Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals - Draft

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ramsfan22


Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 328
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Bengals - Draft Reply with quote

Peter King said that the Bengals at 21 like LB Alec Ogletree, RB Eddie Lacy and CB D.J. Hayden. How would you feel if the Bengals picked one of them at 21?


http://m.si.com/2786837/things-i-think-i-know-about-a-draft-thats-hard-to-predict/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23219
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only one i would consider there is Ogletree. RB is too deep to go Lacy and in no way is Hayden worth pick 21.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16017
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals are taking Ogletree (out of those 3 options). I would be beyond shocked if we took a CB (CB that will play Safety is the only exception).

Lacy isn't going to be selected either in the first.

I say OL (Tackle or Guard), LB or Safety will be the pick in the 1st round (unless we trade down)...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15595
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Bengals are taking Ogletree (out of those 3 options). I would be beyond shocked if we took a CB (CB that will play Safety is the only exception).

Lacy isn't going to be selected either in the first.

I say OL (Tackle or Guard), LB or Safety will be the pick in the 1st round (unless we trade down)...


I can still see WR in round one if they thhnk the value is there. If they think Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins are top 10 players.... I think they pronounce their Mo Sanu love a little too much.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16017
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Bengals are taking Ogletree (out of those 3 options). I would be beyond shocked if we took a CB (CB that will play Safety is the only exception).

Lacy isn't going to be selected either in the first.

I say OL (Tackle or Guard), LB or Safety will be the pick in the 1st round (unless we trade down)...


I can still see WR in round one if they thhnk the value is there. If they think Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins are top 10 players.... I think they pronounce their Mo Sanu love a little too much.


I probably have been as well, lol.

I agree though, I could see Tavon Austin or Keenan Allen getting selected if either fall. I'd rather use the pick elsewhere but no denying how good those two players are...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frankbuncom


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 302
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more they drag their feet on getting together with Andre Smith, the more I think they want to wait and see if Fluker's available before they give big money to Smith. Which is basically OK with me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23219
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Bengals are taking Ogletree (out of those 3 options). I would be beyond shocked if we took a CB (CB that will play Safety is the only exception).

Lacy isn't going to be selected either in the first.

I say OL (Tackle or Guard), LB or Safety will be the pick in the 1st round (unless we trade down)...


I can still see WR in round one if they thhnk the value is there. If they think Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins are top 10 players.... I think they pronounce their Mo Sanu love a little too much.


I probably have been as well, lol.

I agree though, I could see Tavon Austin or Keenan Allen getting selected if either fall. I'd rather use the pick elsewhere but no denying how good those two players are...


I am honestly ok with our WR's. I think Sanu is really good, he just needs to stay healthy. I hope to see us use Gresham/Charles in the passing game more too.

I would prefer Arthur Brown over Ogletree and Vaccaro at S. I would prefer wait until 37 to get any safety other than Kenny. I dont want a T that early but if a G like Warmack or Cooper is there I would heavily consider that.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hokie


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 714
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate all of those guys at 21, but if I had to take one, Ogletree is the obvious choice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those 3, i'd go Lacy, Hayden then Ogletree. Man i really don't like Ogletree. But if anyone can whip him into shape, its Zimmer. Hayden is one of my man crushes and i was so pumped to hear Zim was interested. Fits the mold of a Bengals corner. Big, physical, loves contact, and plays the ball in the air well.

It's so hard to guess who we might take. BPA all the way.
_________________
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1513
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Out of those 3, i'd go Lacy, Hayden then Ogletree. Man i really don't like Ogletree. But if anyone can whip him into shape, its Zimmer. Hayden is one of my man crushes and i was so pumped to hear Zim was interested. Fits the mold of a Bengals corner. Big, physical, loves contact, and plays the ball in the air well.

It's so hard to guess who we might take. BPA all the way.

I really like Hayden but I think the injury is still a concern. Doesn't have really long arms or great size but he does have quick feet, physical playing style and he really competes when the ball is in the air. Takes some inconsistent angles to ball carriers in space but you have to love his ability to transition quickly, natural instincts and ability to finish plays.

With that said I'd strongly dislike the pick. Doesn't feel like a Bengals pick either. We really don't have any need at CB, in fact it might be the best set position on our roster which is why it confuses me when I consistently see Trufant mocked to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group