Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second round..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Larry Warford OR Damontre Moore
Larry Warford
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Damontre Moore
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

iRobot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Second round.. Reply with quote

Staring at us in the face is the option of grabbing Warford OR Damontre Moore.

Our 1st round pick in this scenario was Lane Johnson (even tho I don't agree, its heavily mocked lately).

What do you do?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore because the line would be set with Johnson-Colledge-Sendlein-Massie-Brown.

Also Moore is a superior talent with off field issues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Moore because the line would be set with Johnson-Colledge-Sendlein-Massie-Brown.

Also Moore is a superior talent with off field issues

Wouldn't that line be better set with:

Johnson-Brown-Sendlein-Warford-Massie ?

Don't get me wrong, we need pass rushers - just since D-Wash just got suspended for weed I'm a bit concerned about anyone arrested last summer for the same thing coming into this defense.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Warford Higher on pure Grade than Moore (Want to and Work Ethic is half the battle in the NFL, Moore is reportedly a very lazy off the field guy, does not like the Weight Room) so that leans me towards Warford. Larry also plays at a position of (slightly) bigger need. Larry also fits our schematics very well.

Moving Massie inside is a move an idiotic team would make. If we do that, I...I just don't know, it is stupid, pure unadulterated stupid.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking OL 1st two rounds wouldnt be wise because they'd ignore other/more prevalent needs such as Pass Rusher and Safety.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Taking OL 1st two rounds wouldnt be wise because they'd ignore other/more prevalent needs such as Pass Rusher and Safety.

As a pure need Guard>Safety>Pass Rush
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd be happy with either but I went Moore, really no reasoning

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

As a pure need Guard>Safety>Pass Rush

Could easily get a safety in round 3 as well. Actually I'd say that's exactly where we should take a safety and no earlier. Swearinger, Rambo, and Phillip Thomas are the 3 I would target there. They won't all be there but one of them should.

As for poll, it's tough. Moore being a very lazy weight room guy is odd because he's a high motor player on the field and play with good technique. I just find that an odd combination. After the year he was a top 10 lock and then people took their eye of the tape and watched his workouts and interviews. All of a sudden nobody wants him anymore. A top 10 talent in the 2nd round. That's odd as well.

Give me Warford here just for the sake that we can finally move on from this "our OL is terrible" discussion we've been having for the past 5 years.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
As for poll, it's tough. Moore being a very lazy weight room guy is odd because he's a high motor player on the field and play with good technique. I just find that an odd combination. After the year he was a top 10 lock and then people took their eye of the tape and watched his workouts and interviews. All of a sudden nobody wants him anymore. A top 10 talent in the 2nd round. That's odd as well.

The issue is not with the "scouting" it is with the media. The media was touting Moore as a top 10 pick and then as the offseason wore on the media began to catch up with how the scouts in the NFL felt about his ability.

The reality is there is very little actual movement post All-Star games/Combine, all it is is the media catching up to the actual scouts on players.

On Moore;

If he was polished, had good technique and had a non-stop motor on the field (I.E Essentially maxed out) you want him to have absolutely dominated the competition at the NCAA level.

If you have a "perfect" prospect, and he is not dominating in the NCAA, what tells you he is going to come in and then dominate against superior competition with the same skillset?
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

On Moore;

If he was polished, had good technique and had a non-stop motor on the field (I.E Essentially maxed out) you want him to have absolutely dominated the competition at the NCAA level.

If you have a "perfect" prospect, and he is not dominating in the NCAA, what tells you he is going to come in and then dominate against superior competition with the same skillset?

Not really sure what you're saying here. Which is connected to Moore?
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in this situation where Lane Johnson is the 1st round pick, Moore makes more sense because OL was addressed earlier. They believe that Massie has the ability to move inside to RG and Levi could move back to RT. There would be no room for Warford.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

BPA for me (including character evaluation) - even with an OT added in the first round (Levi moving to OG) we could still use an OG. I wouldn't mind a center either but I haven't kept up on candidates that scouts currently like in the early 2nd.

Using multiple high picks on O-Linemen was done by the niners a few years back - Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati both in the first round - that really set up their current line. So, I have no problem selecting two O-Linemen with our first two picks as long as they are the highest rated on our board.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore, BPA might suggest Warford but taking an OT and addressing the pass rush with only Alexander is unsettling.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
Moore, BPA might suggest Warford but taking an OT and addressing the pass rush with only Alexander is unsettling.

Just because you pass on pass rush here does not mean you can not look at other avenues to find your pass rush. I personally am I huge fan of both Quanterus Smith and Trevardo Williams. Both of whom I think are far better suited to playing OLB in a 34 defense than Moore is.

When looking at Moore vs Warford, both have similar value in terms of their overall rank on a draft board (I have Warford higher), but when looking at the next level the positional need and schematic fit, Warford really begins to separate as a prospect.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

On Moore;

Not really sure what you're saying here. Which is connected to Moore?

Both in a way. If we are looking at a prospect who plays with good technique and has a high motor, where is the room for improvement? Are we looking at a possible finished product? Can we expect improvement from this player or are we looking at a guy who will step in and be what he is?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: