Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders trying to trade down in the NFL draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
The only valuable prospects to trade for are LTs. Detroit, Arizona, Philly, SD, Miami, NO all rumored to want a LT.

Of those, Miami has the tools to trade. The rest are unlikely to blow up their for any player in this class. Miami would be most likely, but why not just trade a 2nd for Albert and save the rest of your class?

Just don't see a trade down being available. But stranger things have happened.
Because Albert will cost alot more.

Um..... no.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/chiefs-willing-to-trade-branden-albert-for-a-high-second-round-pick/

Quote:
Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

So let's see. I can give up multiple picks for a crapshoot draft pick or a 2nd for a top LT in the NFL currently.
Im talking in terms of what MIA would have to pay Albert.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
The only valuable prospects to trade for are LTs. Detroit, Arizona, Philly, SD, Miami, NO all rumored to want a LT.

Of those, Miami has the tools to trade. The rest are unlikely to blow up their for any player in this class. Miami would be most likely, but why not just trade a 2nd for Albert and save the rest of your class?

Just don't see a trade down being available. But stranger things have happened.
Because Albert will cost alot more.

Um..... no.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/chiefs-willing-to-trade-branden-albert-for-a-high-second-round-pick/

Quote:
Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

So let's see. I can give up multiple picks for a crapshoot draft pick or a 2nd for a top LT in the NFL currently.
Im talking in terms of what MIA would have to pay Albert.

After their FA spree, something tells me they are not concerned w/ the finical details.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:

i think he meant hell cost more, because Albert will also be looking for an extension...also, i think all 3 LT's will be better than BA...

This. They'd have to sign him to a new expensive contract on top of their first round pick's contract. That'd be more than 30M to guarantee to 2 players.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIA is moving up just a question of where to.
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Miami doing it, they've been aggressive since FA started so a trade up fits there needs in addressing the LT and also a trade up seems to fit in with the way they've done things this off-season. What about a guy like Milliner? Say for example, tampa doesn't land revis... they are willing to trade a 1st away... for the highest paid CB in the NFL, coming off an ACl surgery, knowing that the Jets have absolutely ZERO leverage b/c they can't afford to resign him and he's gonna walk as a FA next off-season anyways... though at least Tampa is getting a great player, this makes about as much sense as our trade for Palmer. Point being, they REALLy want a CB and it appears as though they are willing to over pay for one... wouldn't be shocked to see Tampa make a move up for Milliner provided a revis deal doesn't get made.

Opinions?
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a grimy move but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to try and bid the price of Revis up while spreading rumors that we are very interested in Milliner...
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:

Exactly. We have been talking abou this for weeks. SMH. Confused

But wildfire strikes again. LOL!!! Laughing

Raider X hooked me with the sig
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Exactly. We have been talking abou this for weeks. SMH. Confused

But wildfire strikes again. LOL!!! Laughing

We've been speculating about it for weeks. Now Peter King is reporting it. It's a bit different.
early43

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Would love it to happen, but it's a long shot. Just not enough value in the top 5 for a team to mortgage their future on any one player in this class.

Im assuming the player being targeted in a trade up would be for Fisher and isn't Fisher a top 5 talent in most drafts? Just because this is a weak draft, doesn't diminish his value does it?

Miami would be settling for Albert IMO, and everyone knows what you're getting with him. A sometimes solid, mostly average LT, who wants to get paid. That's not someone I want protecting my young, developing QB.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
Kind of a grimy move but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to try and bid the price of Revis up while spreading rumors that we are very interested in Milliner...

I don't think anyone will trade up with us for Milliner. The LTs make sense, because the top three guys are way better than anyone else. A CB-needy team, however, doesnt need to trade up for Milliner because they could stay put and get Rhodes or Trufant, who are not far behind.

I just think that keeping all your picks and getting Rhodes or Trufant is better than giving up picks and getting Milliner.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:

Exactly. We have been talking abou this for weeks. SMH. :?

But wildfire strikes again. LOL!!! :lol:

Thanks for the valuable insight bud.... do you do anything other than troll?
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

I don't think anyone will trade up with us for Milliner. The LTs make sense, because the top three guys are way better than anyone else. A CB-needy team, however, doesnt need to trade up for Milliner because they could stay put and get Rhodes or Trufant, who are not far behind.

I just think that keeping all your picks and getting Rhodes or Trufant is better than giving up picks and getting Milliner.

Agree about rhodes, actually like him a bit better than Milliner. IMO milliner and rhodes are interchangeable... if i was after a CB i'd be content with either... after those 2 imo it drops off a bit, think trufant is a bit overrated.

Not sure what the consensus on Milliner is, my logic is just that he's the only guy that has been consistently ranked #1 at his position from what seems like the start of the college season. Virtually every other position especially defensively, it seems is ranked differently nearly every week. Leads me to believe that although i don't see a huge difference between milliner and rhodes, maybe some GM's do as no one, including rhodes has jumped ahead of him.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Would love it to happen, but it's a long shot. Just not enough value in the top 5 for a team to mortgage their future on any one player in this class.

Im assuming the player being targeted in a trade up would be for Fisher and isn't Fisher a top 5 talent in most drafts? Just because this is a weak draft, doesn't diminish his value does it?

Miami would be settling for Albert IMO, and everyone knows what you're getting with him. A sometimes solid, mostly average LT, who wants to get paid. That's not someone I want protecting my young, developing QB.

No. Imo, the fact that this is a weak draft increases Fisher's value as he is considered one of the transcendent talents of the draft but it does decrease the value of later round picks. This is why I believe Miami will have no problem packaging 2013 picks together to get the guy they want as opposed to future picks in a deeper draft. What are a bunch of what would be 3rd rounders in 2014 drafted in the 2nd in 2013 going to do for the Dolphins?
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

No. Imo, the fact that this is a weak draft increases Fisher's value as he is considered one of the transcendent talents of the draft but it does decrease the value of later round picks. This is why I believe Miami will have no problem packaging 2013 picks together to get the guy they want as opposed to future picks in a deeper draft. What are a bunch of what would be 3rd rounders in 2014 drafted in the 2nd in 2013 going to do for the Dolphins?

I hope this is the thinking of Miami. Because the first round might lack premiere talent the middle rounds don't. The 3rd to 5th range of this draft is loaded and there is going to be some great picks falling to the 6th as well. I would love to acquire a ton of picks in that 3rd-5th range and skip the 2nd all together.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

Agree about rhodes, actually like him a bit better than Milliner. IMO milliner and rhodes are interchangeable... if i was after a CB i'd be content with either... after those 2 imo it drops off a bit, think trufant is a bit overrated.

Not sure what the consensus on Milliner is, my logic is just that he's the only guy that has been consistently ranked #1 at his position from what seems like the start of the college season. Virtually every other position especially defensively, it seems is ranked differently nearly every week. Leads me to believe that although i don't see a huge difference between milliner and rhodes, maybe some GM's do as no one, including rhodes has jumped ahead of him.

That is a good point. When the season began, guys like Barkley, Warmack, Star, Mingo, Jones and Te'o were at the top of the list for their positions. Now Geno is the top QB, some experts like Cooper as the best G, Star has fallen in favor of Floyd, Mingo never lived up to the hype and has been supplanted by Werner and Ansah, and Te'o has dropped like a brick. All the while, Milliner has remained atop the CB list all year.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: