Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

B albert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDaddyGtr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: B albert Reply with quote

KC wants a 2 nd for him, he's young enough so what about offering them our 3rd and 5 th next year for him and see if KC bites, cut free, and move him to RT where KC thinks he's better anyway. Then we are in a much more versatile position for the draft?

Last edited by BigDaddyGtr on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: B albert Reply with quote

BigDaddyGtr wrote:
KC wants a 2 nd for him, he's young enough so what about offering them our 3rd and 5 th next year for him and see if KC bites, cut free, and move him to RG where KC thinks he's better anyway. Then we are in a much more versatile position for the draft?

Albert wants LT money and doesn't want to switch positions. He's not somebody I would want to give up a 2nd round pick for.

^^^Deadpulse
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: B albert Reply with quote

BigDaddyGtr wrote:
KC wants a 2 nd for him, he's young enough so what about offering them our 3rd and 5 th next year for him and see if KC bites, cut free, and move him to RT where KC thinks he's better anyway. Then we are in a much more versatile position for the draft?

It's unlikely he'd be willing to do that. As Des said, he's looking for LT money and won't play RT. It really isn't feasible to pull off. We don't have the cap space, and I don't think the team is willing to move Tyron Smith back to RT.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Baixis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: B albert Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
BigDaddyGtr wrote:

It's unlikely he'd be willing to do that. As Des said, he's looking for LT money and won't play RT. It really isn't feasible to pull off. We don't have the cap space, and I don't think the team is willing to move Tyron Smith back to RT.

Exactly! Miami would probably be stupid not to jump on this! Or SD!!! Rather than trade up to #6, SD should fork over their #2. Perfect fit!
Baixis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: B albert Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
BigDaddyGtr wrote:

Exactly! Miami would probably be stupid not to jump on this! Or SD!!! Rather than trade up to #6, SD should fork over their #2. Perfect fit!

Then again, we do need a RT - Smith played that in college and his rookie year. We could potentially sign Albert to a 4-5 deal, and after his deal is done, let him walk, and THEN move Smith back over to RT. We have Smith cheap enough that this would be possible. I don't think there's a better FA option, and the only options in the draft that MIGHT be better would be Watson and Armstead - strictly thinking about potential with those two.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: B albert Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
Baixis wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
BigDaddyGtr wrote:

Then again, we do need a RT - Smith played that in college and his rookie year. We could potentially sign Albert to a 4-5 deal, and after his deal is done, let him walk, and THEN move Smith back over to RT. We have Smith cheap enough that this would be possible. I don't think there's a better FA option, and the only options in the draft that MIGHT be better would be Watson and Armstead - strictly thinking about potential with those two.

Why would we move Tyron back to RT. He has the chance to grow into one of the very best LT'S in football imo. Remember he is still younger than most rookies coming out in this yr's draft class.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Baixis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: B albert Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
Baixis wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
BigDaddyGtr wrote:

Why would we move Tyron back to RT. He has the chance to grow into one of the very best LT'S in football imo. Remember he is still younger than most rookies coming out in this yr's draft class.

Because him and Albert as bookends might be better than any other combination possible. I think Smith would be better at LT personally, but our OL as a whole - which is the main goal - might be better in this scenario. I'm not as concerned with an All Pro LT who plays with a bunch of scrubs as I am with a top-10, top-5 OL-UNIT.
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL teams only have so many assets between their draft picks and cap space, so to blow a premium draft pick and a lot of money on a position other than quarterback is always a questionable proposition. Consider that Dallas doesn't really have any cap space nor do they need a left tackle and it's not worth pursuing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
NFL teams only have so many assets between their draft picks and cap space, so to blow a premium draft pick and a lot of money on a position other than quarterback is always a questionable proposition. Consider that Dallas doesn't really have any cap space nor do they need a left tackle and it's not worth pursuing.

I love how this is the only post that mentions we can't afford Albert given the lack of cap space we'll have even after we dump Free. Love how everyone else just skips over that part like clueless morons. Really indicative of the level of intelligence in this forum.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want anything to do with Albert. I can't stand players like him. Oh I'm too good to play RT I'm just a LT. Hey jackrabbit, you will play in the spot that will most help the TEAM. Who cares if its left or right. I think him acting like that may stop some teams like ours for instance for even considering trading for him and giving him a solid contract. Besides all this I would rather draft someone like Kyle Long in the 2nd than trade it for him.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Baixis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyschill wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

I love how this is the only post that mentions we can't afford Albert given the lack of cap space we'll have even after we dump Free. Love how everyone else just skips over that part like clueless morons. Really indicative of the level of intelligence in this forum.

Are you kidding me?! Have you lost your mind?! Just because people don't mention EVERY aspect of something, you're gonna come in here with that kind of attitude and calling people clueless morons, and question the intelligence level of the entire forum?!?! Dude, you should be glad I'm not a Mod, cause I would kick your sorry arse to the curb!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyschill wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

Worthless post, but please allow an intelligent man to ruin your point. The cap savings which would be created by cutting Free wouldn't hit the cap until after his 1 June release. Meaning, we wouldn't be able to trade for Albert until after that date because we'd be trading for the remaining balance of Albert's current contract. If that amount exceeds the amount we have left on the cap, we can't make the trade. The only way we'd be in a position to open up more cap space would be to sign Spencer to a long term extension to lower his cap number and then make a trade. Otherwise, we can't do squat.

You're welcome.

Northland wrote:
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If for some reason he(Spencer) is demanding to much money, and a good DE prospect falls to us in the draft, I do not think it all out of the realm of possibility that we could trade Spencer to KC for Albert. I mean if we cannot afford Spencer but for a year, we might as well see if someone else wants to be a Cowboy. I hope that JJ and JG might look at the above scenario, but also a Spencer for Jarius Byrd. Either of the 2 franchise players is a position of need for us and if DE was to fall in our laps we could trade Spencer and still shore up o-line and/or safety. Money would be better with either trade for any of the maroons worried about that. Just a joke about the maroon.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
If for some reason he(Spencer) is demanding to much money, and a good DE prospect falls to us in the draft, I do not think it all out of the realm of possibility that we could trade Spencer to KC for Albert. I mean if we cannot afford Spencer but for a year, we might as well see if someone else wants to be a Cowboy. I hope that JJ and JG might look at the above scenario, but also a Spencer for Jarius Byrd. Either of the 2 franchise players is a position of need for us and if DE was to fall in our laps we could trade Spencer and still shore up o-line and/or safety. Money would be better with either trade for any of the maroons worried about that. Just a joke about the maroon.

Now that's a trade I'd consider making. But, would KC? Do they want to trade for a 29 year old player coming off of a great contract year? Where will he fit in their defense considering they already have Johnson and Hali?

Many issues would need to be addressed, but it would be worth consideration if either a DE or an OLB like Jarvis Jones fell to us. Remember, we have a nice RDE prospect in Crawford, who is a much better fit as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 anything, so OLB may become the bigger need should we trade Spencer.

Northland wrote:
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
cowboyfanin2890 wrote:

Now that's a trade I'd consider making. But, would KC? Do they want to trade for a 29 year old player coming off of a great contract year? Where will he fit in their defense considering they already have Johnson and Hali?

Many issues would need to be addressed, but it would be worth consideration if either a DE or an OLB like Jarvis Jones fell to us. Remember, we have a nice RDE prospect in Crawford, who is a much better fit as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 anything, so OLB may become the bigger need should we trade Spencer.

I can't see KC trading for Spencer, when they already have Hali and Justin Houston.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: