Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats trade RB Jeff Demps to Bucs for RB Blount; Takes paycut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyJ1134 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
No one is going to trade anything for a guy who has made it clear that he pretty much just wants to moonlight as a football player. If he was an exceptional player then maybe. But all he is right now is an intriguing prospect. And when he starts giving demands like he did. It's like who the hell do you think you are.

An admirable human being who decided to pick the sport he loves over the sport he can get paid.
Admirable? Laughing Admirable would be committing 100% to the sport you love, not just playing another sport for the paycheck.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh_Thats_Total wrote:
Special Teamer wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Wasn't he retiring and returning to track?

I think he would be foolish to do that considering what he could make as an NFL player.

What is the earning potential of a track runner. I would assume you would have to be the best of the best to even make a decent living. Demps is guaranteed a six figure salary so long as he makes an NFL team.

which he is

He didn't even compete in a semi-final or final in any Olympic track event. No, he is not the best of the best.

...He ran for the US in one of the relays. He was a 1st alternate and had to step in due to an injury....did you watch or are you just making false claims?

What you have to realize is it was an Olympic year and due to that, he took an opportunity to represent his country.

But for those of you who say he is "one of the best" need to do some more research. If you aren't a lock for an olympic birth, money is gonna be hard to come by.

Eric Sowinski owns the 600m indoor american record and has no contract. Its a tough life in track and field.

As of right now, there are MULTIPLE americans who can beat out Demps.

Tyson Gay, Ryan Bailey, Walter Dix, Mike Rodgers, Justin Gatlin, Doc Patton, Trell Kimmons...

Here is a link to the fastest times posted in 2012 with Demps on it.

http://www.usatf.org/statistics/topMarks/2012/Outdoor-Men.aspx

He ran for the US 4x100 in their semi final heat.
Oh_Thats_Total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Oh_Thats_Total wrote:
Special Teamer wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

I think he would be foolish to do that considering what he could make as an NFL player.

What is the earning potential of a track runner. I would assume you would have to be the best of the best to even make a decent living. Demps is guaranteed a six figure salary so long as he makes an NFL team.

which he is

He didn't even compete in a semi-final or final in any Olympic track event. No, he is not the best of the best.

...He ran for the US in one of the relays. He was a 1st alternate and had to step in due to an injury....did you watch or are you just making false claims?

What you have to realize is it was an Olympic year and due to that, he took an opportunity to represent his country.

But for those of you who say he is "one of the best" need to do some more research. If you aren't a lock for an olympic birth, money is gonna be hard to come by.

Eric Sowinski owns the 600m indoor american record and has no contract. Its a tough life in track and field.

As of right now, there are MULTIPLE americans who can beat out Demps.

Tyson Gay, Ryan Bailey, Walter Dix, Mike Rodgers, Justin Gatlin, Doc Patton, Trell Kimmons...

Here is a link to the fastest times posted in 2012 with Demps on it.

http://www.usatf.org/statistics/topMarks/2012/Outdoor-Men.aspx

He ran for the US 4x100 in their semi final heat.

Yes, he did, which is an amazing feat that he chose to do due to it being an Olympic year. But financially, nothing came from that. He did it because it was an opportunity that was presented to him and he was able to due to injury.

But eventually, a financial decision has to be made and within the sport of track and field, unless he can run under 9.9, money is going to be a stuggle.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
His agent:
Quote:
"Jeff loves New England, and he wants to run track and play football," Rose said. "It's not a decision based on money. It's a decision based on his passion for both sports. He's 23 years old, and he has an opportunity to do what he loves and has our blessing. I would think with the (Patriots') lack of picks, a deal would be done over the draft, as I am certain if the Patriots aren't willing to let him do both, there are other teams who will.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/04/could_this_be_jeff_demps_last_week_with_patriots
Tom Brady Tribute
Special Teamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Special Teamer wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

which he is

He only ran in the qualifier, not the final.

He ran in the sem-final, in which the United States broke a 20 year old record. I was unaware the semi-final was considered a qualifier.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demps is on one of Team USA's 4x100 at the Penn Relays tomorrow. If his heart is really with track, that's a hell of a lot cooler than being in the NFL and I can see why he's doing what he's doing. Again, maybe not all about the money. He did already cash in a bit with football.

http://www.usatf.org/News/USA-vs--the-World-Relay-Assignments.aspx
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a high school track coach for 10 years and around track for the last 25 years. Jeff has the tools to be really good by the time 2016 olympic comes around. I think he will make the USA 100 meter team because Tyson Gay and some of the others are on the down slop of there careers. Dix I think will be another guy that will make the 100 meter team. In order for Jeff to make it he really needs to focus on it and not the NFL.

I know some people on here will not understand this but it is way harder to make the Olympic's than the NFL. You only have one chance in 4 years to make it. Most runners only last two Olympics not many go beyond this. Money is not the answer to his dream. It is sad to see people put there dreams aside for money.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Demps is on one of Team USA's 4x100 at the Penn Relays tomorrow. If his heart is really with track, that's a hell of a lot cooler than being in the NFL and I can see why he's doing what he's doing. Again, maybe not all about the money. He did already cash in a bit with football.

It is? Since when?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JMG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

It is? Since when?
If that's what your heart is set on, then yeah.

[]_[] Family
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

It is? Since when?

Uh.. to a guy that might love track more than football?

I know it would be cooler to me. Did you not read the words right before what you bolded?
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Just got word on Jeff Demps: "Trade imminent."

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/328221363217244160
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Patriots trade for LeGarrette Blount.

Quote:
Send Demps and the 278th pick to Tampa

Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

There is no 278th pick in the draft
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

There is no 278th pick in the draft

He updated his tweet, it's pick 229 overall.
Tom Brady Tribute
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him.
Pats got a well rounded group of backs

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: