Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Raiders really take Eric Fisher at #3?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Will the Raiders really take Eric Fisher at #3? Reply with quote

By now, we've all heard that Oakland would like to take Fisher if he were to be available. At first glance, I'd say it would be a strange pick considering the Raiders already have (arguably) a top-10 left tackle in Jared Veldheer.

So, my question is this: do you really believe he will be the pick or is this a smokescreen?

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who the hell knows lol
macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a little bit of both. I think they'd rather trade down and they're trying to create a market for Fisher and the #3 spot, but I also believe they would take him. Following Veldheer on Twitter, he has said that he wouldn't mind a move to RT if it helps the team.

I think, realistically, it comes down to Fisher/Floyd/Ansah at #3.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Raiders really take Eric Fisher at #3? Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
By now, we've all heard that Oakland would like to take Fisher if he were to be available. At first glance, I'd say it would be a strange pick considering the Raiders already have (arguably) a top-10 left tackle in Jared Veldheer.

So, my question is this: do you really believe he will be the pick or is this a smokescreen?

Where did you hear Fisher is the consensus pick for Oakland?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Raiders really take Eric Fisher at #3? Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

I'm wondering this too. Everywhere I read or look the pick is Floyd.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Raiders really take Eric Fisher at #3? Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:

If he's the BPA then we will pick him if we find no trading partner.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. Veldheer is a good LT he is in his contract year. He has been working hard this offseason. I see no reason why they would take a LT with the 3rd pick. Too many needs on defense.

The market is flooded with RT no one wants to pay them.

IMO Reggie hopes fisher is there and someone wants him enough to trade up for him. If not i think he drafts DT Floyd, Star , or edge rusher Jordan , Ansah

If a trade down with Miami Richaedson , Mingo , Sly Williams , Warmack , Fluker , Tank are options.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Raiders really take Eric Fisher at #3? Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

I'm wondering this too. Everywhere I read or look the pick is Floyd.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=847883-raiders-eric-fisher-could-be-first-option-in-draft

Quote:
The Oakland Raiders would reportedly like to select Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher with the No. 3 overall pick in the NFL Draft if he is still on the board. If not, the team will likely take Florida DT Sharrif Floyd.

2013-04-09 06:15:47 | Source: ESPN - John Clayton

I think our prefered option is to trade down. The OTs are in demand so we're looking to up the value with the Fisher rumor. I don't think it's just a smokescreen though, Fisher is very likely to be the BPA at #3 and BPA is the way we should go.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CMU Football ‏@CMU_Football 14 Mar
Raiders o-line coach commented during private workout w/ Eric Fisher: he is pro ready due to CMU coaching & pro style offense.

NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a Clayton rumor about a week or two ago as well, he said rumor is we'd take Fisher, and if he wasn't on the board the pick should be Floyd. Don't have link though.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
I don't think so. Veldheer is a good LT he is in his contract year. He has been working hard this offseason. I see no reason why they would take a LT with the 3rd pick. Too many needs on defense.

IMO Reggie hopes fisher is there and someone wants him enough to trade up for him. If not i think he drafts DT Floyd, Star , or edge rusher Jordan , Ansah

If a trade down with Miami Richaedson , Mingo , Sly Williams , Warmack , Fluker , Tank are options.

Is there any guarantee that Veldheer re-signs?
#clueless
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

Well we have loads of cap room, if we want him he will be a Raider.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

Well we have loads of cap room, if we want him he will be a Raider.

Yeah i know we have loads of cap room but what if he wants to play for a contender and is not motivated by money. Lot of hypotheticals both ways just don't see that assuming Veldheer will re-sign as being totally realistic. That is why Fisher if he is there at 3 and we can't trade down should be the pick. He could be our LT in a years time.
#clueless
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope so. I will actually say I rather take him then trade down. I think he could make that big of a impact for this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: