Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats trade RB Jeff Demps to Bucs for RB Blount; Takes paycut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22298
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:
At least we saw what Demps could do in the NFL with his speed.


We did? I remember one highlight in a pre-season game against scrubs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38455
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Belichick on Blount: "Excited to have him here. I think he's a good football player, had a lot of production." Doesn't mention Demps.


http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/328311323039502337
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8054
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Corey Dillon comparisons are running rampant among fans not on FF. It sickens me.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11750
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
The Corey Dillon comparisons are running rampant among fans not on FF. It sickens me.

Yes, the stupidity runs strong this weekend after the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roachkiller


Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 1205
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I think hes a perfect fit for this offense and has a good amount of talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8054
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
The Corey Dillon comparisons are running rampant among fans not on FF. It sickens me.

Yes, the stupidity runs strong this weekend after the draft.


I just had to explain why there is no comparison and everything about them is different to their age, running style, and circumstance of arrival in NE to like 10 people on PFW In Progress facebook page
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naq


Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 6410
Location: Athens, OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Richter wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
The Corey Dillon comparisons are running rampant among fans not on FF. It sickens me.

Yes, the stupidity runs strong this weekend after the draft.


I just had to explain why there is no comparison and everything about them is different to their age, running style, and circumstance of arrival in NE to like 10 people on PFW In Progress facebook page


The guys on PFW on Progress have the combined IQ of a peanut, at best.
_________________

#ParkitForParker

ServantofYHWH wrote:
What do you call 12 millionaires around a TV watching the NBA Finals this year?

The Indiana Pacers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8054
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Richter wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
The Corey Dillon comparisons are running rampant among fans not on FF. It sickens me.

Yes, the stupidity runs strong this weekend after the draft.


I just had to explain why there is no comparison and everything about them is different to their age, running style, and circumstance of arrival in NE to like 10 people on PFW In Progress facebook page


The guys on PFW on Progress have the combined IQ of a peanut, at best.


I don't usually interact with them, I even forgot I was in their "group" but based on how facebooks newsfeeds are now coupled with the extra traffic from the draft their stupidity kept staring me in the face and I just had to tell them how moronic they are.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8054
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in his best year as a pro he struggled with short yardage, what is his role here again?

Quote:
The Buccaneers haven't been satisfied with RB LeGarrette Blount's performance in short-yardage situations and have been considering using FB Earnest Graham instead of Blount in those scenarios. We're told the Bucs are not giving up on Blount as a straight-ahead rusher, but adjusting to that style of running hasn't been easy for Blount, who was more of a lateral rusher in college at Oregon, and Graham has shown he can fulfill many different roles.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/12/11/bucs-may-try-different-short-yardage-option
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HOVA333


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 4748
Location: Brockton MA Richard Sherman is a Pansy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every one here realizes this was a BB move. What happened to "In BB we trust" Devil Advocate is always fun though.
_________________

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 4640
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he makes the roster, and I hope he doesn't. Can't stand his character and will never change my mind for thugs like him.

Would have rather used that 7th on that girl kicker just for the honorary publicity stunt. Sorry Samgurl......
_________________
Adopt-A-Patriot '13: Julian "Rocket" Edelman | 11 | All
Rec:105 Yards:1056
PR:35 Avg:10.6
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8054
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a decent chance he is only here to push the other backs who might find themselves complacent in their current roles, especially Boldin who might have not shown a strong work ethic last year and this is his there is another big back on the roster, better start working again.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12343
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
I doubt he makes the roster, and I hope he doesn't. Can't stand his character and will never change my mind for thugs like him.

Would have rather used that 7th on that girl kicker just for the honorary publicity stunt. Sorry Samgurl......

I dont think Sam would mind getting drafted to be a girl kicker. She can get paid, fired, meet TFB and get some autographs.
But I wrote a paper on him in mine junior year of HS. he had some rough times going on before he punched the guy. Which I still remember and understand that. The fans thing was a bit much for me even though he was provoked no excuse for that one.
Deadpulse wrote:
So in his best year as a pro he struggled with short yardage, what is his role here again?

I asked the TB guys on FF. He has a lot of 1 yrd and 0 yrd gains. He is just tough to bring down when he gets going.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8054
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
I doubt he makes the roster, and I hope he doesn't. Can't stand his character and will never change my mind for thugs like him.

Would have rather used that 7th on that girl kicker just for the honorary publicity stunt. Sorry Samgurl......

I dont think Sam would mind getting drafted to be a girl kicker. She can get paid, fired, meet TFB and get some autographs.
But I wrote a paper on him in mine junior year of HS. he had some rough times going on before he punched the guy. Which I still remember and understand that. The fans thing was a bit much for me even though he was provoked no excuse for that one.
Deadpulse wrote:
So in his best year as a pro he struggled with short yardage, what is his role here again?

I asked the TB guys on FF. He has a lot of 1 yrd and 0 yrd gains. He is just tough to bring down when he gets going.


Don't forget he also punched out a teammate on the Titans before getting waived in 2010!
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 7669
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Donut wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
I doubt he makes the roster, and I hope he doesn't. Can't stand his character and will never change my mind for thugs like him.

Would have rather used that 7th on that girl kicker just for the honorary publicity stunt. Sorry Samgurl......

I dont think Sam would mind getting drafted to be a girl kicker. She can get paid, fired, meet TFB and get some autographs.
But I wrote a paper on him in mine junior year of HS. he had some rough times going on before he punched the guy. Which I still remember and understand that. The fans thing was a bit much for me even though he was provoked no excuse for that one.
Deadpulse wrote:
So in his best year as a pro he struggled with short yardage, what is his role here again?

I asked the TB guys on FF. He has a lot of 1 yrd and 0 yrd gains. He is just tough to bring down when he gets going.


Don't forget he also punched out a teammate on the Titans before getting waived in 2010!


Wasn't that just the typical Training Camp bust up thing? Obviously with Blount it's a little more concerning, given his behavior in the past but I often see these TC bust up news stories that turn out to be nothing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group