Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tier Zero: Black Flagged Players
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhoosier1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you list Montgomery as a black flag for character concerns compared to Ogletree who got a DUI??? Montgomery simply admitted a fault, and was misconstrued.you obviously dont watch football or the SEC where real college football is played.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhoosier1 wrote:
how do you list Montgomery as a black flag for character concerns compared to Ogletree who got a DUI??? Montgomery simply admitted a fault, and was misconstrued.you obviously dont watch football or the SEC where real college football is played.

Did you read the whole article about Montgomery or what, those were some pretty awful statements he made

PSN: ShiiNyIV
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
justo wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
I think Ogletree should be black flagged more than Mathieu.
Hasn't Ogletree had a history of DUI arrest amongst other things? Mathieu was truly addicted to pot and I believe he has gotten better.
Not just an addict, also a dealer, who was caught dealing a few months back.
This. Why can Mathieu be cured from "pot addiction" and drug dealing, but Ogletree couldn't have learned from his lesson?

As contrite and (seemingly) honest that Matthieu seems to have been so far, I am still tremendously uncomfortable about giving him a pile of money and leaving him alone in the offseason.

PFA grade, IMO.
Yooper Kuj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhoosier1 wrote:

Having a significant amount of foolish and stupid decisions behind me, I applied experience filters and published the unscientific results.

The OP is a fail, outside of health concerns, there are not likely to be any Black Flagged players. As stated earlier, these guys survive on the Big Board, they just fall like stones.

Likely, any healthy player with draftable talent is a free agent consideration, regardless of flaws.

Any other major spinal issues known out there?
Everyone is born one and those who aren't now, have detached themselves from the natural order of the universe
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think whoever the two guys who trashed the hotel room at the combine are (we don't know, but teams do) are probably undraftable. One of them was supposedly a first round prospect.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I think whoever the two guys who trashed the hotel room at the combine are (we don't know, but teams do) are probably undraftable. One of them was supposedly a first round prospect.

Over-reaction of the year...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

I would say it isn't that far off. I can't imagine any teams front office or owner being overly impressed with someone trashing a hotel room. And to do it at the combine of all places. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving someone who would do something like that a bunch of money.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

If I fly you in for a job interview, and put you up on a hotel on my dime, and you trash the hotel room, and are not extremely conciliatory about it, I am not hiring you no matter how qualified you are.

I mean, if he trashed a hotel room and paid for it himself, that's one thing, but he trashed a hotel room that somebody else was paying for, during a job interview.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
justo wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
Hasn't Ogletree had a history of DUI arrest amongst other things? Mathieu was truly addicted to pot and I believe he has gotten better.
Not just an addict, also a dealer, who was caught dealing a few months back.
This. Why can Mathieu be cured from "pot addiction" and drug dealing, but Ogletree couldn't have learned from his lesson?

As contrite and (seemingly) honest that Matthieu seems to have been so far, I am still tremendously uncomfortable about giving him a pile of money and leaving him alone in the offseason.

PFA grade, IMO.
Let's not forget he was pushing with Jefferson, while Jefferson was playing up in Canada. Doesn't even have to be the off-season. Could be in season like that.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

If I fly you in for a job interview, and put you up on a hotel on my dime, and you trash the hotel room, and are not extremely conciliatory about it, I am not hiring you no matter how qualified you are.

I mean, if he trashed a hotel room and paid for it himself, that's one thing, but he trashed a hotel room that somebody else was paying for, during a job interview.

Yeah...it doesn't work that way in the NFL. If you have a spelling error in your resume, you won't get the job either. The NFL is a different animal. You are talking about the top .1 of athletes in the world, so to drop one off your list it's going to take an actual flaw. Millions of people have messed up hotel rooms, maybe he had a great workout and went out and celebrated on the town that night and had people over.

It's not an indication of a character flaw unless there were things found in the room that would obviously suggest so. You are over-reacting here by a long shot. It show immaturity sure, but I hate when people call the NFL combine a job interview, these are all people that already got the "job" they're just showing their skills are worth "x" amount of dollars as a starting salary.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhoosier1 wrote:

Youuuuu mustnotbefromwisconsin.

I agree though. The DUI is worse. But I also think that it was obvious to scouts before he said that. Can't hide from the tape.

I don't see how anyone can take a guy off their board for medical reasons when they haven't had their doctor look at the player:
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
justo wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:

Marijuana is not an addictive drug. He admitted that he stopped counting at 10 failed drug tests. Are you sure he truly gets it? Ogeltree not only had the DUI and drug test issues, he is also a thief. I wouldn't touch either of them.
mightybk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacnwpackfan wrote:

Marijuana is not an addictive drug.

Seriously?

Anyway, if he's contrite about getting clean, I'd take a flyer on him
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

Absolutely. If one of the was in fact a 1st round talent, they may very well slide but a 1st round talent does not slide all the way out of the draft because a hotel room got trashed.

Kempes on the custom sig!
justo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightybk wrote:
pacnwpackfan wrote:

Marijuana is not an addictive drug.

Seriously?

Anyway, if he's contrite about getting clean, I'd take a flyer on him
Mental addiction could be anything, but there is no physical addition to it. Moving on..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: