Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DO OVER ... DRAFT of 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: DO OVER ... DRAFT of 2006 Reply with quote

I figured to get a break from the various mock drafts I'd start a thread to review prior drafts and see how things could have played out in hindsight. So the purpose of this thread is to see what everyone's thoughts are on how the draft should have gone (in hindsight) with the restriction that any player replaced by our actual pick must have been chosen AFTER our selection for that particular round. That way it makes it more realistic that the Giants could have selected said player in that round. I used Wikipedia for the order the players were selected, and if the Giants had an opportunity to do it all over again (I never loved the Kiwi pick then and now) for me, the draft would look as follows (I am strictly going BPA--including UFAs, and I am not assuming I am making any trades):

1) DeMeco Ryans (I didn't like the Kiwi pick. I get and agree with the "you can never have enough pass rushers" mentality but I didn't like Kiwi coming out of BC and when he has played with his hand in the dirt he never has been an standout. Serviceable, but never special.

2) Devin Hester. I know of no Giants fan that liked Sinorice Moss when he was with the team. I was surprised when the Giants traded up to get him and he busted for such a high investment.

3) Jhari Evans. Gerris Wilkinson always seemed injured. He reminds me a bit of Boley. Like Moss, wilkinson overstayed his welcome with the Giants.

4) Barry Cofield. This is the only pick that I would keep. Looking at that draft I can see a bunch of other players you guys might like here but I liked Cofield at this pick and hate that he's playing for the Skins.

4) Willie Colon. Physically, Guy Wimper reminds me a bit of Beatty. He just took to long to develop then he left to the Jags and played semi-decent.

5) Delanie Walker. Charlie Peprah didn't last long with the Giants. I've expressed my man-crush with Walker. Dude is a baller. Not a need position at the time and there other players you guys may like here but Walker is one heck of a football player.

6) no pick-- trade up for Moss.

7) Traemon Williams. This was a tough pick because there is ALOT of talent after we selected Gerris MacPhereson here. Williams is the type of gritty CB I always hope that the Giants select and every time we pick a corner. He is physical.

Thoughts? What would you do differently (I was kind of bored) It really shows how much of a crapshoot the draft is but imagine hitting on all 7 picks?
Surprised

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take mjd with our second.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sheesh

1. MJD
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Elvis Dumervil
4. Kyle Williams
5. Antoine Bethea
6. N/A
7. Trade it Laughing

I mean in a perfect world these guys are probably who I would go with as of now.

We the North
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Andrew Witworth OT
2. Maurice Jones-Drew RB
3. Jahri Evans OG
4. Elvis Dumervil DE
4. Kyle Williams DT
5. Antoine Bethea S
7. Marques Colston WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: