Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Raider Watch Mock Draft (Apr.) V.8
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
Pretty good job. Wouldn't be too disappointed if it turned out like this. Only gripe would be the 5 back to back offensive players after the Richardson pick. Would like to see at least one of the 2nd/3rd round picks to be on defense - probably on a DB or two where there are a load that would come straight in and be upgrades on what we currently have.

I believe there will two runs in this draft. A run on OTs at the top of the 1st and a run on QBs at either the end of the 1st or top of the second. That's where the value is in the 2013 draft. Recently this week it has been learned that the Raiders will soon have a private workout with EJ Manuel. Yet another indication the Raiders are interested in QBs available in the second. The Raiders are not financially committed to the QB position after 2013. Should a rookie QB be forced into spot action I drafted with the goal of surrounding the QB with offensive weapons & pieces to cultivate success.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
macklemore wrote:
I love Sheldon Richardson, Christine Michael and Vance McDonald picks so props for that. I'm not a fan of the Tyler Bray pick in the second round. I don't think we need to draft a QB that high this year, An offensive or defensive lineman with that pick would have made this an A+ mock. Also, If you drafted a RT or OG in the second you could have gone Devin Taylor in the 4th.

I don't want Bray either. My intuition is that McKenzie doesn't want to be locked into drafting a QB in 2014 and in the 2nd the value will be there. The main folks who won't like this are Bridgewater or Pryor folks but I respect that.

Agree. Reggie knows as the QB goes, so goes the franchise.

I can see them adding a QB in this draft, but not that early. If they add additional picks on a trade, I could see a QB in the 3rd. If they can't find a trade partner, then it will be the 4th or 5th.

I didn't want to go Bray that early but working under the premise that there will be a run on QBs at the top of 2nd round I was forced to adjust to the flow of the draft. There will be some impressive options at CB at the top of the 2nd but position makes QB BPA at that point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: