Draft Finale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I had trouble picking a sleeper back. I wanted Murray and Jamison but I feel like they both go before the 7th. And Barner gives is the Kr aspect.

I have Murray in the 6th in my next mock. Personally, I really like him and Gillislee.

Miguel Mayonet and Murray are my favorites. Love backs who look the part and played behind crappy Olines in college.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I had trouble picking a sleeper back. I wanted Murray and Jamison but I feel like they both go before the 7th. And Barner gives is the Kr aspect.

I have Murray in the 6th in my next mock. Personally, I really like him and Gillislee.

Miguel Mayonet and Murray are my favorites. Love backs who look the part and played behind crappy Olines in college.

Ditto. I would take either guy.
unko_B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
unko_B wrote:
I like the picks, all solid well covered players. However, a few things: the trend seems to be that everyone believes Miami will be the trade partners for Oakland at #3, although plausible, IMO not realistic. While Ireland spent a lot of money this offseason, I dont think he'll be as aggressive on draft day by trading all those picks he acquired just for one player. Instead I can see them making a play for KC's Brandon Albert for #54 overall pick and late rounder. Not saying its wrong or I'm right, its just easier to get a starting LT by trading two picks instead of 4 or 5 picks.

Next, I really do like Sheldon Richardson, dudes a beast when he's rolling. However, his character concerns including his commitment to the game and he often takes plays off. I feel those things takes him completely off RM's radar. He's preached that he wants smart hard working people who can play football. Therefore, someone of lesser talent but with a better work ethic than & less character concerns can be actually valued higher. In a way I kind of see Warford having the same issues. Mostly due to his constant battle with his weight. Nothing is wrong with the players, I just dont see RM considering them ahead of players.

With all that nonsense said, I would be happy with this draft. Mostly cant complain but I definitely dig the Rambo, Poyer & Barner picks. I think those are great value picks.

I think you have Richardson mixed up with someone else. Yes he does have a couple off field incident school related, missing class I believe and he runs his mouth. Not really that big of a deal and Reggie helped draft a guy just like that, who? BJ Raji
Also Richardson is one of the only DT's in this draft who doesnt take plays off. He is non-stop every play and chasing players down field with more hustle than the LB's.

As for weight issues being a concern for an OG. Well all those guys have weight issues. Thats why they are playing OG. Fat and slow. lol

I am surprised you list Richardson as having off-field issues but say nothing about Rambo or Poyer who have worse off-field stuff than Richardson ever had.

I stand corrected, I did confuse Richardson with another as far as a player who takes plays off. Dude has a motor that much I'm sure. The off field issues mostly dealt with school but he has a long history of academic failure including being suspended for it. Upon further review though I do think he would be an option for RM if picking at #12. I guess really the only knock on him I could find was whether or not he would be motivated to after signing a big contract. None of us will ever really know, & I'm sure thats what the interview process is for. So if he can convince Rm or any other GM for that matter that he means business he should be fine.

Richardson's 13 starts in 24 games is a bit concerning, accompanied with a meager 3 sacks during his dominating 2012 campaign doesnt bode well with me. IMO the Raiders need sacks, & I think an edge rusher holds more value here. If you want to talk about stopping the run someone like Brandon Williams in 3rd would be the answer.

Obviously Rambo & Poyer have off field concerns & I felt they were the easiest to identify of the group, therefore I did not feel I needed to write about it. I almost assumed that it went without saying. IMO both of them will not be considered by RM at any point during the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: