Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals sign Steelers LB James Harrison to a 2-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, although like others would have preferred Dansby. Just hope we still add LBs in the draft. Need a little attitude/nastiness to the D. With Geno eating up blockers, someone like Harrison can get some nasty hits on a QB.

Also if he can steal snaps from Geathers, I'll love this move... Laughing
Hokie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't love the signing, but I don't hate it. I do have concerns about Harrison's ability to play SAM. I think he'll be an upgrade to Lawson, but I would have preferred Dansby. The Bengals still need to draft a LB who can cover (like Greene, Moore, Hodges, Bostic, etc.). Harrison will bring a veteran presence to the team, and hopefully his intensity will rub off on Rey and Tez. He can still get after the QB, and he'll be an intimidating presence on the field. I have no idea how good (or bad) he is against the run, and I would imagine he's poor in pass coverage.

Again, I would have preferred Dansby, but at least they upgraded Lawson and filled a need. Really hoping they can sign Smith before the draft, as the only position they would have to absolutely go for early would be safety.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will hold my judgement till I see him play in our defense. Could be really good, could be really bad. I really wanted a LB in the 1st 3 rounds, now I'm not so sure. I'm really hoping we resign Andre soon because I don't want to go RT in this draft.

I see us going S, RB, RT with our 1st 3 picks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem I have is this may prevent us from drafting a LB early and we desperately need LBs that can cover.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Spartan300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still love Olgletree. Don't see it happening now that we signed Harrison, resigned Maualuga, and have Burfict. Someone later like Bostic would be nice.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
I would still love Olgletree. Don't see it happening now that we signed Harrison, resigned Maualuga, and have Burfict. Someone later like Bostic would be nice.

I doubt we get Ogletree. I like Jelani Jenkins later or a LB like Sio Moore in round 3-4

RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jelani too. So it looks like were going safety super early. I think its a certainty we grab either Cyprien (if we're lucky), Elam, Swearinger or Reid.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE's are going to kill us......again.

Zavier Gooden could be a rd 3-4 option as a coverage linebacker.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
TE's are going to kill us......again.

Zavier Gooden could be a rd 3-4 option as a coverage linebacker.

That is why I desperately want vaccaro. A safety that can cover like crazy

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
[url]***Update***[/url]
Quote:
RT @GeoffHobsonCin: #Bengals have agreement with James Harrison, his agent says.

http://twitter.com/Bengals/statuses/325352248890765312

Love the move, just purely from the standpoint of giving the young LB corps some veteran leadership from one of the best; and nastiest. I'd be happy for JH to play 3D rush only.

I hope that everyday Harrison rocks up for work wearing his SB rings, just to remind the guys what its all about.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
[url]***Update***[/url]
Quote:
RT @GeoffHobsonCin: #Bengals have agreement with James Harrison, his agent says.

Love the move, just purely from the standpoint of giving the young LB corps some veteran leadership from one of the best; and nastiest. I'd be happy for JH to play 3D rush only.

I hope that everyday Harrison rocks up for work wearing his SB rings, just to remind the guys what its all about.

I'm just so scared about our team speed along with lack of ability to cover. Our secondary is pretty slow let alone the LBs. we desperately need a LB with great speed who can cover let alone a safety with speed.

Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look back on the last 28 hours that I didn't know this with longing. Hopefully he's cut in camp. I mega-loathe James Harrison.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
[url]***Update***[/url]
Quote:

I'm just so scared about our team speed along with lack of ability to cover. Our secondary is pretty slow let alone the LBs. we desperately need a LB with great speed who can cover let alone a safety with speed.

Our LB's at the moment are Burfict/ Joiner/ Lamur/ Maualuga/ Maybin/ Moch/ Rey & Schaffer. All young guys, 5 of them UDFA's.

Harrison could prove a great mentor to them.

With those 10 draft picks, we could still yet draft a couple of cover guys, and we have yet to see what Moch and Joiner can bring.

I like the Harrison move, I just hope some of his attitude rubs off......
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
[url]***Update***[/url]
Quote:

Our LB's at the moment are Burfict/ Joiner/ Lamur/ Maualuga/ Maybin/ Moch/ Rey & Schaffer. All young guys, 5 of them UDFA's.

Harrison can be a great mentor to them.

With those 10 draft picks, we could still yet draft a couple of cover guys, and we have yet to see what Moch and Joiner can bring.

I like the Harrison move, I just hope some of his attitude rubs off......

Yeah we have those guys but they are all rushers off the edge. I want a LB that can cover. I will not count on Moch or Joiner at all for now. Give me Jelani Jenkins and Sio Moore in this draft an ill be happy

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Yeah we have those guys but they are all rushers off the edge. I want a LB that can cover. I will not count on Moch or Joiner at all for now. Give me Jelani Jenkins and Sio Moore in this draft an ill be happy

Agree 'ocho'.

Just think the Harrison move means we probably wont be taking a LB with our first 4 picks, which now look like probably being RT, S, RB, WR if we don't get Smith done this week. The Bengals seem to see Harrison as our starting SAM.

Coach Simmons will also be lobbying hard for a Skuta replacement on ST's.

These young LB's (Lamur, Burfict, Joiner, Moch) are all fast guys, I just think when we think about the lack of LB speed, were specifically mean Lawson and Maualuga in coverage. We all think Maualuga would be better at SAM, Burfict better at MIKE, but obviously the Bengal coaches disagree at the moment.
FWIW, I still think Burfict is our starting MIKE this season. Seeing him get under Ray Rice's skin last year, told me he's our future leader.

I'm a little surprised Muckleroy wasn't invited back to camp, because the little I saw of him, he looked pretty good.

We also could yet make a move for Thomas Howard........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: