Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals - Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Bengals - Draft Reply with quote

Peter King said that the Bengals at 21 like LB Alec Ogletree, RB Eddie Lacy and CB D.J. Hayden. How would you feel if the Bengals picked one of them at 21?

http://m.si.com/2786837/things-i-think-i-know-about-a-draft-thats-hard-to-predict/
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only one i would consider there is Ogletree. RB is too deep to go Lacy and in no way is Hayden worth pick 21.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals are taking Ogletree (out of those 3 options). I would be beyond shocked if we took a CB (CB that will play Safety is the only exception).

Lacy isn't going to be selected either in the first.

I say OL (Tackle or Guard), LB or Safety will be the pick in the 1st round (unless we trade down)...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Bengals are taking Ogletree (out of those 3 options). I would be beyond shocked if we took a CB (CB that will play Safety is the only exception).

I say OL (Tackle or Guard), LB or Safety will be the pick in the 1st round (unless we trade down)...

I can still see WR in round one if they thhnk the value is there. If they think Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins are top 10 players.... I think they pronounce their Mo Sanu love a little too much.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I can still see WR in round one if they thhnk the value is there. If they think Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins are top 10 players.... I think they pronounce their Mo Sanu love a little too much.

I probably have been as well, lol.

I agree though, I could see Tavon Austin or Keenan Allen getting selected if either fall. I'd rather use the pick elsewhere but no denying how good those two players are...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
frankbuncom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more they drag their feet on getting together with Andre Smith, the more I think they want to wait and see if Fluker's available before they give big money to Smith. Which is basically OK with me...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I probably have been as well, lol.

I agree though, I could see Tavon Austin or Keenan Allen getting selected if either fall. I'd rather use the pick elsewhere but no denying how good those two players are...

I am honestly ok with our WR's. I think Sanu is really good, he just needs to stay healthy. I hope to see us use Gresham/Charles in the passing game more too.

I would prefer Arthur Brown over Ogletree and Vaccaro at S. I would prefer wait until 37 to get any safety other than Kenny. I dont want a T that early but if a G like Warmack or Cooper is there I would heavily consider that.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate all of those guys at 21, but if I had to take one, Ogletree is the obvious choice.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those 3, i'd go Lacy, Hayden then Ogletree. Man i really don't like Ogletree. But if anyone can whip him into shape, its Zimmer. Hayden is one of my man crushes and i was so pumped to hear Zim was interested. Fits the mold of a Bengals corner. Big, physical, loves contact, and plays the ball in the air well.

It's so hard to guess who we might take. BPA all the way.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
ark23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Out of those 3, i'd go Lacy, Hayden then Ogletree. Man i really don't like Ogletree. But if anyone can whip him into shape, its Zimmer. Hayden is one of my man crushes and i was so pumped to hear Zim was interested. Fits the mold of a Bengals corner. Big, physical, loves contact, and plays the ball in the air well.

It's so hard to guess who we might take. BPA all the way.

I really like Hayden but I think the injury is still a concern. Doesn't have really long arms or great size but he does have quick feet, physical playing style and he really competes when the ball is in the air. Takes some inconsistent angles to ball carriers in space but you have to love his ability to transition quickly, natural instincts and ability to finish plays.

With that said I'd strongly dislike the pick. Doesn't feel like a Bengals pick either. We really don't have any need at CB, in fact it might be the best set position on our roster which is why it confuses me when I consistently see Trufant mocked to us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: