Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

incognito_man Mach 8.0 - Time to Get Serious

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: incognito_man Mach 8.0 - Time to Get Serious Reply with quote

Alright folks, in this effort I'm going to try and do a nice blend of my new Big Board and what I think TT might actually look to do.

General Draft Trends/Tiers
-The DL class is deeper than I thought initially
-The WR class is absolutely insanely deep in rounds 2-4
-Thin RB class
-Good depth at ILB
-Pretty solid OLB depth after round 2 as well

This leads me to think that TT will try to maximize the # of picks between about 35 and 120 in this draft.

Current Picks

DRAFT

I think TT looks to trade out of 26 and we find a trading partner looking to grab a QB (I'll guess Buffalo for Nassib). We get, in return, an earlyish 2nd and 3rd (41 and 71)

Round 2 - Pick 41 - DJ Hayden, CB, Houston
+Incredible explosion attacking ball
+VERY willing run defender
+Versatile
-Injury

If he's still available and healthy he is a steal at this point. Adding another young CB gives us some financial flexibility if we want to get rid of Tramon's contract sooner rather than later. Would give us a young stable of Shields, Hayward and Hayden. We would be loaded at CB which is important when you have Aaron Rodgers and teams want to pass on you.

vs UCLA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DULLKzandYI
Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLcuVvBZ1M

Round 2 - Pick 55 - Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse
+Personality/Attitude (going by Palmy's word here)
+Agility
+Versatility

I think Pugh has long-term center capability and at 55 that ability plus his versatility is a bargain IMO. Good chance he's not available here, but if he is, I like him.

TRADE DOWN - TT trades his recently acquired 71st pick to Miami for 82 and 111.

Round 3 - Pick 82 - Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia
+Ball Skills

I am really high on Rambo for our defense. Adds another Burnett-type safety to our team. He's not an in-the-box attitude gonna smash you safety but he's elite and getting the ball back to Aaron Rodgers. That is what I want and it replaces MD Jennings. Very different type than McMillian as well. Adds another element to our D.

Round 3 - Pick 88 - Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson
+Length
+Athleticism

Goodman seems VERY under the radar to me. Looks like a bit lesser (but younger) version of Hunt. Came on strong to end the season and has enormous upside IMO. Adds some much needed length to our front 3.

TRADE - TT trades pick 111 and 159 to Oakland for pick 100

Round 4 - Pick 100 - Christine Michael, RB, TAMU
+Burst
+Athleticism
-Attitude

I HOPE he drops this far because he is an absolute lightning talent. If he does, he is excellent value. I don't think there's a great chance he does, however. But I love his football ability.

Round 4 - Pick 122 - Tavarres King, WR, Georgia
+Route running
+Adjustment to ball
-Physicality & not elite YAC

King seems to be a WR lost in the shuffle but is my 7th overall rated WR (ahead of guys like Wheaton, Hopkins, Da'Rick and Swope). Is a very savvy route-runner. Gets open a ton. Also has deep threat ability which this team needs. Think he will be an excellent value on draft day.

Round 5 - Pick 167 - David Bass, OLB, Missourri Western
+Productive
+Gets hands on ball
-Limited athletically
-Competition

What little available 'tape' I've seen, I LOVED how often he got his hands on the ball. Tipped passes, ints, FF. Seems to 'feel' it on the field. Very good player to use a comp pick on. Adds some much needed depth to our OLB position as well.

Round 6 - Pick 193 - Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina
+Return Ability

I feel that Sanders is being underrated as well. He looks crafty as a WR and is electric in the open field. I'm a fan of NOT having Cobb on return duty anymore and here we're replacing him with an improvement. Gives us a mold similar to Cobb in case his body takes a beating as well.

Round 7 - Pick 232 - Brandon Ford, TE, Clemson

There's not much out there to see on him, but he's an explosive athlete and was very productive in 2012. Think he's quite underrated as well. Would be a steal at the end of the 7th IMO.

Depth Chart
QB - Rodgers // Harrell
RB - Michael // Harris // Green // Kuhn
WR - Nelson // Jones // Cobb // King // Boykin // Sanders
TE - Finley // Taylor // Quarless // Ford
OL - Sherrod // Lang // Pugh // Sitton // Bulaga // EDS // Newhouse // Datko // Barclay

DL - Pickett // Raji // Neal // Goodman // Daniels // Jolly // Wilson (one of the last 2 replaced by Worthy if/when returns)
LB - Matthews // Bishop // Hawk // Perry // Jones // Moses // Bass // Manning // Francois
DB - Shields // Williams // Hayward // Burnett // Rambo // McMillian // Hayden // House // Bush

#howtowinsuperbowl
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incog, the one thing I truly appreciate about your mocks is your pure love for talent without regards to a prospect's personal problems or injury risks. I think you tend to overvalue that talent, but I honestly respect your opinion.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Incog, the one thing I truly appreciate about your mocks is your pure love for talent without regards to a prospect's personal problems or injury risks. I think you tend to overvalue that talent, but I honestly respect your opinion.

LIS, it's tough to get a gauge on true character sitting in our seats, so the best we can really do is evaluate what we see on the field and then realize that, if a guy who displays significantly better ability that where he got drafted, likely had an issue.

Impossible for us to know most of it though.

Will eating a pot brownie make Rambo a bigger risk? Maybe, but I doubt it.
Will sleeping in a missing an interview make Michael less likely to be a successful NFL RB? Maybe, if it is representative of his work-ethic in general. Doubtful if it was unrelated. I've missed important schit before due to sleeping in. It happens.
Will Hayden's injury cause him to never realize his potential? Certainly possible. But I don't know his mindset or medical prognosis.

etc.

Can only go off what I see.
JustJeff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: incognito_man Mach 8.0 - Time to Get Serious Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Round 6 - Pick 193 - Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina
+Return Ability

I feel that Sanders is being underrated as well. He looks crafty as a WR and is electric in the open field. I'm a fan of NOT having Cobb on return duty anymore and here we're replacing him with an improvement. Gives us a mold similar to Cobb in case his body takes a beating as well.

Sanders is a (by his twitter account) Packers fan.

Quote:
Ace Sanders ‏@AceSanders1
@rkgoff lol I'm a Packers Fan lol #Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ya got David Bass in there, I'm a fan.

Love Michael there too.

Bit too much of an injury red there on Hayden for my liking to be our first off the board.

Pugh wouldn't be a bad pick. Not sure about him at center, but would definitely be a quality back up for a year or two and give us some leverage/flexibility when it comes time to resign Lang and/or Sitton.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: