Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints restricted RB, Chris Ivory visited Jets on Friday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the 5th gets it done
green24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@RichCimini
Sense I get is that Ivory-to-Jets trade likely to happen. I think #Jets would gladly do it for a 5th rounder.

Even Debbie thinks we can get him.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do this for a 5th I'll be estatic
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
John Idzik is about to trade for Chris Ivory and turn him into our Marshawn Lynch. He is going to build this team the same way the Seahawks were built during his time there.

which means the offensive line will be the priority this year thats why I think he loves Cooper

but who will be his Russell Wilson

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
If we do this for a 5th I'll be estatic

As a Saints fan, I'm ready for Ivory to get his shot even if it isn't with us. Dude has far to much talent to sit and waste away on the bench and in an offense that doesn't suit his skill set.

I'd love for this deal to get done for all 3 parties involved... Saints, Jets & Ivory! What i'm hearing though is that Loomis (Saints GM) will stick to his guns and except no less than a 4th round pick for his services. Mickey is a very shrud GM when it comes to these things and I believe that he'll have no qualms about not dealing Ivory if he doesn't get what he feels is fair value in return.

Having said that, I believe Ivory is worth a 2nd rounder. Not that I feel the Saints will get that... Just that I feel he's that talented. I would imagine that the Jets are offering a 5th knowing Loomis wants a 4th. It's just a matter of who budges first and if history means anything, it won't be Loomis.

For all that's involved though, I hope they come to a agreement soon because all would benefit from this in my opinion.

Anyway, good luck next season fellas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
John Idzik is about to trade for Chris Ivory and turn him into our Marshawn Lynch. He is going to build this team the same way the Seahawks were built during his time there.

which means the offensive line will be the priority this year thats why I think he loves Cooper

but who will be his Russell Wilson

Yeah I already think Cooper or Warmack will be our 1st pick unless Dion some how falls to us. I'm a huge fan of Cooper in this scheme fit, but would be happy with either.

If this Revis trade go through, I think we will pick a QB in the 3rd. Maybe someone like Dysert, Landry Jones, or Tyler Wilson . Maybe they will fit MM's system. I trust his judgement on QB's . Maybe we will get lucky and find a perfect fit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id personally rather zac stacy in the 5th than trade for ivory... i worry he.wont stay healthy
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was Ivory's past injuries?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

2010- 12 gp
2011- 6 gp
2012- 6 gp

maybe thats not.all injuries but i remember he has hamstring pulls and thungs like that.... he averaged 5.2 ypc as a rookie so.it.makes.no sense why he'd only.play in 6 games the next 2 seasons

Id rather stacy whose younger
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

2010- 12 gp
2011- 6 gp
2012- 6 gp

maybe thats not.all injuries but i remember he has hamstring pulls and thungs like that.... he averaged 5.2 ypc as a rookie so.it.makes.no sense why he'd only.play in 6 games the next 2 seasons

If it's something like Hamstring injuries, then it's nothing to worry about. The only injuries that continue to hurt players long term is knee, Ankle, and shoulder related injuries.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

2010- 12 gp
2011- 6 gp
2012- 6 gp

Outsiders don't understand... Sean Payton is a very excellent but thick headed coach. He basically used Ivory more as a battering ram for short yardage than anything else. THat was all Ivory really did that fit well in our offense. With the complicated passing formations Payton utilizes it was always better to have guys like Bush, Sproles or Thomas in the game. Ivory did have a hammy and a concussion but he's not this injury prone guy he's made out to be.

Placed in a system that will utilize his skills, Ivory could be a top 10 back in the NFL. He's an extremely violent runner with the ball in his hands. Only Peterson and maybe Lynch run as violent as Ivory and at 6'0" 222lbs with his speed, Ivory is always a step away from the big play.

Honestly... Payton got trigger happy with the Ingram trade and he's stuck with that decision now because of the cap situation but given the chance to do it all over again, I'd bet he doesn't make that deal and there's no way were even considering trading Ivory right now.

Sadly this is the situation were in and we have a horrid defense and needs picks to rebuild. Sometimes ya gotta rob peter to pay paul I guess but I'm still gonna be sad to see Ivory go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

2010- 12 gp
2011- 6 gp
2012- 6 gp

Outsiders don't understand... Sean Payton is a very excellent but thick headed coach. He basically used Ivory more as a battering ram for short yardage than anything else. THat was all Ivory really did that fit well in our offense. With the complicated passing formations Payton utilizes it was always better to have guys like Bush, Sproles or Thomas in the game. Ivory did have a hammy and a concussion but he's not this injury prone guy he's made out to be.

Placed in a system that will utilize his skills, Ivory could be a top 10 back in the NFL. He's an extremely violent runner with the ball in his hands. Only Peterson and maybe Lynch run as violent as Ivory and at 6'0" 222lbs with his speed, Ivory is always a step away from the big play.

Honestly... Payton got trigger happy with the Ingram trade and he's stuck with that decision now because of the cap situation but given the chance to do it all over again, I'd bet he doesn't make that deal and there's no way were even considering trading Ivory right now.

Sadly this is the situation were in and we have a horrid defense and needs picks to rebuild. Sometimes ya gotta rob peter to pay paul I guess but I'm still gonna be sad to see Ivory go!

that makes sense. I didn't think his lack of playing time was do to injuries. I've watched him rip big runs against the Falcons a few times. I think he can become a great player when given the right amount of carries. Before the offseason, I was thinking Thomas was going to be traded.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

2010- 12 gp
2011- 6 gp
2012- 6 gp

He was used ultra sparingly and still had a concussion and hamstring injuries.... imagine if he was actually used as a starting RB.... i like Mendenhall and Beanie Wells as runners, but i wouldn't trade a draft pick for either

I just dont see him staying healthy, he's gonna get nicked up and i dont know if he is the kind of RB that can take that kinda punishment (although watching him run it's obvious he can dish it out)

I think he's got tons of talent and if he was a FA i'd be gung-ho for nabbing him... but if i had to choose between Zac Stacy in the 5th and Ivory... i'd rather Stacy, just my opinion
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing is that Ivory won't be getting all the carries. He will share carries with Goodson & Powell.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Another thing is that Ivory won't be getting all the carries. He will share carries with Goodson & Powell.

You dont trade for a RB like that to share carries with Powell... Goodson will be 3rd down back and Powell will get phased out

Also, Ivory got banged up sharing the carries with 3 other RB's (Thomas, Ingram, Sproles)

So, none of this is elleviating my anxiety that we are trading for a RB who wont necessarily be "injured", but always banged up and has to miss random games

If it was a 6th rounder i'd be OK.... but the 5th round has been a notoriously good round to the Jets, i'd rather not lose anything more than a 6th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: