Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Ivory visited with Jets...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krewebrees

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
krewebrees wrote:
He is the best back we have and should be one. Hopefully in Payton's time off he realized this and fixes it if he stays.

That could not be further from the truth. He is the best power/downhill runner we have, yes. Best overall RB, hell no. I will take Pierre Thomas over Ivory EVERY DAY. Shiftier, breaks more tackles, quicker, better blocker, better catching out of the backfield, and in the screen game (which we utilize a lot) he is a Top 5 screen RB in the NFL. Plus he doesn't have the injury concerns that Ivory has.

Ivory does one thing great, run downhill. Thomas does everything very good. Give me Thomas over the one trick pony.

And don't get me wrong, I love Ivory, but he is due a starting opportunity and that just isn't with this team due to his one dimensional nature.

Obviously the back we all want catching screen is Sproles not Thomas or Ivory, but with a plethora of backs we don't need veritility as much. The Last two seasons our backs just played to their strengths. I could tell exactly what we were going to run based on the personnel and formation. I bet the defense could too and we still had the best offense in the league with the defense knowing what we were going to do over half the time. With Ivory he will likely go behind the fullback up the middle as he should most of the time. That's his strength. I don't care if the defense knows, I would be shocked if they didn't last year and he still averaged 5 yards a run.

With Payton saying he wants to commit more to the run the backs we would be using more would be Ivory and Ingram for actually running. Not throwing to the back. Although we have had success doing that in the past and I feel we should continue, Payton wants to commit to the run and Ivory and Ingram would help with that more.

We have Sproles for receiving and outside running when we choose to. Ivory and Ingram for short yardage and up the middle. Thomas is good at everything ill give u that but he's get older and doesn't do anything great. Yeah we become predicable, but we've been predictable, at least to me.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjdodiajdjdisosid I want to scream at all of you. Pierre Thomas doesn't do anything great? Are you kidding me? Do you guys watch Pierre play?! If he was given 20 carries a game, he's a top 10 HB no doubt in my mind. He's so underrated, even Saints fans underrate him. Good lord.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
thesolution

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshawn Lynch wad traded for 4th and 6th round pick.. You think you are getting a 4th are better than you losing it. A 5th is what we should be expecting.. Hopefully we get more..

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
Marshawn Lynch wad traded for 4th and 6th round pick.. You think you are getting a 4th are better than you losing it. A 5th is what we should be expecting.. Hopefully we get more..

Lynch was also a bit of a headache in Buffalo, I seem to remember him getting into quite a bit of trouble. Ivory doesn't have any baggage at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
thesolution wrote:

Lynch was also a bit of a headache in Buffalo, I seem to remember him getting into quite a bit of trouble. Ivory doesn't have any baggage at all.

Even still, Ivory doesn't have his production and he's also 2yrs older than Lynch when he got traded.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
thesolution wrote:

Even still, Ivory doesn't have his production and he's also 2yrs older than Lynch when he got traded.

2 years older but barely a fraction of the wear and tear. Lynch had more touches in his rookie season than Ivory has had in his career.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Saints can't get a 2nd round pick for Ivory, would you settle for 2nd round value?

Quote:
The New Orleans Times-Picayune believes the Saints are unlikely to trade restricted free agent Chris Ivory to the Jets for less than a fourth-round pick, and will err on the side of keeping him.
Beat writer Mike Triplett thinks the Saints will at least listen if the Jets offer a fourth-round pick or better. Triplett also floats the possibility of a "trade up" scenario, where the Saints flip Ivory and their third-round pick for the Jets' second-rounder. That's likely the only way New Orleans could pry away Gang Green's second-round pick.

Say the Saints trade Ivory and their 3rd round pick (75) to the Jets for their 2nd round selection (39). The Saints get the value of a late 2nd rounder while the Jets get their guy without giving up a draft pick... only draft positioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
If the Saints can't get a 2nd round pick for Ivory, would you settle for 2nd round value?

Quote:
The New Orleans Times-Picayune believes the Saints are unlikely to trade restricted free agent Chris Ivory to the Jets for less than a fourth-round pick, and will err on the side of keeping him.
Beat writer Mike Triplett thinks the Saints will at least listen if the Jets offer a fourth-round pick or better. Triplett also floats the possibility of a "trade up" scenario, where the Saints flip Ivory and their third-round pick for the Jets' second-rounder. That's likely the only way New Orleans could pry away Gang Green's second-round pick.

Say the Saints trade Ivory and their 3rd round pick (75) to the Jets for their 2nd round selection (39). The Saints get the value of a late 2nd rounder while the Jets get their guy without giving up a draft pick... only draft positioning.

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that deal we could walk away with JJ and one of the top safeties... I'd love it

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
With that deal we could walk away with JJ and one of the top safeties... I'd love it

Trudat to the Whodat!

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ at 15 and Elam at 39! Shocked

Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

JJ at 15... Trade up if necessary to draft Datone Jones and we'd have one HELL of a front 7... Drool

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

JJ at 15... Trade up if necessary to draft Datone Jones and we'd have one HELL of a front 7... Drool

THIS

Datone Jones has quickly become my draft man crush this year... dude is a monster!

spanky3801

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a dream world we could trade Ivory and our 4th for their 2nd.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Trudat to the Whodat!

This would make me a happy man.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: