Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any Chance....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhioCowboy8732

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Any Chance.... Reply with quote

Are there any scenarios where you think the Boys could end up possibly drafting both Warmack and Cooper? Decastro slid to the 24th pick last year. Would the FO be willing to trade up for an additional first round pick? What would you guys think if this happend? Against? For? Just some discussion material leading up to the draft
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very against. I'd be super happy to land either in the first, but almost no guards are worth what it would take to move back into the first round from our second. Especially not to mention our glaring need at S... I just don't see the FO doing this anyway.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id have to say 0% chance. It would cost too much. I value the guard position greatly, but it would not be worth it. Personally I liked DeCastro better than these guys last year. I still think they are good, but not worth the kind of ammo we are talking to get both of them. I will be very happy with either one at 18 though.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than zero.

The chances of us landing one of them are getting slimmer by the day. But even if both players do slide to us, there is no way we are trading away the picks necessary to get a second guard. Way too many other holes on this team.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we trade Spencer away for a high 1st round pick, I see little reason to think we'd get both of them. We don't have the volume of draft picks to allow that to happen.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
cowboyschill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Unless we trade Spencer away for a high 1st round pick, I see little reason to think we'd get both of them. We don't have the volume of draft picks to allow that to happen.

Like any team is going to trade a high-1st for a 29-year old guy they'll only have for a year and who's making twice as much as what the best pass-rushing FA's got this offseason. Maybe, just maybe, they'd rather use that high-1st on an Ansah or D. Jordan who they'd have for 3 years longer than they would Spencer and who'd also come a lot cheaper due to being on his rookie contract.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyschill wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Like any team is going to trade a high-1st for a 29-year old guy they'll only have for a year and who's making twice as much as what the best pass-rushing FA's got this offseason. Maybe, just maybe, they'd rather use that high-1st on an Ansah or D. Jordan who they'd have for 3 years longer than they would Spencer and who'd also come a lot cheaper due to being on his rookie contract.

I don't think he was suggesting it was a likely possibility that we get a high first for Spencer, and I'm assuming any team willing to trade for him, would have a verbally agreed upon contract extension, before completing the trade.
Trapt32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper if far better than Decastro and if eh falls to us at 18 I would be happy...otherwise I think a trade down would be in order...hearing Atlanta is looking to trade up
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapt32 wrote:
Cooper if far better than Decastro and if eh falls to us at 18 I would be happy...otherwise I think a trade down would be in order...hearing Atlanta is looking to trade up

I keep hearing that Cooper and Warmack blow away Decastro, even though everyone last year said Decastro was the best guard prospect in a decade.

JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Trapt32 wrote:

I keep hearing that Cooper and Warmack blow away Decastro, even though everyone last year said Decastro was the best guard prospect in a decade.

I didn't really care for Decastro last year. I felt like he was average against the pass and above average against the run. He doesn't have a great punch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: