Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Levitre is a Natural LG, Warmack and Cooper are too...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
All those guys, I feel plenty comfortable with them at RG.

And that's cool. I just prefer confident>comfortable.

Ok I'm confident that either of those guys I mentioned can do a damn good job at RG. Happy? Neither Cooper or Warmack are sure things either.
TitanJo33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love warford in the second he's warmack without the hype if you ask me plus we can go defensive playmaker in the first

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanJo33 wrote:
I absolutely love warford in the second he's warmack without the hype if you ask me plus we can go defensive playmaker in the first

I would too, but I really don't believe he lasts till our second rounder.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanJo33 wrote:

I think a lot of GMs feel the same way tt4l feels - that a position like guard is not worth spending a high pick on. If #10 comes up and Warmack and Cooper are both still on the board, I have a hard time believing that Warford will be gone in the early 2nd round.

Ideally, I'd love to see a defensive playmaker in the 1st and Warford in the 2nd. But I'm not going to lie - if our pick is announced as Warmack, I'm going to be giddy thinking about a line that could potentially dominate anyone. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand the whole guard is not worth a top ten pick. if they are the top player left on your board and its a position of need, you take them no matter what pick it is.

my dream scenerio would be to trade back and pick witchever one of the two falls.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanJo33 wrote:

I think a lot of GMs feel the same way tt4l feels - that a position like guard is not worth spending a high pick on. If #10 comes up and Warmack and Cooper are both still on the board, I have a hard time believing that Warford will be gone in the early 2nd round.

Ideally, I'd love to see a defensive playmaker in the 1st and Warford in the 2nd. But I'm not going to lie - if our pick is announced as Warmack, I'm going to be giddy thinking about a line that could potentially dominate anyone. Very Happy

Yeah, but I see one of them (Warmack) going to the Bills at 8. Then if we don't take Cooper at #10, there are the Chargers, Rams, Cowboys, Giants, Bears all with Guard needs just in the 1st round. It would be a risk but I would ideally like to get some playmaker at #10 as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanTuff wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
That offensive puzzle can be filled in the mid rounds with players like Warford, Schwenke, Jones, Winters, Fluker, Thomas, Pugh, etc.

I might give you Warford, but do you really prefer Schwenke, Jones, Winters, Fluker, Thomas, Pugh, etc. lining up against JJ Watts? Over Warmack or Cooper? If you were a betting man that's what you'd do?

That's right. This whole draft a lineman to contain Watt is ridiculous. How do they plan to stop Schaub and Foster running and passing all over them? Something they've done with ease the past couple of seasons. An OG is not worth a top 10 pick. All those guys, I feel plenty comfortable with them at RG.

I don't see how its ridiculous, its pretty simple to me. we have a future perennial all pro playing for a division rival. how many games did we see him single handledly alter with a clutch defensive play? He's currently the best player in the division and likely gonna be in the division a long time. why would you not want to pick a guy if you feel he can effectively neutralize him? Being able to slow down JJ Watt, especially in crucial situations late in games, could mean the difference in whether we win or lose the division. we all know how close and competitive Texan/Titan games can be when both teams are in playoff contention.

As for Foster and Schaub, even Luck, they can't score when they're not on the field, because our offense is sustaining drives and winning time of possession. That is a big reason they've been running and passing on us with ease. Picking a difference maker at guard helps that.

Every game that got out of hand last season was due to the offense turning the ball over or constantly going 3 and out, leaving the defense tired and in bad spots. And it snowballed. Our defense is solid, and hopefully will get better with the new additions, better coaching and a more aggressive style. they just need the offense to give them a chance... oh and a new free safety.

Give me Warmack/Cooper if Dee, Star, and Ziggy are gone.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanJo33

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warford in the second would be ideal but I wouldn't have the slightest problem taking warmack or cooper at 10.. If we're running all over everybody at will and controlling the clock and the LOS that's def worth a top ten pick to me bc it makes locker and Johnson better, wears down there defense and keeps ours fresh ..... I think that formula has won a game or two Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the event they are both avail..

Who is the better match up against JJ Watt...Warmack or Cooper?

How do we counter the beast? With a technician or another beast?

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
In the event they are both avail..

Who is the better match up against JJ Watt...Warmack or Cooper?

How do we counter the beast? With a technician or another beast?

Give me the beast. I want someone to punch the beast in the facemask and keep his SWATTING to a minimum. Twisted Evil

My options at #10 are:

1. Star
2. Warmack
3. Cooper
4. trade back
5. BPA

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
I don't see how its ridiculous, its pretty simple to me. we have a future perennial all pro playing for a division rival. how many games did we see him single handledly alter with a clutch defensive play? .

I personally don't like the idea of drafting players to stop "player X." Just make your own team the best it can be and move on. Drafting corners to stop Manning or drafting DE's to stop Manning didn't exactly slow him down. Great players will find ways to be great if that is what they truly are....

Now, your last point is my reasoning for NOT wanting to draft an OG in the 1st round. A defensive player like say, Ansah, has the ability to alter games on their own. Not saying Ansah is that, but getting a player that hopefully can do that is worth more than an OG in my mind. That is where the "value" doesn't equal out. No matter how great an OG he is, he won't be able to single handledly impact a game like a DE, DT...etc..
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
I don't see how its ridiculous, its pretty simple to me. we have a future perennial all pro playing for a division rival. how many games did we see him single handledly alter with a clutch defensive play? .

I personally don't like the idea of drafting players to stop "player X." Just make your own team the best it can be and move on. Drafting corners to stop Manning or drafting DE's to stop Manning didn't exactly slow him down. Great players will find ways to be great if that is what they truly are....

Now, your last point is my reasoning for NOT wanting to draft an OG in the 1st round. A defensive player like say, Ansah, has the ability to alter games on their own. Not saying Ansah is that, but getting a player that hopefully can do that is worth more than an OG in my mind. That is where the "value" doesn't equal out. No matter how great an OG he is, he won't be able to single handledly impact a game like a DE, DT...etc..

And I don't like reaching for a player because the position is deemed more "sexy". As I previously stated, I want Warmack/Cooper if Ziggy, Star and Dee are gone (which they likely will be) What I don't like is the idea of us taking tier 2 players like Trufant, Rhodes, Werner, Mingo, or someone like that, because guard isn't sexy enough to be selected at #10, thats b.s. Those guys don't carry top 10 impact for me. I feel Warmack or Cooper can come in and play at a high level very quickly. If Ziggy, Dee, and Star are gone, I believe Warmack and Cooper are the picks that make this team the best it can be going forward.

Also JJ Watt isn't the sole reason for taking a guard, but he's a significant one.

As to your 2nd point, To me if you have the power to neutralize a game changer, that makes you a game changer. I could argue that a great d-lineman can easily be neutralized if nobody else on the d-line is any good. Just because one person sacks the QB doesn't mean it was his effort alone that got him there.

People really should stop thinking about single handed impacts, this is a team sport. taking a guard at #10 makes our entire offense better. Which makes the entire team better. I know everyone wants Warford in the 2nd, myself included, but guess what? There are several teams picking around us, who need guard help but don't want to invest high. There is no guarantee that Warford will be available when we pick at #40.

Mel Kiper recently mocked us Cooper, Justin Hunter and Alex Okefor as our top 3 picks. I don't think Okefor falls to the 3rd, and I prefer Warmack to Cooper, but that's probably one of my favorite scenarios. That or Ziggy in the 1st, Warford in the 2nd, Quinton Patton in the 3rd

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
Niznag74 wrote:
This is all true before the rookie cap was in place. When you had to put out that much money you didn't want to spend it on a G, now you don't have to and you can take be best player even if they are a G. Getting the run game going, stopping Watt, and giving Locker time to pass all in one player, I'm all for it.

So much has been invested during the off season to complete the Titan's Offense puzzle. It seems we are lacking just one more piece (Warmack/Cooper) to completing it. On paper anyways. Why come up short? Finish the puzzle then focus on defense. My 2 cents.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But you and me are on the same page brother. Id take warmack or cooper at ten. It just makes too much sense to me. And I think all of us would love to get a defensive playmaker at ten and a top guard in the second. But like alot of ppl are saying, theres no guarantee that warford will be there. Our leverage is at its highest at pick ten. We can dictate our whole draft by taking one of the top guards and worrying about everything later.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanMan30 wrote:
TitanTuff wrote:
Niznag74 wrote:
This is all true before the rookie cap was in place. When you had to put out that much money you didn't want to spend it on a G, now you don't have to and you can take be best player even if they are a G. Getting the run game going, stopping Watt, and giving Locker time to pass all in one player, I'm all for it.

So much has been invested during the off season to complete the Titan's Offense puzzle. It seems we are lacking just one more piece (Warmack/Cooper) to completing it. On paper anyways. Why come up short? Finish the puzzle then focus on defense. My 2 cents.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But you and me are on the same page brother. Id take warmack or cooper at ten. It just makes too much sense to me. And I think all of us would love to get a defensive playmaker at ten and a top guard in the second. But like alot of ppl are saying, theres no guarantee that warford will be there. Our leverage is at its highest at pick ten. We can dictate our whole draft by taking one of the top guards and worrying about everything later.

I'm going to piggy-back on all 3 of these posts and 4th that notion. We need our offense to be consistent and back on track, and you do that by stabilizing the trenches. If you got a guy sitting at #10 who can help do that, then you do the smart thing and take him. It's just as much an investment as any position (outside of QB). I will say that if both OGs are still sitting there at #10, then you can chance trading back and still get one.
GatorCam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DT, CB, OG, and depth at DE are all much more important than WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: