Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints restricted RB, Chris Ivory visited Jets on Friday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footballboss24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He reminds me of a faster marion barber in his prime... The jets could use an attitude guy like that.

Also with him and goodson we would have home run threats out of the backfield for the first time since leon

This team needs speed bring him in please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Another thing is that Ivory won't be getting all the carries. He will share carries with Goodson & Powell.

You dont trade for a RB like that to share carries with Powell... Goodson will be 3rd down back and Powell will get phased out

Also, Ivory got banged up sharing the carries with 3 other RB's (Thomas, Ingram, Sproles)

So, none of this is elleviating my anxiety that we are trading for a RB who wont necessarily be "injured", but always banged up and has to miss random games

Why not? it's not like we are trading for a back whole has proven to take the whole load for a full season. I agree Goodson will be the 3rd back, but he also avg 6.3 yds per carry behind a ZBS last season. He should get some carries & powell wasn't bad. I do think he will get less carries, but he will still get his if he is still on the roster.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it is just a matter of guys getting more carries and their bodies get more used to taking the hits. When a guy gets like 35 carries a year he doesn't get used to it.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Another thing is that Ivory won't be getting all the carries. He will share carries with Goodson & Powell.

You dont trade for a RB like that to share carries with Powell... Goodson will be 3rd down back and Powell will get phased out

Also, Ivory got banged up sharing the carries with 3 other RB's (Thomas, Ingram, Sproles)

So, none of this is elleviating my anxiety that we are trading for a RB who wont necessarily be "injured", but always banged up and has to miss random games

Why not? it's not like we are trading for a back whole has proven to take the whole load for a full season. I agree Goodson will be the 3rd back, but he also avg 6.3 yds per carry behind a ZBS last season. He should get some carries & powell wasn't bad. I do think he will get less carries, but he will still get his if he is still on the roster.

If the Jets thought Powell was good, they wouldnt be trading for an "early-down back"... It's quite obvious that Idzik doesn't see Powell as anything more than a back-up

Who can blame him, he's got absolutely no burst and is pedistrian in the worst possible way. He's fine to get 3-4 yds, but he'll never scare opposing teams and wont break off those big runs
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

If the Jets thought Powell was good, they wouldnt be trading for an "early-down back"... It's quite obvious that Idzik doesn't see Powell as anything more than a back-up

I didn't say he was good enough to start. But he will get some carries in the rotation. Ivory will be the starter no doubt & will get most of the carries, but not a huge amount. Unless he has a great season, then we will try to build around him.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I didn't say he was good enough to start. But he will get some carries in the rotation. Ivory will be the starter no doubt & will get most of the carries, but not a huge amount. Unless he has a great season, then we will try to build around him.

Ivory is 26, start building fast... RB's start losing a step at 30

Although the last RB we traded for worked out pretty nice for us (Thomas Jones anyone?)

Mostly, i just really want Zac Stacy and trading for Ivory pretty much guarantees that Stacy isn't a jet
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
What was Ivory's past injuries?

2010- 12 gp
2011- 6 gp
2012- 6 gp

maybe thats not.all injuries but i remember he has hamstring pulls and thungs like that.... he averaged 5.2 ypc as a rookie so.it.makes.no sense why he'd only.play in 6 games the next 2 seasons

Id rather stacy whose younger

Outsiders don't understand... Sean Payton is a very excellent but thick headed coach. He basically used Ivory more as a battering ram for short yardage than anything else. THat was all Ivory really did that fit well in our offense. With the complicated passing formations Payton utilizes it was always better to have guys like Bush, Sproles or Thomas in the game. Ivory did have a hammy and a concussion but he's not this injury prone guy he's made out to be.
Placed in a system that will utilize his skills, Ivory could be a top 10 back in the NFL. He's an extremely violent runner with the ball in his hands. Only Peterson and maybe Lynch run as violent as Ivory and at 6'0" 222lbs with his speed, Ivory is always a step away from the big play.

Honestly... Payton got trigger happy with the Ingram trade and he's stuck with that decision now because of the cap situation but given the chance to do it all over again, I'd bet he doesn't make that deal and there's no way were even considering trading Ivory right now.

Sadly this is the situation were in and we have a horrid defense and needs picks to rebuild. Sometimes ya gotta rob peter to pay paul I guess but I'm still gonna be sad to see Ivory go!

He was used ultra sparingly and still had a concussion and hamstring injuries.... imagine if he was actually used as a starting RB.... i like Mendenhall and Beanie Wells as runners, but i wouldn't trade a draft pick for either

I just dont see him staying healthy, he's gonna get nicked up and i dont know if he is the kind of RB that can take that kinda punishment (although watching him run it's obvious he can dish it out)

I think he's got tons of talent and if he was a FA i'd be gung-ho for nabbing him... but if i had to choose between Zac Stacy in the 5th and Ivory... i'd rather Stacy, just my opinion

Attached is his Nfl injury history. Also 3 years at Washington St he only played 22 games. At Tiffin he had a knee injury and missed the last half of their season.

No doubt he has talent but it seems like he's had injuries every year in college and pros. I wouldn't want to risk anything more than a 5th round pick

http://www.kffl.com/player/23292/nfl/injury_history/chris-ivory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ivory
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
What was Ivory's past injuries?

2010- 12 gp
2011- 6 gp
2012- 6 gp

maybe thats not.all injuries but i remember he has hamstring pulls and thungs like that.... he averaged 5.2 ypc as a rookie so.it.makes.no sense why he'd only.play in 6 games the next 2 seasons

Id rather stacy whose younger

Outsiders don't understand... Sean Payton is a very excellent but thick headed coach. He basically used Ivory more as a battering ram for short yardage than anything else. THat was all Ivory really did that fit well in our offense. With the complicated passing formations Payton utilizes it was always better to have guys like Bush, Sproles or Thomas in the game. Ivory did have a hammy and a concussion but he's not this injury prone guy he's made out to be.
Placed in a system that will utilize his skills, Ivory could be a top 10 back in the NFL. He's an extremely violent runner with the ball in his hands. Only Peterson and maybe Lynch run as violent as Ivory and at 6'0" 222lbs with his speed, Ivory is always a step away from the big play.

Honestly... Payton got trigger happy with the Ingram trade and he's stuck with that decision now because of the cap situation but given the chance to do it all over again, I'd bet he doesn't make that deal and there's no way were even considering trading Ivory right now.

Sadly this is the situation were in and we have a horrid defense and needs picks to rebuild. Sometimes ya gotta rob peter to pay paul I guess but I'm still gonna be sad to see Ivory go!

He was used ultra sparingly and still had a concussion and hamstring injuries.... imagine if he was actually used as a starting RB.... i like Mendenhall and Beanie Wells as runners, but i wouldn't trade a draft pick for either

I just dont see him staying healthy, he's gonna get nicked up and i dont know if he is the kind of RB that can take that kinda punishment (although watching him run it's obvious he can dish it out)

I think he's got tons of talent and if he was a FA i'd be gung-ho for nabbing him... but if i had to choose between Zac Stacy in the 5th and Ivory... i'd rather Stacy, just my opinion

Attached is his Nfl injury history. Also 3 years at Washington St he only played 22 games. At Tiffin he had a knee injury and missed the last half of their season.

No doubt he has talent but it seems like he's had injuries every year in college and pros. I wouldn't want to risk anything more than a 5th round pick

http://www.kffl.com/player/23292/nfl/injury_history/chris-ivory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ivory

why noy trade.powell and a 6th for ivory and take stacy in the 5th!

i really want stacy guys... ask green24, ive been saying his name for.a while
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Ivory is 26, start building fast... RB's start losing a step at 30

Although the last RB we traded for worked out pretty nice for us (Thomas Jones anyone?)

Mostly, i just really want Zac Stacy and trading for Ivory pretty much guarantees that Stacy isn't a jet

Me personally, I would have loved for us to draft one. This is a solid class. I think idzik is trying to fill the RB position with potential hopes to land a solid back without having to give up a good pick or player. That way we can focus on filling the other needs with the first 4 picks or so. So I'm not against getting Ivory for a late pick because he has shown flashes of big play ability.

Quote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

If it was a 6th rounder i'd be OK.... but the 5th round has been a notoriously good round to the Jets, i'd rather not lose anything more than a 6th

Honestly, I can understand not wanting to give up a 2nd or 3rd but there is no running back in this draft that is as game ready and has as much potential that Ivory does that you will land in the 4th to 5th round. Just my opinion, I may be a little basis here but I feel this RB class is very weak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

If it was a 6th rounder i'd be OK.... but the 5th round has been a notoriously good round to the Jets, i'd rather not lose anything more than a 6th

Honestly, I can understand not wanting to give up a 2nd or 3rd but there is no running back in this draft that is as game ready and has as much potential that Ivory does that you will land in the 4th to 5th round. Just my opinion, I may be a little basis here but I feel this RB class is very weak.

You are right he is more game ready, but this class is deep as F.

If we were in a win now mode I'd be 100% Ivory. With rebuilding I might lean towards drafting a guy but I still like Ivory. Just don't want to overpay.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

You are right he is more game ready, but this class is deep as F.

If we were in a win now mode I'd be 100% Ivory. With rebuilding I might lean towards drafting a guy but I still like Ivory. Just don't want to overpay.

Exactly.... and RB's are normally pretty game ready for the NFL... the learning curve for RB's is normally not very steep at all

There's several 5th-7th round RB's i think can immeidately contribute as much as Ivory (Stacy, Mayonset, Knile Davis maybe, ect)
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik being an idiot gets more and more sense.
richie jets

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They gave up a 4th for a punt protector , why the heck not give up a 5 or even a 4th for ivory
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
They gave up a 4th for a punt protector , why the heck not give up a 5 or even a 4th for ivory

4th, 6th, and cash.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: