Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Ivory visited with Jets...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Chris Ivory visited with Jets... Reply with quote

Quote:
Restricted free agent RB Chris Ivory visited the Jets on Friday.
Ivory was tendered at the second-round level, so the Jets would have to surrender the No. 39 overall pick to sign him. It's hard to see rookie GM John Idzik giving up picks -- especially a high one -- when his squad is short on talent and low on picks. We suppose he could give up the selection if Darrelle Revis nets the Jets an early-round pick in the 2013 draft from the Bucs, but a trade would have to be worked out by the April 19 RFA deadline. Ivory would be an early-down bruiser to pair with speed back Mike Goodson. The 25-year-old has averaged 5.1 YPC on 256 career totes. He's far underutilized in New Orleans.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

What do ya’ll make of this? I love Ivory but if the Jets are desperate enough to give up the 39th overall pick for him then I’m all for it!!!

Other options could be that the Saints either send Ivory to the Jets in a draft day trade in order to move up from 15th to 9th to secure the pass rusher they covet or they could settle for the Jets 3rd rounder as compensation (72nd pick) instead.

Either way, it’s fairly certain that the Jets would not be bringing him in at this point if there wasn’t serious interest.

Stay tuned…

PS: The more I think about this the more I feel there's no way the Jets give up such a high pick for Ivory but then on the other hand if Ivory was in this draft he'd easily be the top running back available especially with Lacy's proday and Lattimore's injury.

So having said that... how many backs will go between picks 33 & 64? If you think even one will then Ivory is worth a 2nd rounder. He's a 25 year old 6 ft 225 lb beast with speed and boast a 5.4 rush average. He'd clearly be a starter and impact player elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
wow_junky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to see him go but for a 4th or higher it would benefit the team massively so couldn't turn it down. Ingram improved in the second half of last season, but lacks the explosiveness of Ivory
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for Ivory. He's probably worth more than a 4th talent wise, but not if he's just gonna ride the pine. I don't know any team that wouldn't take a 4th for their #4 RB. The Saints should be the same.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very disappointed if all we got for Ivory was a 4th round pick. I see him as our best RB. Sproles isn't a conventional RB. Of the other 3 Ivory is in my opinion the best. I would give up our best RB for a 4th or even 3th. I'm torn for a second. I think Ingram will step up if Ivory leaves and we could use a second. I'd probably take an early second not a late. So I guess the jets wouldn't be terrible.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
NS922

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he goes I would like to see him go somewhere he wouldn't waste his talent...
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
I'd take their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for Ivory. He's probably worth more than a 4th talent wise, but not if he's just gonna ride the pine. I don't know any team that wouldn't take a 4th for their #4 RB. The Saints should be the same.

This story is growing longer legs TD...

Jets new GM John Idzik and Mickey Loomis are long time buddies, and while in Seattle Idzik had a big hand in the trade that brought Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks. Ivoy is a similar style of runner and it would seem to be a classic Idzik move.

Now reports are coming out that the Jets are very interested in Ivory and will make a trade offer to the Saints for him but not at a 2nd round level. Maybe a package of picks like a 4th and 6th or even a 3rd. Another interesting option is that Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan basically run the same type of defense so it's quite possible a defensive player could be part of the trade offer as well.

Seems that this deal is likely to get done and Im curious to see exactly what the Saints net in return for Ivory. We'll know by April 19th which is the deadline for RFA trades.

thesolution

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll either take a 3rd or a 4th and a 7th

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:

Agreed. I don't want anything less than that.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:

The Jets will obviously try to low ball the Saints but I don't see Loomis parting with Ivory for anything less than their 4th round pick (106) but even then they would likely have to throw in a 6th round pick as a sweetner.

If not, it's just better to keep Ivory... ya never know what could happen during a season but one thing is for sure, Loomis is not in the business of just giving good players away.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
thesolution wrote:

How bout this for a trade...

Saints trade Ivory & the 15th pick to the Jets for picks 9 & 106.

Saints have a 2nd round tender on Ivory and the cost to move up from 15 to 9 would be 200 points, add the 82 points that the 106 pick is worth and that brings the value up to 282 points which is a late 2nd round value for Ivory.

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
thesolution wrote:

Saints have a 2nd round tender on Ivory and the cost to move up from 15 to 9 would be 200 points, add the 82 points that the 106 pick is worth and that brings the value up to 282 points which is a late 2nd round value for Ivory.

No way the Jets take that. Yes we have a 2nd round tender on him, but no one believes he is worth a 2nd round pick. That is fact. I doubt we get more than a 4th for him, and I would take it happily although I would love it if we could squeeze a 3rd for him.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with a 4th, Ivory is a stud but he's a luxury with our HB depth

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
thesolution wrote:

No way the Jets take that. Yes we have a 2nd round tender on him, but no one believes he is worth a 2nd round pick. That is fact. I doubt we get more than a 4th for him, and I would take it happily although I would love it if we could squeeze a 3rd for him.

Why trade Ivory just for the sake of trading him... ask your self, if your starting a franchise and you were to invest a 2nd round pick on a runningback this year would you rather have Lacy, Bell, Ball, Lattimore or Ivory?

To me (and I understand this is my opinion) I'd take Ivory which puts his value in the second round. Understanding that we won't get a 2nd but should not accept nothing less than a 3rd unless the value can be meet in other ways by a package of picks, maybe a player of a move up in draft position.

For a 4th Id consider it because their (Jets) 4th is a higher end one but id be reluctant. Anything less than a 4th it would be thanks but no thanks. People act like were set at running back... yes we have depth but NO ONE has elevated themselves. Sproles is a specitality back, Thomas is aging, Ingram could be well on his way to the bust and injury prone label abd Cadet looks more like a receiver. Ivory is a very valued asset to this club and with Payton wanting to commit to the running game more in 2013 he will likely see his playing time increase.

Payton also said he's approaching this season like he did in 2006 were all positions outside of QB are open to competition and no one is safe because of their draft status so whos to say that Ivory won't win the starting RB job?

Looking at his value in this year its about right... I think hes better than any RB coming out of the draft. Will we get a 2nd for him, NO but yes we should strive to get equal value and if not, keep him and let him compete for the job.

thesolution

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I'd be happy with a 4th, Ivory is a stud but he's a luxury with our HB depth

I want more than just a 4th. I'll even consider a 5th, and a 6th.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A team with as many defensive needs as us can't afford to keep 4 HBs, especially when Ivory can just walk next year, which he easily would if handed a starting job.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: