Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

titwio's Final Mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: titwio's Final Mock Reply with quote

Haven't posted here in a while....here's my final Giants mock for the 2013 Draft.

First Round: (Not doing trades)

1) Kansas City: Luke Joeckel OT A&M
2) Jacksonville: Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
3) Oakland: Geno Smith- QB WV
4) Philly: Star Lotulelei- DT Utah
5) Detroit: Eric Fisher- OT CM
6) Cleveland: Ezekiel Ansah- DE BYU
7) Arizona: Lane Johnson- OT Oklahoma
8: Buffalo: Jonathan Cooper- G NC
9) New York (J): Barkevious Mingo- OLB LSU
10) Tennessee: Sharrif Floyd- DT Florida
11) San Diego: Dee Milliner- CB Alabama
12) Miami: Xavier Rhodes- CB FSU
13) Tampa Bay: Bjoern Werner- DE FSU
14) Carolina: Cordarrelle Patterson
15) New Orleans: Sheldon Richardson
16) St.Louis: Tavon Austin- WR WV
17) Pittsburgh: Jarvis Jones- OLB Gerogia
18: Dallas: Kenny Vaccaro- S Texas


***New York Giants*** ::are on the clock::

NYG's Big board - DJ. Fluker, Chance Warmack, Desmond Trufant, Cornelius Carradine, Manti Te'o, Jonathan Cyprien, DaMontre Moore, Arthur Brown, Jonathan Banks.


With the 19th overall pick the NY Giants select: Chance Warmack G Alabama


Full Mock: *(draft profiles included have combine performances and measurables)

1st: Chance Warmack G Alabama- The more I thought about it the more I can see Chance making it to 19. DeCastro was a sure fire top 10-15 by most last year. He slid and the fact there are two this year with many hyping Cooper lately for his athleticism and versatility....I don't think this may be a stretch as most of us believe. (At least that's what I'm telling myself)
*Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ack?id=2539194

2nd: Jamar Taylor CB Boise.ST- The Giants have a lot of ways they can go here but Taylor has been gaining a lot of steam lately and is considered a borderline 1st rounder. The Giants see the value and the need and take the CB 51st overall.
*Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lor?id=2539932

3rd: Sio Moore LB UCONN- One of my favorite LB's in the draft. Athletic, tough and versatile. Sheds well, can rush the passer and cover. I think he's best suited at SLB cause he can get after the QB but I think the Giants can mold him to play any of the backer positions because of his strength and athleticism.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sio-moore?id=2539220

4th: Devin Taylor DE SC - A lot of people on this forum are big on Taylor for his excellent size and mid round value. Taylor was the player that stood out to me the most at the East/West game and dominated against top competition. He'd fit right in with the Giants DE stable and be a great addition.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/devin-taylor?id=2539304

5th: Reid Fragel OT OSU- Definitely a Reese kind of guy IMO. 6'8 310 converted former TE turned OT. Big and athletic with a high ceiling. He's still learning the position but his upside is major and too much to pass up. I can see Pat Flaherty salivating over getting the opportunity to coach him up.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/reid-fragel?id=2539651

6th: Josh Boyd DT Miss ST- DT is a need for the Giants and they take the best one available. Was overshadowed by Fletcher Cox at Miss.ST but he had a productive season in his absence last year. Big and disruptive presence in the middle. Can move the pile and get after the QB.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/josh-boyd?id=2539263


7th: R.R. Armstrong S Miami- He didn't play in 2012 and was ineligible for off the field problems. The thing is he's a physical specimen. 6'3 216 and fast and physical. This is a great time to take a chance on this kind of prospect. If the Giants can set him straight they could have another huge steal in the 7th round. Another great talent at safety from the "U".
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ray%20ray-armstrong?id=2540320

7th: Ray Graham RB Pitt- One of my favorite backs before his knee injury in 2011. Was really shifty and highly explosive. Would have gone much higher if not for the injury. He ran a bad 40 time but he's showed signs of regaining some of explosion before the 2012 season ended. He'll be two years removed from the injury and if he gets back to form the Giants can get themselves a really nice steal here.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ray-graham?id=2539295



Goodbye and thank you for reading...
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".


Last edited by titwio on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:37 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15743
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love this draft.

The triple Rays in the 7th round would be nice. Two guys with lots of potential. Everybody loves Raymond.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I would love this draft.

The triple Rays in the 7th round would be nice. Two guys with lots of potential. Everybody loves Raymond.


Thanks. Yeah I can definitely see those two being Reese type players and great value picks in the 7th if they pan out (like I think they can).
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 12086
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to have more luck in UDFAs than 7th round players. Cruz, Hynoski, Ballard, Brown, Hill are just a few and they've all been within the last few years.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ A lot more chances to hit on UDFA's. They've done pretty good though with AB, Scott and Kuhn in the 7th the last few years (as far as value).

BTW: Which Brown are you referring to? Stevie and Andre were both drafted.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 12086
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
^ A lot more chances to hit on UDFA's. They've done pretty good though with AB, Scott and Kuhn in the 7th the last few years (as far as value).

BTW: Which Brown are you referring to? Stevie and Andre were both drafted.


Stevie was drafted? I didn't even realize that. Laughing
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
titwio wrote:
^ A lot more chances to hit on UDFA's. They've done pretty good though with AB, Scott and Kuhn in the 7th the last few years (as far as value).

BTW: Which Brown are you referring to? Stevie and Andre were both drafted.


Stevie was drafted? I didn't even realize that. Laughing


He was drafted by the Raiders in 2010 (251st overall in the 7th). Just looked it up to make sure. Almost went undrafted.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fracdaddy14


Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 3406
Location: Northeastern PA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
titwio wrote:
^ A lot more chances to hit on UDFA's. They've done pretty good though with AB, Scott and Kuhn in the 7th the last few years (as far as value).

BTW: Which Brown are you referring to? Stevie and Andre were both drafted.


Stevie was drafted? I didn't even realize that. Laughing


Ya, by the Raiders, both Browns actually bounced around before breaking out last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fracdaddy14


Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 3406
Location: Northeastern PA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, solid Mock, love Chance in Round 1 and like Taylor, Moore, Friegal, and Boyd in those rounds a lot. Graham could fit as our #3 RB. I really don't understand this board's infatuatuion with Ray Ray Armstrong. He was more of an athlete than a player, but its Round 7, so its mostly a flier at that point. Could have said similar things about Bryce Brown last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
BTW, solid Mock, love Chance in Round 1 and like Taylor, Moore, Friegal, and Boyd in those rounds a lot. Graham could fit as our #3 RB. I really don't understand this board's infatuatuion with Ray Ray Armstrong. He was more of an athlete than a player, but its Round 7, so its mostly a flier at that point. Could have said similar things about Bryce Brown last year.


Thanks for the feedback. I honestly didn't know there was an infatuation around here with Armstrong. I rarely visit the Giants forum and only posted here maybe twice in the last 6-7 months. But yeah, for the 7th round I think those are the kind of athletes who are worth taking a shot on....I could definitely see him being on Reese's radar in that spot.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HakeemTheDream


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-

I'd love this draft. Warmack in the first and Taylor in the second would be awesome value and great fits. Big fan of Sio Moore, especially in the third. Not a huge fan of Devin Taylor. I question his ability after playing opposite Clowney and not being able to take advantage of no double-teams. He seems kind of like a workout warrior. Fragel is the typical Giants pick at OT. Converted from another position/sport and raw but tons of potential. Boyd is another solid pick. Not a fan of Ray Ray. I'm a Hurricanes fan, and he never really played up to his potential 1st round draft hype. He's just an athlete stuck in a position. He needs some serious coaching to fulfill that potential. Love the Graham pick too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
A-

I'd love this draft. Warmack in the first and Taylor in the second would be awesome value and great fits. Big fan of Sio Moore, especially in the third. Not a huge fan of Devin Taylor. I question his ability after playing opposite Clowney and not being able to take advantage of no double-teams. He seems kind of like a workout warrior. Fragel is the typical Giants pick at OT. Converted from another position/sport and raw but tons of potential. Boyd is another solid pick. Not a fan of Ray Ray. I'm a Hurricanes fan, and he never really played up to his potential 1st round draft hype. He's just an athlete stuck in a position. He needs some serious coaching to fulfill that potential. Love the Graham pick too.


Very high grade....Thanks. Taylor's overall size and make-up is what intrigues me the most. The East/West performance didn't hurt either. He does have some holes in his game and looks slow at times but I feel the Giants will be able to get the most out of him. He can take a backseat for a year and learn behind Kiwi, Tuck and P-Paul.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group