Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets trade 4th round pick for Chris Ivory (Saints RB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Abe56


Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 7778
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets aren't trading a 2nd for him, but are trying to work out out a deal for him and trade a late pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/13/jets-hope-saints-will-take-a-late-round-pick-for-chris-ivory/
_________________
Adopt a Jet - Muhammad Wilkerson

34 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 12 QB Hits, 6 Stuffs, 3 PD



Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Do they not feel comfortable about Eddie Lacy being there at pick 39. Id rather have Lacy. But if the Jets can get Ivory for a mid round pick, that is probably a better deal for them to save pick 39 for a QB.

Why draft Lacy at 39 when you can get a better HB with a later pick? Ivory has been fantastic when he stays healthy, probably our best pure runner.

Yep. I honestly don't have much interest in Lazy. I think this is a pretty deep RB class, but there is no one worth the 39th pick IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48031
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any truth to this "Lazy" nickname or is it just a lame play on words type nickname to devalue a player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Is there any truth to this "Lazy" nickname or is it just a lame play on words type nickname to devalue a player.

He is pretty lazy. Showed up out of shape to his Pro Day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25071
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be a solid get. Definitely an upgrade over what they got.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83771
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phobixx wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I would bet my life's earns until I die that the Jets won't sign him to an offer sheet. Ivory is not worth the Jets high second rounder and the Jets would be fouls to risk that pick. Now if they choose not to sign him to an offer sheet but work out a trade with the Jets for say a 4th rounder, then that'd be much better. I'm a huge fan of Ivorys but he's not worth a high 2nd.


never say never with the Jets.


No one is that dumb, he isnt even a Top-30 RB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 22215
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Phobixx wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I would bet my life's earns until I die that the Jets won't sign him to an offer sheet. Ivory is not worth the Jets high second rounder and the Jets would be fouls to risk that pick. Now if they choose not to sign him to an offer sheet but work out a trade with the Jets for say a 4th rounder, then that'd be much better. I'm a huge fan of Ivorys but he's not worth a high 2nd.


never say never with the Jets.


No one is that dumb, he isnt even a Top-30 RB

He absolutely would be as a starter, he stays healthy as a starter and I expect nothing less than 1200 yards and 10 TDs
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10186
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Do they not feel comfortable about Eddie Lacy being there at pick 39. Id rather have Lacy. But if the Jets can get Ivory for a mid round pick, that is probably a better deal for them to save pick 39 for a QB.

Why draft Lacy at 39 when you can get a better HB with a later pick? Ivory has been fantastic when he stays healthy, probably our best pure runner.


There's your problem
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14090
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Is there any truth to this "Lazy" nickname or is it just a lame play on words type nickname to devalue a player.

He is pretty lazy. Showed up out of shape to his Pro Day.
He's been dealing with a partially torn hamstring. Can't blame him for not being in tip-top shape.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 22215
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Do they not feel comfortable about Eddie Lacy being there at pick 39. Id rather have Lacy. But if the Jets can get Ivory for a mid round pick, that is probably a better deal for them to save pick 39 for a QB.

Why draft Lacy at 39 when you can get a better HB with a later pick? Ivory has been fantastic when he stays healthy, probably our best pure runner.


There's your problem

He wasn't injured on 2011 or this past season at all... So, he's really not that injury prone. The guy runs like a freight train.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D.Revis24


Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 3793
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets aren't giving up a 2nd for him, they want to trade for him though.
_________________


Props to El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16636
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 5th or 4th rounder seems fair value for him at this point.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 22215
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for a 4th. Anything less and I'd be a little disappointed.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 4463
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I'm hoping for a 4th. Anything less and I'd be a little disappointed.


Same. I don't really expect a 2nd or 3rd, while it'd be nice, an injury prone RB who's 4th on the depth chart, it'd be dreaming to get anything higher.
_________________

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64234
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the jets would do this!

Just draft a RB in the mid rounds Rex! Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group