Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Candidate at #6: OLB Dion Jordan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12370
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MaryKayCabot: #Browns Banner on Milliner and Jordan's torn labrum surgeries: "as long as the drs tell us they're fine it won't be a factor.''

_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't love him, but I like him more than anybody else in the draft at #6 other than Milliner. I feel like at the very least you get an elite coverage LB. D but I really have my doubts of him excelling in any other phases of the position. I thought he seemed to have a bad motor and was weak at the point of attack. That said he's my favorite OLB prospect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22106481/barkley-drafted-in-the-first-round-but-not-lacy-among-five-bold-predictions

Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan is exposed as overrated

The 6-6, 245-pound Jordan might just be the most remarkable athlete on the 2013 draft but while he certainly possesses the upside to make scouts drool, general managers might wonder why he wasn't more productive in a pass-happy Pac-12 conference. Savvy talent evaluators will point out that Jordan was just as likely to drop back into coverage as rush the passer. Rather than actually make plays in coverage, however, Jordan simply took up space. He registered just two pass breakups over his career and never intercepted a pass. He registered 7.5 sacks as a junior in his career-high campaign and just five a season ago. Oregon coaches tout his toughness and dedication, yet he's struggled with durability throughout his career. Jordan's upside warrants early consideration, but he is far from the sure thing that his cut-ups have led some to believe.



That and if chip kelly doesn't want him why should the browns?
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7950
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22106481/barkley-drafted-in-the-first-round-but-not-lacy-among-five-bold-predictions

Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan is exposed as overrated

The 6-6, 245-pound Jordan might just be the most remarkable athlete on the 2013 draft but while he certainly possesses the upside to make scouts drool, general managers might wonder why he wasn't more productive in a pass-happy Pac-12 conference. Savvy talent evaluators will point out that Jordan was just as likely to drop back into coverage as rush the passer. Rather than actually make plays in coverage, however, Jordan simply took up space. He registered just two pass breakups over his career and never intercepted a pass. He registered 7.5 sacks as a junior in his career-high campaign and just five a season ago. Oregon coaches tout his toughness and dedication, yet he's struggled with durability throughout his career. Jordan's upside warrants early consideration, but he is far from the sure thing that his cut-ups have led some to believe.



That and if chip kelly doesn't want him why should the browns?


How many months do you expect folks to have the same debate with you?

We get it.....you don't like Jordan.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22106481/barkley-drafted-in-the-first-round-but-not-lacy-among-five-bold-predictions

Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan is exposed as overrated

The 6-6, 245-pound Jordan might just be the most remarkable athlete on the 2013 draft but while he certainly possesses the upside to make scouts drool, general managers might wonder why he wasn't more productive in a pass-happy Pac-12 conference. Savvy talent evaluators will point out that Jordan was just as likely to drop back into coverage as rush the passer. Rather than actually make plays in coverage, however, Jordan simply took up space. He registered just two pass breakups over his career and never intercepted a pass. He registered 7.5 sacks as a junior in his career-high campaign and just five a season ago. Oregon coaches tout his toughness and dedication, yet he's struggled with durability throughout his career. Jordan's upside warrants early consideration, but he is far from the sure thing that his cut-ups have led some to believe.



That and if chip kelly doesn't want him why should the browns?


How many months do you expect folks to have the same debate with you?

We get it.....you don't like Jordan.
But for VALID reasons
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12370
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22106481/barkley-drafted-in-the-first-round-but-not-lacy-among-five-bold-predictions

Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan is exposed as overrated

The 6-6, 245-pound Jordan might just be the most remarkable athlete on the 2013 draft but while he certainly possesses the upside to make scouts drool, general managers might wonder why he wasn't more productive in a pass-happy Pac-12 conference. Savvy talent evaluators will point out that Jordan was just as likely to drop back into coverage as rush the passer. Rather than actually make plays in coverage, however, Jordan simply took up space. He registered just two pass breakups over his career and never intercepted a pass. He registered 7.5 sacks as a junior in his career-high campaign and just five a season ago. Oregon coaches tout his toughness and dedication, yet he's struggled with durability throughout his career. Jordan's upside warrants early consideration, but he is far from the sure thing that his cut-ups have led some to believe.



That and if chip kelly doesn't want him why should the browns?


How many months do you expect folks to have the same debate with you?

We get it.....you don't like Jordan.
But for VALID reasons


so you say
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7950
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22106481/barkley-drafted-in-the-first-round-but-not-lacy-among-five-bold-predictions

Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan is exposed as overrated

The 6-6, 245-pound Jordan might just be the most remarkable athlete on the 2013 draft but while he certainly possesses the upside to make scouts drool, general managers might wonder why he wasn't more productive in a pass-happy Pac-12 conference. Savvy talent evaluators will point out that Jordan was just as likely to drop back into coverage as rush the passer. Rather than actually make plays in coverage, however, Jordan simply took up space. He registered just two pass breakups over his career and never intercepted a pass. He registered 7.5 sacks as a junior in his career-high campaign and just five a season ago. Oregon coaches tout his toughness and dedication, yet he's struggled with durability throughout his career. Jordan's upside warrants early consideration, but he is far from the sure thing that his cut-ups have led some to believe.



That and if chip kelly doesn't want him why should the browns?


How many months do you expect folks to have the same debate with you?

We get it.....you don't like Jordan.
But for VALID reasons


Uh huh. We get it.

Just like you had valid reasons last season to not like RGIII. Check that, hate the idea of drafting RGIII. Check that, compare RGIII to a more athletic Josh Cribbs. You had "VALID" reasons then too.

Opinions and "valid reasons" aren't the same thing.

We get it dude. I love the intensity, but your one trick pony is a tired act by now. Your view is known, well done.

Moving along....
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22106481/barkley-drafted-in-the-first-round-but-not-lacy-among-five-bold-predictions

Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan is exposed as overrated

The 6-6, 245-pound Jordan might just be the most remarkable athlete on the 2013 draft but while he certainly possesses the upside to make scouts drool, general managers might wonder why he wasn't more productive in a pass-happy Pac-12 conference. Savvy talent evaluators will point out that Jordan was just as likely to drop back into coverage as rush the passer. Rather than actually make plays in coverage, however, Jordan simply took up space. He registered just two pass breakups over his career and never intercepted a pass. He registered 7.5 sacks as a junior in his career-high campaign and just five a season ago. Oregon coaches tout his toughness and dedication, yet he's struggled with durability throughout his career. Jordan's upside warrants early consideration, but he is far from the sure thing that his cut-ups have led some to believe.



That and if chip kelly doesn't want him why should the browns?


How many months do you expect folks to have the same debate with you?

We get it.....you don't like Jordan.
But for VALID reasons


Uh huh. We get it.

Just like you had valid reasons last season to not like RGIII. Check that, hate the idea of drafting RGIII. Check that, compare RGIII to a more athletic Josh Cribbs. You had "VALID" reasons then too.

Opinions and "valid reasons" aren't the same thing.

We get it dude. I love the intensity, but your one trick pony is a tired act by now. Your view is known, well done.

Moving along....
Yeah one my main reasons was I didn't like RG3's durability and didn't think he would make i thru the season. Imagine that and he gets knocked out of a game by the ravens no less too.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7950
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22106481/barkley-drafted-in-the-first-round-but-not-lacy-among-five-bold-predictions

Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan is exposed as overrated

The 6-6, 245-pound Jordan might just be the most remarkable athlete on the 2013 draft but while he certainly possesses the upside to make scouts drool, general managers might wonder why he wasn't more productive in a pass-happy Pac-12 conference. Savvy talent evaluators will point out that Jordan was just as likely to drop back into coverage as rush the passer. Rather than actually make plays in coverage, however, Jordan simply took up space. He registered just two pass breakups over his career and never intercepted a pass. He registered 7.5 sacks as a junior in his career-high campaign and just five a season ago. Oregon coaches tout his toughness and dedication, yet he's struggled with durability throughout his career. Jordan's upside warrants early consideration, but he is far from the sure thing that his cut-ups have led some to believe.



That and if chip kelly doesn't want him why should the browns?


How many months do you expect folks to have the same debate with you?

We get it.....you don't like Jordan.
But for VALID reasons


Uh huh. We get it.

Just like you had valid reasons last season to not like RGIII. Check that, hate the idea of drafting RGIII. Check that, compare RGIII to a more athletic Josh Cribbs. You had "VALID" reasons then too.

Opinions and "valid reasons" aren't the same thing.

We get it dude. I love the intensity, but your one trick pony is a tired act by now. Your view is known, well done.

Moving along....
Yeah one my main reasons was I didn't like RG3's durability and didn't think he would make i thru the season. Imagine that and he gets knocked out of a game by the ravens no less too.


Yes, he missed one game while putting together a season that consisted of 20td/5int , 3200 yards with a qb rating of 102.4, which is the highest ever for a rookie. Add to that 800 yards and 7 tds on the ground while becoming the ROTY and a Pro Bowler.

Of course the guy did miss ONE game his rookie year, so, yeah, you were right dude, complete bust and waste of a pick.

Anyway, back to Jordan. You've been banging the same drum for 4 months now at least. We get it. No one is even debating your point of view anymore as it's waste of time. I'm only trying to tell you your posts are beyond redundant.

If you don't care or don't care to acknowledge that, cool man.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough I just posted what rob rang said about jordon
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why DawgSoldier is being attacked attack here instead of the article that he is citing to support his opinion.

We all have differing opinions on players. Not a big deal....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6379
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgsoldies argument presents a flaw in logic:

Q: If Jordan is passed over by his ex-head coach then at 4, why should he be worth being picked at 6?

A: In all circumstances where Dion Jordan is not their number one overall prospect, there is an opportunity for the Eagles to not select him at four, because a higher prospect on their board could be available.

If Dion Jordan is their highest overall rated prospect, its impossible for him to be on board for the Browns at six. So the only circumstance in which he would be worth the pick, is if hes already taken. Obviously this presents a flaw in logic.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12370
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from things I have read it looks Like JAX is really high on Jordan and he could be there guy with the looks of Joeckle going to KC
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Dawgsoldies argument presents a flaw in logic:

Q: If Jordan is passed over by his ex-head coach then at 4, why should he be worth being picked at 6?

A: In all circumstances where Dion Jordan is not their number one overall prospect, there is an opportunity for the Eagles to not select him at four, because a higher prospect on their board could be available.

If Dion Jordan is their highest overall rated prospect, its impossible for him to be on board for the Browns at six. So the only circumstance in which he would be worth the pick, is if hes already taken. Obviously this presents a flaw in logic.


They are transitioning to a 3-4, and those in favor of Jordan are saying he is the top 34 rush backer. IMO kelly passing on him at 3 is inditement of him
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12370
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Dawgsoldies argument presents a flaw in logic:

Q: If Jordan is passed over by his ex-head coach then at 4, why should he be worth being picked at 6?

A: In all circumstances where Dion Jordan is not their number one overall prospect, there is an opportunity for the Eagles to not select him at four, because a higher prospect on their board could be available.

If Dion Jordan is their highest overall rated prospect, its impossible for him to be on board for the Browns at six. So the only circumstance in which he would be worth the pick, is if hes already taken. Obviously this presents a flaw in logic.


They are transitioning to a 3-4, and those in favor of Jordan are saying he is the top 34 rush backer. IMO kelly passing on him at 3 is inditement of him


key of the sentence, in your opinion, their opinion may be that they are weaker at other positions in the 3-4 than OLB. I.E. If they take Star does not mean that they were not high on Jordan, they very well maybe comfortable with players they have on their roster right now at OLB and are terrified of who they have at DE
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group