Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CK7 Mock Draft Finale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: CK7 Mock Draft Finale Reply with quote

Round 1:
Pick 1 Kansas City Chiefs- Luke Joeckel, OT Texas AM
Pick 2 Jacksonville Jaguars- Dion Jordan, OLB/DE Oregon
Pick 3 *TRADE* Miami Dolphins- Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
*** Oakland trades pick #3 and Miami trades picks #12,54,82, and 2014 3rd.
Pick 4 Philadelphia Eagles- Star Louitele, DT/DE Utah
Pick 5 Detroit Lions- Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
Pick 6 Philadelphia Eagles- Ezekial Ansah, DE BYU
Pick 7 Arizona Cardinals- Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma
Pick 8 Buffalo Bills- Geno Smith, QB WVU
Pick 9 New York Jets- Jarvis Jones
Pick 10 Tennessee Titans- Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
Pick 11 San Diego Chargers- Jonathon Cooper, OG North Carolina
Pick 12 Oakland Raiders- Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri

We get our guy here at #12 while picking up a few valuable middle rounders and a future 3rd. Richardson will give us an explosive force in the middle and a potential cornerstone at DT. He will rush the passer and provide a push down low. He can hopefully add a few pounds while keeping his quickness and explosion off the snap, which make him so dangerous. He is not a hole plugger but playing him next to Sims and Bilikudi would make up for that.

Pick 54 Oakland Raiders- Larry Warford, OG Kentucky

Lets just hope the big nasty is here at #54 because he would be a day one starter in my mind.

Pick 66 Oakland Raiders- Bacarri Rambo, FS Georgia

Rambo has to control himself a little bit more but hes got the natural play making ability you look for in a FS. IF he cant step in and be a starter right away he can sit behing Usama Young or whoever is our FS and learn for the season or a few games. He has star potential.

Pick 82 Oakland Raiders- Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon State

Love Poyer as a player, two star athelete, smart, good fundamentals and great value here at the end of the third.

Pick 100 Oakland Raiders- Kevin Reddick, LB North Carolina

Reddick has the ability in my mind to be MLB in a 3-4 or an OLB in a 4-3. I like hes versatility and hard work mentality. Our linebacker corp is all stop gap right now and I like him as a piece of the future.

Pick 172 Oakland Raiders- Joseph Fauria, TE UCLA

With Reece already filling the H back role I didn't want to take Chris Gragg who is a similar player so Fauria gives us the 6'7 Redzone target we really lack. He needs to work on his blocking and YAC ability but his height/weight/speed ratio is undeniable.

Pick 205 Oakland Raiders- Walter Stewart, DE Cincinnati

Really like his game. Good speed rush from the edge. Needs to bulk up a little to sustain a solid rush at the next level.

Pick 209 Oakland Raiders- Kenjon Barner, RB Oregon

Barner can handle the KR duties and be a nice weapon out of the backfield.

Pick 219 Oakland Raiders- Marcus Cromartie, CB Wisconsin

Reggie starts his run on UDFA CB's just a little early to insure he gets Cromartie. Good size and speed with a chip on his shoulder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first 3 picks. Excellent picks, all could be day 1 starters.
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first 3. First 5 picks are pretty good would just like to see end addressed sooner.

S\O Palooka on the sig
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+. Dont know how realistic it is, but I would die from excitement if it worked out.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I love it. I need to brush up on my late round prospects but trading down and grabbing Sheldon Richardson would make me very happy.

Also one question, I remember seeing Poyer as a 1/2 round prospect not too long ago what made him slip so much? Terrible 40 and combine?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Richardson and Warford would be great additions. I have a hard time seeing Rambo getting the nod from the new regime. Reddick played for the North Squad but I have read his conditioning isn't that great.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the picks, all solid well covered players. However, a few things: the trend seems to be that everyone believes Miami will be the trade partners for Oakland at #3, although plausible, IMO not realistic. While Ireland spent a lot of money this offseason, I dont think he'll be as aggressive on draft day by trading all those picks he acquired just for one player. Instead I can see them making a play for KC's Brandon Albert for #54 overall pick and late rounder. Not saying its wrong or I'm right, its just easier to get a starting LT by trading two picks instead of 4 or 5 picks.

Next, I really do like Sheldon Richardson, dudes a beast when he's rolling. However, his character concerns including his commitment to the game and he often takes plays off. I feel those things takes him completely off RM's radar. He's preached that he wants smart hard working people who can play football. Therefore, someone of lesser talent but with a better work ethic than & less character concerns can be actually valued higher. In a way I kind of see Warford having the same issues. Mostly due to his constant battle with his weight. Nothing is wrong with the players, I just dont see RM considering them ahead of players.

With all that nonsense said, I would be happy with this draft. Mostly cant complain but I definitely dig the Rambo, Poyer & Barner picks. I think those are great value picks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unko_B wrote:
I like the picks, all solid well covered players. However, a few things: the trend seems to be that everyone believes Miami will be the trade partners for Oakland at #3, although plausible, IMO not realistic. While Ireland spent a lot of money this offseason, I dont think he'll be as aggressive on draft day by trading all those picks he acquired just for one player. Instead I can see them making a play for KC's Brandon Albert for #54 overall pick and late rounder. Not saying its wrong or I'm right, its just easier to get a starting LT by trading two picks instead of 4 or 5 picks.

Next, I really do like Sheldon Richardson, dudes a beast when he's rolling. However, his character concerns including his commitment to the game and he often takes plays off. I feel those things takes him completely off RM's radar. He's preached that he wants smart hard working people who can play football. Therefore, someone of lesser talent but with a better work ethic than & less character concerns can be actually valued higher. In a way I kind of see Warford having the same issues. Mostly due to his constant battle with his weight. Nothing is wrong with the players, I just dont see RM considering them ahead of players.

With all that nonsense said, I would be happy with this draft. Mostly cant complain but I definitely dig the Rambo, Poyer & Barner picks. I think those are great value picks.

I think you have Richardson mixed up with someone else. Yes he does have a couple off field incident school related, missing class I believe and he runs his mouth. Not really that big of a deal and Reggie helped draft a guy just like that, who? BJ Raji
Also Richardson is one of the only DT's in this draft who doesnt take plays off. He is non-stop every play and chasing players down field with more hustle than the LB's.

As for weight issues being a concern for an OG. Well all those guys have weight issues. Thats why they are playing OG. Fat and slow. lol

I am surprised you list Richardson as having off-field issues but say nothing about Rambo or Poyer who have worse off-field stuff than Richardson ever had.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
Yeah I love it. I need to brush up on my late round prospects but trading down and grabbing Sheldon Richardson would make me very happy.

Also one question, I remember seeing Poyer as a 1/2 round prospect not too long ago what made him slip so much? Terrible 40 and combine?

Heah Poyer has been slipping due to average measurables and other CB's rising And passing him like Darius Slay and Jamar Taylor.

How do people feel about Walter Stewart and Joseph Fauria?

Also I don't see them trading for Brandon Albert because they would have to pay him top LT money right now. Trading for our pick allows them to get (hopefully) a top LT for peanuts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:

Heah Poyer has been slipping due to average measurables and other CB's rising And passing him like Darius Slay and Jamar Taylor.

How do people feel about Walter Stewart and Joseph Fauria?

Also I don't see them trading for Brandon Albert because they would have to pay him top LT money right now. Trading for our pick allows them to get (hopefully) a top LT for peanuts.

Not to mention minimal questions on his back and the fact that he will be 29 two weeks into the season. If they wanted to pay that price for a vet that had some questions I am sure they would have kept Long.

I dont understand why Fauria has dropped of the radar it seems. But seems he can be had cheap now.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel like its very realistic but love it nonetheless

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, this would be my favorite draft but I can't get into mocks w/ trades. Everyone does it and it probably won't happen so I just kinda leave it alone....

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock. I don't really buy the Miami trade. It's unlikely to happen because we all want it to so bad Laughing

Some thoughts:

First 3 picks are solid. Would offer starting talent. Rambo is ending up in every mock now so we can only hope he's there when the Raiders pick.

Poyer - I'm lost on his value and wonder if teams will honestly sleep on him for the flashy CBs who's values are rising. I am a Poyer fan and think he's going to be a stud. Poor mans Joe Haden.

Fauria - I don't think he goes that high. He's pretty terrible blocking in-line and in the open field. He's a nice pass catcher, but he's not overly fast. He's a developmental guy who I think goes well below the top 200 players picked.

Barner - Meh... with bevy of sleeper backs, Barner is a bad choice. I'm a Ducks homer, but Barner is nothing special. Runs upright, has issues catching the ball and can't pass-block on 3rd down. He'd be valuable on STs and maybe in a certain role on offense, but I think you can find a better RB.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble picking a sleeper back. I wanted Murray and Jamison but I feel like they both go before the 7th. And Barner gives is the Kr aspect.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I had trouble picking a sleeper back. I wanted Murray and Jamison but I feel like they both go before the 7th. And Barner gives is the Kr aspect.

I have Murray in the 6th in my next mock. Personally, I really like him and Gillislee.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: