Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packattack's Mock 9.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Packattack's Mock 9.0 Reply with quote

TT fields a trade offer for a team looking to grab a QB, in this case it is Arizona. We give up our 1st and 5th for their 2nd and 3rd.

2. Johnathan Hankins, DL, Ohio State - Big Hank can come in and serve as a run stuffer and give Raji and Pickett a breather. He has nice movement skills for a big guy and will become the future replacement for Pickett.

2. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin - I believe their is a decent chance Ball will be there at our 2nd pick, and if he is he is a great pickup. Ball can run, block, and catch, has great vision for the zbs, and knows how to find the end zone.

3. Barrett Jones, OL, Bama - Jones is a swiss army knife lineman that can heal up, sit behind EDS, and eventually start at center.

3. Stedman Bailey, WR, W.VA - Bailey is a terrific fit for GB's offense and will go along way towards adding back the depth that was lost.

4. TJ McDonald, S, USC - McDonald was a leader on the USC defense and he plays with great passion. He has the frame and skills to develop into an impact safety, but at this point he adds ST's help and depth.

5. Traded

5. Comp - Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State - Jenkins has great upside as a situational rusher to complement Clay and Perry.

6. Marc Anthony, CB, CAL - A good TC CB to come in and compete, has some skills to work with.

7. Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State - Fragel is a converted TE, so he has some athleticism. He also plays with a mean streak and will compete on every play. He's a good TC body to compete w/ Datko.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good draft. I'd rather have a few other guys at certain spots, but you hit a lot of needs. Like the Hankins, Jones, Jenkins, and Anthony picks. Not a fan of Ball, but decent value in the 2nd. Don't like Bailey or McDonald at all. Fragel, meh. Good work.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with pacnw. Perfect fit is a stretch for Bailey, and McDonald I just plain don't like.
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours isn't the first mock I've seen that talks about a team wanting to trade up for a QB but I can't think of any QB in this class besides Geno Smith that anybody is clamoring for and he could very well be long gone by #26.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Yours isn't the first mock I've seen that talks about a team wanting to trade up for a QB but I can't think of any QB in this class besides Geno Smith that anybody is clamoring for and he could very well be long gone by #26.

You might see a team like Miami move up to take a guy like DJ Fluker if he drops to the Packers spot. You might also see a team move ahead of SF to take a safety if the Packers aren't looking for an early round safety. Buffalo or another team might want to move up to take a late round 1 QB. Now the chances of a team giving up draft picks to move up a few spots is pretty low, but its certainly a possibility.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

Under the new CBA, 1st rounders are signed for 5 year deals, 2nd rounders 4 year deals.

But moving up to get 'your' QB, you get him on a rookie deal for 1 extra year.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

EJ Manuel has a ridiculous amount of potential that would be worth a late first for several teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Under the new CBA, 1st rounders are signed for 5 year deals, 2nd rounders 4 year deals.

But moving up to get 'your' QB, you get him on a rookie deal for 1 extra year.

This. In the new CBA is that you CAN NOT renegotiate a rookie contract until the final year so not only does it get you an extra year it theoretically saves you at least $15m in year four. You have to go into it assuming the QB you want is going to be highly succesful. If so he'll be making $2m in year four if he is a first round pick and if he is a second round pick or later you are going to have to renegotiate that year and you'll be lucky to get him for $17m. Makes trading up a few spots into the tail end of round one very attractive if your guy is still there.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: