Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Forum Big Board #2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #2?
Ryan Nassib
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
EJ Manuel
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Matt Barkley
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Tyler Wilson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Landry Jones
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Glennon
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Tyler Bray
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Bills Forum Big Board #2 Reply with quote

Who ya got this time? Poll ends in another 24 hours

1) Geno Smith, WV
2) ???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Glennon.

Just kidding, EJ Manuel.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley. Went with him for #1 and I'll continue to until he's picked.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Mike Glennon.

Just kidding, EJ Manuel.

Mike Glennon

No for real, Mike Glennon

EJ Manuel is terrible.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell does Glennon have two votes? I think he is the worst QB in the poll.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
How the hell does Glennon have two votes? I think he is the worst QB in the poll.
I thought the same thing about Manuel.

Edit: Ok, maybe not worse than Bray.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
I thought the same thing about Manuel.
Yeah but a lot of people have EJ as there #2 so that is really not a surprise. Hardly anyone has Glennon #2...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

Seriously this poll is garbage if he wins it. Glennon is an atrocious prospect. His only strengths are his arm and height. He will never come close to Flacco whom everyone compares him to.

DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Seriously this poll is garbage if he wins it. Glennon is an atrocious prospect. His only strengths are his arm and height. He will never come close to Flacco whom everyone compares him to.
You want to talk about an atrocious prospect, lets talk about the one you voted for. Manuel has done nothing but underperform at FSU. Terrible pocket presence. He doesn't know when to climb the pocket and backpedals from pressure too often. He has erratic ball placement and very limited experience going through progressions.

His recent hype reminds my of Blaine Gabbert who, similarly, was nothing but physical traits and potential.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

You want to talk about an atrocious prospect, lets talk about the one you voted for. Manuel has done nothing but underperform at FSU. Terrible pocket presence. He doesn't know when to climb the pocket and backpedals from pressure too often. He has erratic ball placement and very limited experience going through progressions.

His recent hype reminds my of Blaine Gabbert who, similarly, was nothing but physical traits and potential.

What can you say about Glennon though? Glennon is much worse than Manuel.

Ultimately I feel like this argument isn't going to go anywhere for both sides Laughing

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Barkley.. He may not have the upside or tools of Manuel, or Glennon but he fits what Marrone wants to run and is more NFL ready.
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley easy here. He should have been #1.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Ultimately I feel like this argument isn't going to go anywhere for both sides Laughing
I agree we will not change each others minds, but to me Glennon its as good out better than Manuel except for athleticism and improvisation.

Glennon has great pocket presence. He feels the rush well. He knows when to climb the pocket or when to roll out and decides quickly. He rarely feels pressure that isn't there.

Glennon has the best arm talent in the draft. Everyone knows he has a rocket, but he is extremely accurate when the ball comes out relatively early. When the ball comes out st the top of his drop he not only has the accuracy to complete passes, but the ball placement to allow for YAC or put it where the defender can't make a play on it. I will note that his accuracy breaks down when he has to improvise though.

Well versed in a traditional pro style offense. Gets through his progressions quickly. Uses the whole field while going through reads. Is willing to deliver a strike while taking a hit. I will day that if he takes too many hits in a game he has a tendency to start throwing off his back foot though.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^

Last edited by DKTurtle51 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I agree we will not change each others minds, but to me Glennon its as good out better than Manuel except for athleticism and improvisation.

Glennon has great pocket presence. He feels the rush well. He knows when to climb the pocket or when to roll out and decides quickly. He rarely feels pressure that isn't there.

Glennon has the best arm talent in the draft. Everyone knows he has a rocket, but he is extremely accurate when the ball comes out relatively early. When the ball comes out st the top of his drop he not only has the accuracy to complete passes, but the ball placement to allow for YAC or put it where the defender can't make a play on it. I will note that his accuracy breaks down when he has to improvise though.

I disagree with you on Glennon having good pocket awareness. He was tied for 7th most sacks. Sacks aren't always a QB's fault, but after watching him closer a lot of his sacks could have been avoided.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I disagree with you on Glennon having good pocket awareness. He was tied for 7th most sacks. Sacks aren't always a QB's fault, but after watching him closer a lot of his sacks could have been avoided.
I'd have to go back and watch again, but I didn't see out that way when I evaluated him. I'm sure he was responsible for some, every QB is. He obviously doesn't have the athleticism to avoid many sacks if his OL gets best clean. I do think he moves very well in the pocket overall though.

I'd like to watch these guys with coaches tape to better know what their options were, but Glennon's receivers struggled to get separation probably more than any other QB in this draft.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: