Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Post - Your thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10541
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Pugger wrote:
PFB333 wrote:
The health of Sherrod's leg was the reaon for my post. I have little confidence in Newhouse. If Sharrod's not ready to go, there are real problems with the blind side.

I think Barrett Jones in the 3rd would fill the need for backup center and guard.

Assuming Sharrod's ready, what should the Packers target in the first round? Wide Receiver? Tight end? D-Line?


I'd get someone on the DL, ILB or safety. TT is great at finding WRs in later rounds.


Is he really?

Greg Jennings: 2nd round, #52
James Jones: 3rd round, #78
Jordy Nelson: 2nd round, #36
Randall Cobb: 2nd round, #64

Who are these "WRs in the later rounds" that he has found? He's picked up a few guys as roster filler, but none of them have really DONE anything in the league. All of the major contributors have been pretty high draft picks.

With the upcoming contract situations of all of those guys, + Finley, I seriously expect to see WR/TE addressed early and probably more than once this draft.


I agree with Spill on this one. I just wonder which of the "need" Laughing positions TT will ignore in the draft this year. Is it going to be WR, S, Dline, RB, or OLine? You know he is not going to draft all of these positions and people are going to be upset when one of them gets ignored in the draft.


I'm going to guess S (betting on McMillan), and OL (Sherrod being healthy and EDS getting his shot at C. The guys at those positions are on the roster and likely to get "their shot". Depth picks later, sure, but no potential day 1 starters.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14507
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Pugger wrote:
PFB333 wrote:
The health of Sherrod's leg was the reaon for my post. I have little confidence in Newhouse. If Sharrod's not ready to go, there are real problems with the blind side.

I think Barrett Jones in the 3rd would fill the need for backup center and guard.

Assuming Sharrod's ready, what should the Packers target in the first round? Wide Receiver? Tight end? D-Line?


I'd get someone on the DL, ILB or safety. TT is great at finding WRs in later rounds.


Is he really?

Greg Jennings: 2nd round, #52
James Jones: 3rd round, #78
Jordy Nelson: 2nd round, #36
Randall Cobb: 2nd round, #64

Who are these "WRs in the later rounds" that he has found? He's picked up a few guys as roster filler, but none of them have really DONE anything in the league. All of the major contributors have been pretty high draft picks.

With the upcoming contract situations of all of those guys, + Finley, I seriously expect to see WR/TE addressed early and probably more than once this draft.


I agree with Spill on this one. I just wonder which of the "need" Laughing positions TT will ignore in the draft this year. Is it going to be WR, S, Dline, RB, or OLine? You know he is not going to draft all of these positions and people are going to be upset when one of them gets ignored in the draft.


I'm going to guess S (betting on McMillan), and OL (Sherrod being healthy and EDS getting his shot at C. The guys at those positions are on the roster and likely to get "their shot". Depth picks later, sure, but no potential day 1 starters.


Hard for me to say either of those two positions will be ignored. Safety because DB's are the best ST players in the NFL, so you can either draft late and add to the ST, or draft one early and bump a guy like MD Jennings or McMillian to more ST duties.

OL should be drafted every year, I can't name a draft where TT didn't draft an OL. Last year he waited too long, and it showed by our lack of depth late in the year. I don't think high picks will be spent on our OL, but our playoff OL was: 5th round pick-4th round pick-UDFA-4th round pick-UDFA. I can't say we may not get a starter there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2281
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not Jones, Schwenke in the 4th or 5th sounds good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10541
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Pugger wrote:
PFB333 wrote:
The health of Sherrod's leg was the reaon for my post. I have little confidence in Newhouse. If Sharrod's not ready to go, there are real problems with the blind side.

I think Barrett Jones in the 3rd would fill the need for backup center and guard.

Assuming Sharrod's ready, what should the Packers target in the first round? Wide Receiver? Tight end? D-Line?


I'd get someone on the DL, ILB or safety. TT is great at finding WRs in later rounds.


Is he really?

Greg Jennings: 2nd round, #52
James Jones: 3rd round, #78
Jordy Nelson: 2nd round, #36
Randall Cobb: 2nd round, #64

Who are these "WRs in the later rounds" that he has found? He's picked up a few guys as roster filler, but none of them have really DONE anything in the league. All of the major contributors have been pretty high draft picks.

With the upcoming contract situations of all of those guys, + Finley, I seriously expect to see WR/TE addressed early and probably more than once this draft.


I agree with Spill on this one. I just wonder which of the "need" Laughing positions TT will ignore in the draft this year. Is it going to be WR, S, Dline, RB, or OLine? You know he is not going to draft all of these positions and people are going to be upset when one of them gets ignored in the draft.


I'm going to guess S (betting on McMillan), and OL (Sherrod being healthy and EDS getting his shot at C. The guys at those positions are on the roster and likely to get "their shot". Depth picks later, sure, but no potential day 1 starters.


Hard for me to say either of those two positions will be ignored. Safety because DB's are the best ST players in the NFL, so you can either draft late and add to the ST, or draft one early and bump a guy like MD Jennings or McMillian to more ST duties.

OL should be drafted every year, I can't name a draft where TT didn't draft an OL. Last year he waited too long, and it showed by our lack of depth late in the year. I don't think high picks will be spent on our OL, but our playoff OL was: 5th round pick-4th round pick-UDFA-4th round pick-UDFA. I can't say we may not get a starter there.


"Ignored" as in later depth picks, not a guy with a name people expect to take the job day 1. Rounds 5-7, maybe a 4th, at the earliest. Those 2 4th round picks at G are one of the better tandems in the league, imo. C was a problem, but got better with EDS getting in there, and you can't always have depth to replace your 2 first round OTs that are on IR. Overall that's a pretty good investment in the OL, and I'm fine with it being a later pick addressing that "need".

For S, if we assume the biggest reason Jennings got more snaps than McMillan this year is the fact that it's a very complex D with many moving parts. McMillan seemed to get slightly more opportunity as the season wore on. Given an offseason and full Minicamp schedule, I'd expect them to get more comfortable in more situations. I really don't think I see too many S in this year's draft that are an all around upgrade to what McMillan brings to the table. Now in both situations 4th-7th? Sure I can see it. Early? Not at all.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4125
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Pugger wrote:
PFB333 wrote:
The health of Sherrod's leg was the reaon for my post. I have little confidence in Newhouse. If Sharrod's not ready to go, there are real problems with the blind side.

I think Barrett Jones in the 3rd would fill the need for backup center and guard.

Assuming Sharrod's ready, what should the Packers target in the first round? Wide Receiver? Tight end? D-Line?


I'd get someone on the DL, ILB or safety. TT is great at finding WRs in later rounds.


Is he really?

Greg Jennings: 2nd round, #52
James Jones: 3rd round, #78
Jordy Nelson: 2nd round, #36
Randall Cobb: 2nd round, #64

Who are these "WRs in the later rounds" that he has found? He's picked up a few guys as roster filler, but none of them have really DONE anything in the league. All of the major contributors have been pretty high draft picks.

With the upcoming contract situations of all of those guys, + Finley, I seriously expect to see WR/TE addressed early and probably more than once this draft.


I agree with Spill on this one. I just wonder which of the "need" Laughing positions TT will ignore in the draft this year. Is it going to be WR, S, Dline, RB, or OLine? You know he is not going to draft all of these positions and people are going to be upset when one of them gets ignored in the draft.


I'm going to guess S (betting on McMillan), and OL (Sherrod being healthy and EDS getting his shot at C. The guys at those positions are on the roster and likely to get "their shot". Depth picks later, sure, but no potential day 1 starters.


Hard for me to say either of those two positions will be ignored. Safety because DB's are the best ST players in the NFL, so you can either draft late and add to the ST, or draft one early and bump a guy like MD Jennings or McMillian to more ST duties.

OL should be drafted every year, I can't name a draft where TT didn't draft an OL. Last year he waited too long, and it showed by our lack of depth late in the year. I don't think high picks will be spent on our OL, but our playoff OL was: 5th round pick-4th round pick-UDFA-4th round pick-UDFA. I can't say we may not get a starter there.


Gotta agree with you on oline. The depth there was an eye sore. You could tell in camp and in preseason they had very little in reserve. At least Barclay and EDS made strides. But really, they need better prospects for back up oline spots this year. That more than anything was very obvious in TC.

Also hope they do not neglect the dline position. I know I did a mock where that was the position they ignored, but really I find it difficult to imagine them ignoring that spot given how adamant they are trying to find the more long-levered 5 tech guys this offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group