Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Candidate at #6: OLB Dion Jordan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Dawgsoldies argument presents a flaw in logic:

Q: If Jordan is passed over by his ex-head coach then at 4, why should he be worth being picked at 6?

A: In all circumstances where Dion Jordan is not their number one overall prospect, there is an opportunity for the Eagles to not select him at four, because a higher prospect on their board could be available.

If Dion Jordan is their highest overall rated prospect, its impossible for him to be on board for the Browns at six. So the only circumstance in which he would be worth the pick, is if hes already taken. Obviously this presents a flaw in logic.

They are transitioning to a 3-4, and those in favor of Jordan are saying he is the top 34 rush backer. IMO kelly passing on him at 3 is inditement of him

key of the sentence, in your opinion, their opinion may be that they are weaker at other positions in the 3-4 than OLB. I.E. If they take Star does not mean that they were not high on Jordan, they very well maybe comfortable with players they have on their roster right now at OLB and are terrified of who they have at DE

perhaps perhaps not. But that still doesn't negate the points in the article I posted.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Dawgsoldies argument presents a flaw in logic:

Q: If Jordan is passed over by his ex-head coach then at 4, why should he be worth being picked at 6?

A: In all circumstances where Dion Jordan is not their number one overall prospect, there is an opportunity for the Eagles to not select him at four, because a higher prospect on their board could be available.

If Dion Jordan is their highest overall rated prospect, its impossible for him to be on board for the Browns at six. So the only circumstance in which he would be worth the pick, is if hes already taken. Obviously this presents a flaw in logic.

They are transitioning to a 3-4, and those in favor of Jordan are saying he is the top 34 rush backer. IMO kelly passing on him at 3 is inditement of him

key of the sentence, in your opinion, their opinion may be that they are weaker at other positions in the 3-4 than OLB. I.E. If they take Star does not mean that they were not high on Jordan, they very well maybe comfortable with players they have on their roster right now at OLB and are terrified of who they have at DE

perhaps perhaps not. But that still doesn't negate the points in the article I posted.

The article you posted was rob ranges opinion as well, nothing he wrote is stated as a fact, he is a writer and not an infallible one
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22106481/barkley-drafted-in-the-first-round-but-not-lacy-among-five-bold-predictions

Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan is exposed as overrated

The 6-6, 245-pound Jordan might just be the most remarkable athlete on the 2013 draft but while he certainly possesses the upside to make scouts drool, general managers might wonder 1 why he wasn't more productive in a pass-happy Pac-12 conference. Savvy talent evaluators will point out that Jordan was just as likely to drop back into coverage as rush the passer. 2 Rather than actually make plays in coverage, however, Jordan simply took up space. He registered just two pass breakups over his career and never intercepted a pass. 3 He registered 7.5 sacks as a junior in his career-high campaign and just five a season ago. 4 Oregon coaches tout his toughness and dedication, yet he's struggled with durability throughout his career. Jordan's upside warrants early consideration, but he is far from the sure thing that his cut-ups have led some to believe.

That and if chip kelly doesn't want him why should the browns?

I count 4 little factual nuggets in there

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams just didn't throw his way. Every opposing QB knew where 96 was on the field when they played Oregon, as he was the only defender opposing OCs had to gameplan for. I find the lack of production indicative of great talent rather than the opposite.

Take the Stanford game for example. He lined up in covering the slot WR 4 times. Rushed the passer from the position once (and pressured the QB to scramble for a 4 yard gain on 3rd and forever). Pass was thrown to his man once (a bubble screen) for a 1 yard completion and a Jordan tackle.

http://draftbreakdown.com/dion-jordan-vs-stanford-2012

Rang pointed out things that GMs might wonder, but if he watched film like his fellow CBSSports.com writer Dane Brugler (who has consistently mocked & ranked him in the top 5), he could see the answers for his questions.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Jaguars are looking at "either" Oregon DE/LB Dion Jordan or the top offensive tackles at the No. 2 pick.
There is growing buzz about Jacksonville selecting a tackle at No. 2, though we tend to believe it may be a smokescreen in an effort to trade down. Jordan would be a fantastic pick for the Jags, upgrading the NFL's most sluggish pass rush while providing great range as a zone-dropping end or linebacker. Per Pauline, BYU's Ziggy Ansah would be a fallback target if the Jags trade down

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Horton is banging the table for Dion.

Brent Sobleski ‏@brentsobleski wrote:
Source: Browns' DC Horton made his case to Chudzinski for the #Browns to select Dion Jordan at No. 6.

Guess we'll see how much pull Horton has Thursday night.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

Source: Browns' DC Horton made his case to Chudzinski for the #Browns to select Dion Jordan at No. 6.

coaches aren't the best evaluaters of talent though....see mangini,eric for reference

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First draft since before Alex Mack that I haven't zeroed in on one player in the first...

Jordan and Mingo I like.

Milliner and Rhodes I like.

Hmmmm.... How will the browns screw this up? Laughing Confused Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
First draft since before Alex Mack that I haven't zeroed in on one player in the first...

Jordan and Mingo I like.

Milliner and Rhodes I like.

Hmmmm.... How will the browns screw this up? Laughing Confused Crying or Very sad

ansah?

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

coaches aren't the best evaluaters of talent though....see mangini,eric for reference

Ipso facto, you're smarter than Ray Horton. Got it.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Ipso facto, you're smarter than Ray Horton. Got it.
Didn't say that, just pointed out that coaches aren't usually very good talent evaluaters.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because Eric mangini sucks at life does not mean every coach does, Horton knows what he wants to do and what he wants in his defenders and what his defenders need to do to succeed in his defense.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Dion Jordan is the only safe pick at #6 left. That being said the Eagle get him with their pick.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Dion Jordan is the only safe pick at #6 left. That being said the Eagle get him with their pick.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I agree and that's also what I'm hearing. Milliner isn't in the picture. Ansah is too raw.

Jordan
Star
Floyd

OR

Trade down:
Mingo
Rhodes
Eifert

I could even see us trading further down to take Cyprien.

I'm pretty confident we will end up with several starters in this draft.

<3 JF
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to be the farm there would not be as much hate for Dion Jordan if I had not brought him up and talked so highly of him when he was still a mid round prospect.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: