Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Orakpo is back to 100%
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63097
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Brian Orakpo is back to 100% Reply with quote

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/04/13/washington-redskins-brian-orakpo-is-100-percent/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Brian Orakpo's loss last year was felt by the Redskins entire defense.
The sacks dipped from 41 to 32. 10th to 23rd, pass D dropped from 12th to 30th.

Brian Orakpo has told CSN Washington that he is back to 100%. It remains to be seen how much he will participate in OTAs on May 20th but the fact that rehab went well and he feels better than before the injury is a great thing.

Quote:
Orakpo told CSN Washington that his pectoral muscle is better and that he is 100% healthy and recovered from that injury, 的知 good, man, I知 feeling great. Rehab has been going tremendously well. I知 100-percent to be honest, I知 great, man, my body is feeling even better than what it was before as far as conditioning and strength-wise. Because one thing when you get hurt is you get to work on all the little muscles that you have a tendency to [overlook].

_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
spoiler41


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 307
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3816
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Brian Orakpo is back to 100% Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://nflspinzone.com/2013/04/13/washington-redskins-brian-orakpo-is-100-percent/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Brian Orakpo's loss last year was felt by the Redskins entire defense.
The sacks dipped from 41 to 32. 10th to 23rd, pass D dropped from 12th to 30th.

Brian Orakpo has told CSN Washington that he is back to 100%. It remains to be seen how much he will participate in OTAs on May 20th but the fact that rehab went well and he feels better than before the injury is a great thing.

Quote:
Orakpo told CSN Washington that his pectoral muscle is better and that he is 100% healthy and recovered from that injury, 的知 good, man, I知 feeling great. Rehab has been going tremendously well. I知 100-percent to be honest, I知 great, man, my body is feeling even better than what it was before as far as conditioning and strength-wise. Because one thing when you get hurt is you get to work on all the little muscles that you have a tendency to [overlook].


Cool. our D still gonna suck :/
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63097
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Brian Orakpo is back to 100% Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://nflspinzone.com/2013/04/13/washington-redskins-brian-orakpo-is-100-percent/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Brian Orakpo's loss last year was felt by the Redskins entire defense.
The sacks dipped from 41 to 32. 10th to 23rd, pass D dropped from 12th to 30th.

Brian Orakpo has told CSN Washington that he is back to 100%. It remains to be seen how much he will participate in OTAs on May 20th but the fact that rehab went well and he feels better than before the injury is a great thing.

Quote:
Orakpo told CSN Washington that his pectoral muscle is better and that he is 100% healthy and recovered from that injury, 的知 good, man, I知 feeling great. Rehab has been going tremendously well. I知 100-percent to be honest, I知 great, man, my body is feeling even better than what it was before as far as conditioning and strength-wise. Because one thing when you get hurt is you get to work on all the little muscles that you have a tendency to [overlook].


Cool. our D still gonna suck :/
nah. We'll be top 15, possibly top 10 because qbs won't have all day like they did when Rob Jackson and
Zo were rushing the passer opposite Kerrigan last year. Wink
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3816
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Brian Orakpo is back to 100% Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://nflspinzone.com/2013/04/13/washington-redskins-brian-orakpo-is-100-percent/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Brian Orakpo's loss last year was felt by the Redskins entire defense.
The sacks dipped from 41 to 32. 10th to 23rd, pass D dropped from 12th to 30th.

Brian Orakpo has told CSN Washington that he is back to 100%. It remains to be seen how much he will participate in OTAs on May 20th but the fact that rehab went well and he feels better than before the injury is a great thing.

Quote:
Orakpo told CSN Washington that his pectoral muscle is better and that he is 100% healthy and recovered from that injury, 的知 good, man, I知 feeling great. Rehab has been going tremendously well. I知 100-percent to be honest, I知 great, man, my body is feeling even better than what it was before as far as conditioning and strength-wise. Because one thing when you get hurt is you get to work on all the little muscles that you have a tendency to [overlook].


Cool. our D still gonna suck :/
nah. We'll be top 15, possibly top 10 because qbs won't have all day like they did when Rob Jackson and
Zo were rushing the passer opposite Kerrigan last year. Wink


Lol ok. But fact also is rob jackson 4 turn ovets where gme changing factors to our season. Im sorry if orakpo startded last year and unleas he got 4 turn overs like rob did idk if we would of went to the playoffs. Orakpo a better pass rusher but i doubt he"ll ma epur D alot better .
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63097
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Brian Orakpo is back to 100% Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://nflspinzone.com/2013/04/13/washington-redskins-brian-orakpo-is-100-percent/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Brian Orakpo's loss last year was felt by the Redskins entire defense.
The sacks dipped from 41 to 32. 10th to 23rd, pass D dropped from 12th to 30th.

Brian Orakpo has told CSN Washington that he is back to 100%. It remains to be seen how much he will participate in OTAs on May 20th but the fact that rehab went well and he feels better than before the injury is a great thing.

Quote:
Orakpo told CSN Washington that his pectoral muscle is better and that he is 100% healthy and recovered from that injury, 的知 good, man, I知 feeling great. Rehab has been going tremendously well. I知 100-percent to be honest, I知 great, man, my body is feeling even better than what it was before as far as conditioning and strength-wise. Because one thing when you get hurt is you get to work on all the little muscles that you have a tendency to [overlook].


Cool. our D still gonna suck :/
nah. We'll be top 15, possibly top 10 because qbs won't have all day like they did when Rob Jackson and
Zo were rushing the passer opposite Kerrigan last year. Wink


Lol ok. But fact also is rob jackson 4 turn ovets where gme changing factors to our season. Im sorry if orakpo startded last year and unleas he got 4 turn overs like rob did idk if we would of went to the playoffs. Orakpo a better pass rusher but i doubt he"ll ma epur D alot better .
yea, but if Orakpo had played all year he would have had 9+ sacks and much more pressure so the Qbs wouldn't have time to even get the pass off. Meaning a player wouldn't have a chance to get an interception.

Also, Fletcher had a few of those ints, but like to ish on him.

One of the ints Jackson had was vs the bengals in a loss, so that really wasn't a game changing play. Confused And you do know that w/o Hasslett (who you also ish on all year long) calling the zone blitzes dropping Jackson into coverage, Jackson doesn't even get a chance to make those ints.

Orakpo just makes the entire defense better because offenses have to game plan for him and he's the only person on our D you can say that about. He gets the attention so our DL and Kerrigan are freed up to get after the passer, more blockers focus on Orakpo so fletcher and Riley are more freed up to go after ball carriers on run plays. When the offense has to focus on Orakpo and the other 6 in the front 7 are freed up to go after the Qb it means that the wrs on the opposing offenses have less one to get open which means less pass yards against our defense.

Orakpo is the key.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3816
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you say Turtle. Our D will suck again its more likely than being top 10 . We have a crappy DC and a crappy FO on building defenses so.

our O should be nice tho Wink
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63097
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Whatever you say Turtle. Our D will suck again its more likely than being top 10 . We have a crappy DC and a crappy FO on building defenses so.

our O should be nice tho Wink
ok, I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong so I just can't do that bro. Wink

Talk to ya for a mid season report! Wink
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7009
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Whatever you say Turtle. Our D will suck again its more likely than being top 10 . We have a crappy DC and a crappy FO on building defenses so.

our O should be nice tho Wink
ok, I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong so I just can't do that bro. Wink

Talk to ya for a mid season report! Wink
Do you remember the sketch on Chapelle show, the playa haters ball? I nominate Dashing as Silky Johnson, AKA playa hater of the year.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63097
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Whatever you say Turtle. Our D will suck again its more likely than being top 10 . We have a crappy DC and a crappy FO on building defenses so.

our O should be nice tho Wink
ok, I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong so I just can't do that bro. Wink

Talk to ya for a mid season report! Wink
Do you remember the sketch on Chapelle show, the playa haters ball? I nominate Dashing as Silky Johnson, AKA playa hater of the year.
Laughing I like Dashing, I just have problems agreeing with him. Lmao

It's like 90% of the time he's wrong every time! Wink
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7009
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Whatever you say Turtle. Our D will suck again its more likely than being top 10 . We have a crappy DC and a crappy FO on building defenses so.

our O should be nice tho Wink
ok, I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong so I just can't do that bro. Wink

Talk to ya for a mid season report! Wink
Do you remember the sketch on Chapelle show, the playa haters ball? I nominate Dashing as Silky Johnson, AKA playa hater of the year.
Laughing I like Dashing, I just have problems agreeing with him. Lmao

It's like 90% of the time he's wrong every time! Wink
Its made with bits of real panther, so you know its good.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aceinthehouse


Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 2858
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks are awesome.
Fun to watch and make your guy, look like a stud.

But give me the caused turnovers any day of week.
That's what wins games and championships, imo.

Is Jackson a better football player than Orakpo? Hell no

But did Jacksons key HUGE caused turnovers, impact the Redskins enough to make the Playoffs and win division? You could argue it.

My brother (giants fan) and myself sat down yesterday and watched the Redskins @ Giants loss last yr. (Our only division loss)

I'll be damn if Jackson didn't pick off Eli manning JUST LIKE the Romo clincher pick in finale.
(When I say just like...I mean...switch the Giants jersey to Cowboys and it's the same play.

That set up the Santana Moss TD, that SHOULD have won the game.

Give me Jacksons Picks & forced turnovers ANY DAY over Orakpo's 10-15 sack seasons.

Those are just my thoughts.

Any time you put the ball back in RG3's hands, you're doing something right.
Giving him extra possessions, is almost not fair.

But I'm glad we have both back!

But Jackson my good fellow redskin fans, comes up big when you need it most.
..and those are the players I want on this team.

Hopefully Orakpo can do the same, but i haven't seen it..sorry.

With the exception to the Holding call he had against him VS dallas a couple yrs ago at the end of the game where Dallas should have won.

But the holding call against Orakpo, won us the game.

That's the only BIG play, I can remember from Orakpo.
That's not good...guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7009
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Sacks are awesome.
Fun to watch and make your guy, look like a stud.

But give me the caused turnovers any day of week.
That's what wins games and championships, imo.

Is Jackson a better football player than Orakpo? Hell no

But did Jacksons key HUGE caused turnovers, impact the Redskins enough to make the Playoffs and win division? You could argue it.

My brother (giants fan) and myself sat down yesterday and watched the Redskins @ Giants loss last yr. (Our only division loss)

I'll be damn if Jackson didn't pick off Eli manning JUST LIKE the Romo clincher pick in finale.
(When I say just like...I mean...switch the Giants jersey to Cowboys and it's the same play.

That set up the Santana Moss TD, that SHOULD have won the game.

Give me Jacksons Picks & forced turnovers ANY DAY over Orakpo's 10-15 sack seasons.

Those are just my thoughts.

Any time you put the ball back in RG3's hands, you're doing something right.
Giving him extra possessions, is almost not fair.

But I'm glad we have both back!

But Jackson my good fellow redskin fans, comes up big when you need it most.
..and those are the players I want on this team.

Hopefully Orakpo can do the same, but i haven't seen it..sorry.

With the exception to the Holding call he had against him VS dallas a couple yrs ago at the end of the game where Dallas should have won.

But the holding call against Orakpo, won us the game.

That's the only BIG play, I can remember from Orakpo.
That's not good...guys.
Jackson had 4 TOs, yes. But Orakpos pressure causes the QB to make quick bad decisions which allows other players to turn the ball over. Finding good pass rushers is difficult. Orakpo is a better player than Jackson. I don't get why people keep arguing this.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63097
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They only started running a lot of Zone blitzing last year. Orakpo was doing it in the saints and Stl games and nearly had two diving ints.

If Orakpo has a ball thrown right to him in the flat because he's asked to cover the area by Hasslett, he'll pick it off also.

I bet the qb won't throw that pass though. You want to know why?

Because offenses, especially QBs key on Orakpo, they don't worry about Rob Jackson. Jackson can sneak around the front 7 and not get noticed. Orakpo will always be accounted for
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7009
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also in prior years we weren't nearly as competitive. Teams were running the ball on us a lot late in games to run the clock out because they had the lead. Pass rushers get their chance to shine late in games when other teams have to pass the ball. We didn't have that happening in prior years as much because we didn't have a QB and were always losing.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group