Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Mock drafts!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young_gunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Dallas Mock drafts! Reply with quote

I don't know if there is a policy for individual drafts but here are mine.

2 separate mocks 1 with and 1 without a trade.

***1st Round – Jonathan Cyprien S Florida International – I think his versatility is the key to him rising. This may be considered a “reach”, but looks solid and Cowboys cant find a partner to trade down and with the 2 top Gs, Vaccaro and Richardson gone, Cyprien is our pick.
***2nd Round – (Trade) Larry Warford G Kentucky – Strong and nasty and a fills an immediate need. Cowboys see him available and trade up for a day 1 starter.
We trade our 2nd (47th) and 5th (151st) to Detroit for their 2nd (36)
***3rd Round – Stefon Taylor RB Stanford – Good, productive and a smart football player that fits the Garret type. Adds depth and a good pass catcher out of the backgfield.
***4th Round – Bennie Logan DT LSU - Might not play much this year, but could learn and develop into a decent Tackle and great back up at best.
***5th Round – TRADED
***6TH Round – Joe Kruger DE Utah Depth needed there

***1st Round – Jonathan Cyprien S Florida International –
***2nd Round – (Trade) Travis Frederick G Wisconsin – He has versatility to play G, but we draft him to be our starting C and say bye to Costa. Keep Cook because he can play G and C, not very well but versatile.
***3rd Round – Stefon Taylor RB Stanford
***4th Round – Bennie Logan DT LSU

***5th Round – Michael Williams TE Alabama – I see a lot of Bennett in him as a Blocker. Strong and physical and get to the 2nd level. Great size and could be threat in the Red-zone. Not the best athlete and did not put up great numbers at his Pro-day and struggled at the Senior bowl. But his game tape is what matters most!
This is one of my favorite prospects, don’t know why.
***6TH Round – Joe Kruger DE Utah
Baixis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dallas Mock drafts! Reply with quote

young_gunner wrote:

***1st Round – Jonathan Cyprien S Florida International – I think his versatility is the key to him rising. This may be considered a “reach”, but looks solid and Cowboys cant find a partner to trade down and with the 2 top Gs, Vaccaro and Richardson gone, Cyprien is our pick.
***2nd Round – (Trade) Larry Warford G Kentucky – Strong and nasty and a fills an immediate need. Cowboys see him available and trade up for a day 1 starter.
***3rd Round – Stefon Taylor RB Stanford – Good, productive and a smart football player that fits the Garret type. Adds depth and a good pass catcher out of the backgfield.
***4th Round – Bennie Logan DT LSU - Might not play much this year, but could learn and develop into a decent Tackle and great back up at best.
***5th Round – TRADED

***2nd Round – (Trade) Travis Frederick G Wisconsin – He has versatility to play G, but we draft him to be our starting C and say bye to Costa. Keep Cook because he can play G and C, not very well but versatile.

***5th Round – Michael Williams TE Alabama – I see a lot of Bennett in him as a Blocker. Strong and physical and get to the 2nd level. Great size and could be threat in the Red-zone. Not the best athlete and did not put up great numbers at his Pro-day and struggled at the Senior bowl. But his game tape is what matters most!

I like the players in the first mock, BUT we CANNOT trade away picks! We need everything we have. This is a deep draft in the 2nd-4th rds. If anything, we need to trade back once or twice and collect EXTRA picks. Our needs match up great with the depth of this draft - OL, DL, S, RB.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we would have gotten some sort of vibe about Cyprien by now if we were going to consider him with our first round pick. I don't think he's a strong contender at #18.

I don't know why we would trade up in the second round for Warford. It's a pretty good bet that between him, Pugh, Long, and Armstead, a pretty good guard prospect will be available where we are selecting.

Bennie Logan is a real talent, IMO. I don't think there is any way he falls to the fourrth round.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I feel like we would have gotten some sort of vibe about Cyprien by now if we were going to consider him with our first round pick. I don't think he's a strong contender at #18.

I don't know why we would trade up in the second round for Warford. It's a pretty good bet that between him, Pugh, Long, and Armstead, a pretty good guard prospect will be available where we are selecting.

Bennie Logan is a real talent, IMO. I don't think there is any way he falls to the fourrth round.

Bennie Logan is one of my pet cats. He's one of those guys who has the ability to grow into a position and be a longtime starter. Not a superstar, but a solid, plug-and-play guy.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Bennie Logan is one of my pet cats. He's one of those guys who has the ability to grow into a position and be a longtime starter. Not a superstar, but a solid, plug-and-play guy.

I see a lot of mocks giving him to us in the 3rd too.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Dallas Mock drafts! Reply with quote

young_gunner wrote:

***5th Round – TRADED

If we were to take Cyprien in the first, I believe we would have traded down at least once from #18. I also agree, with Armstead, Short, and Frederick all possibilites at #47, I don't see how we move up, unless someone like Cooper or Cyprien fell into the early 2nd.

I like Stepfan Taylor. He's a workhorse RB with good receiving skills. I disagree with most others that believe we need a homerun threat. Dez and Miles are enough homerun threat. A consistently healthy running game, would do wonders for Romo.

Love to get Logan in the 4th, although I don't believe he will be around.
ziggy19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade down with the 49ers and get their 1rst and 2nd rd pick.

Dallas 31 *Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
63 Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
82 *Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
116 David Quessenberry OT San Jose State
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ziggy19 wrote:

49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU

Sorry Ziggy, but this is the worst mock ever. Only ONE OL, and not until #116?!?! Logan at #153?! He SHOULD be long gone by then. WR in the 3rd?!?! No idea how you expect Romo to him the ball when he's constantly on his butt or running for his life.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
ziggy19 wrote:

49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU

Sorry Ziggy, but this is the worst mock ever. Only ONE OL, and not until #116?!?! Logan at #153?! He SHOULD be long gone by then. WR in the 3rd?!?! No idea how you expect Romo to him the ball when he's constantly on his butt or running for his life.

There's no guarantee that the Cowboys will pick a lineman in the first four rounds.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
ziggy19 wrote:

49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU

I really need people to get their heads out of the sand and realize that if your drafted late (especially on the line, either offense or defense) doesn't mean you suck. Quick name me the top 3 OGs in the NFL. And then list what round they were drafted.

While I have no problem with drafting one early - not drafting one early in such a deep draft isn't cause for stepping out onto the ledge.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
ziggy19 wrote:

49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU

I really need people to get their heads out of the sand and realize that if your drafted late (especially on the line, either offense or defense) doesn't mean you suck. Quick name me the top 3 OGs in the NFL. And then list what round they were drafted.

While I have no problem with drafting one early - not drafting one early in such a deep draft isn't cause for stepping out onto the ledge.

I agree. I want BPA, and that is what i expect us to do. We need depth everywhere and could use a player at any position. It stinks that it probably wont work out that BPA is o line at the first few picks. Just the way it works. I expect us to sign a FA or two after the draft for the o line, because odds are we come out of the draft with 2 o linemen at the most IMO. Garrett and company will take BPA. Everyone was screaming offensive line last year and we didnt draft a single one. Prepare yourself...

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
ziggy19 wrote:

49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU

I agree. I want BPA, and that is what i expect us to do. We need depth everywhere and could use a player at any position. It stinks that it probably wont work out that BPA is o line at the first few picks. Just the way it works. I expect us to sign a FA or two after the draft for the o line, because odds are we come out of the draft with 2 o linemen at the most IMO. Garrett and company will take BPA. Everyone was screaming offensive line last year and we didnt draft a single one. Prepare yourself...

I agree 100%. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a WR in the 2nd and RB in the 3rd if those are BPA. We will likely be able to take our pick from some extremely talented WRs in the 2nd and the same in the 3rd for RBs.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Baixis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
ziggy19 wrote:

49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU

Head out of the sand?! Like you actually KNOW better than anyone else?! I'm so sorry T_O, but one, I didn't say anything about an OG or having to draft one early, in THIS post - definitely didn't say anything about stepping out on a ledge either, and two, we need MULTIPLE OL, and we have proven - regardless of what YOU say, and what other teams have had success doing - that we SUCK at drafting OL in the mid-late rounds lately. That's why we are in this mess! So you can have all that BPA and I'll take the two best possible OL somewhere in the first 4 rds, thank you very much. That goes for the rest of you BPA guys too. BPA = OVERRATED!
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my prediction, as of now:

Trade the Jaguars our 1st for their 2nd and 3rd.
Trade the Seahawks our 5th and our 2014 4th for their 4th.
Trade the 49ers our 2014 6th for their 7th

2a. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
2b. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff
3a. Barrett Jones, C, Alabama
3b. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
4a. Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
4b. Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State
6. Stansly Maponga, DE, TCU
7. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Here's my prediction, as of now:

Trade the Jaguars our 1st for their 2nd and 3rd.
Trade the Seahawks our 5th and our 2014 4th for their 4th.
Trade the 49ers our 2014 6th for their 7th

2a. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
2b. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff
3a. Barrett Jones, C, Alabama
3b. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
4a. Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
4b. Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State
6. Stansly Maponga, DE, TCU
7. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

Bryan B. said the boys aren't interested in B. Jones at all. Quoted " on the ground too much".

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: