Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints restricted RB, Chris Ivory visited Jets on Friday
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Saints restricted RB, Chris Ivory visited Jets on Friday Reply with quote

Restricted free agent RB Chris Ivory visited the Jets on Friday.

Ivory was tendered at the second-round level, so the Jets would have to surrender the No. 39 overall pick to sign him. It's hard to see rookie GM John Idzik giving up picks -- especially a high one -- when his squad is short on talent and low on picks. We suppose he could give up the selection if Darrelle Revis nets the Jets an early-round pick in the 2013 draft from the Bucs, but a trade would have to be worked out by the April 19 RFA deadline. Ivory would be an early-down bruiser to pair with speed back Mike Goodson. The 25-year-old has averaged 5.1 YPC on 256 career totes. He's far underutilized in New Orleans

https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/status/322927899646758913
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly doubt this comes of anything
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
I honestly doubt this comes of anything

agreed, no reason to risk a 2nd rounder on him when we can draft someone later on who's more versatile

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see us giving up pick 39. Maybe we intend to work out a trade with the Saints for him involving different compensation.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can't see us giving up our 2nd unless we are planning to get another from the Revis trade or we offer something else the Saints would like.

When we hired Idzik, I wondered if he would trade for a RB we could potentially build around. Almost like Seattle and Lynch. It's hard to tell how good Ivory really is because of the lack of carries he got. I would rather draft one, but I wouldn't hate the idea of getting Ivory if we didn't give up our 2nd.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Yeah I can't see us giving up our 2nd unless we are planning to get another from the Revis trade or we offer something else the Saints would like.

When we hired Idzik, I wondered if he would trade for a RB we could potentially build around. Almost like Seattle and Lynch. It's hard to tell how good Ivory really is because of the lack of carries he got. I would rather draft one, but I wouldn't hate the idea of getting Ivory if we didn't give up our 2nd.

Part of me rather have Lacy at 39 if that is the cost.

Mack on the Sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Part of me rather have Lacy at 39 if that is the cost.

yeah, there are a few backs in this draft I like that we could get in the 2nd. There are a lot of good prospects between rounds 2nd-5th. We could very well draft potential day one starters in those rounds in positions OLB, OG, Safety, TE, and RB.

But if we could get Ivory without giving up a high pick in this year's draft, then I won't be mad at all. If we give up a 2nd, then I'll be pissed and probably hate Idzik unless Ivory breaks records.

Quote:
JMG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Part of me rather have Lazy at 39 if that is the cost.
FIFY

[]_[] Family
skrILL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivory is a stud and I had him in a ton of mocks but 39 is way too steep for his services.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
JMG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Ivory is a stud and I had him in a ton of mocks but 39 is way too steep for his services.
Yeah he's a really good player. If we could get him for a 4th Round Pick I'd love it, but that's not happening Laughing

I perfer not to give up a high pick for a RB in his mid 20's.

[]_[] Family
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivory won't commit to any more expensive than 2nd round tender but Saints could match the offering sheet or make a swap for defensive help like Kendrick Ellis or Kyle Wilson or whoever.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Ivory won't commit to any more expensive than 2nd round tender but Saints could match the offering sheet or make a swap for defensive help like Kendrick Ellis or Kyle Wilson or whoever.

I don't think I'll be mad if we offered Wilson for him.

Quote:
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

That with moving Revis and we definitely will draft a CB
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just no. I like Chris Ivory quite a bit, but an early second rounder for him is absurd. I think he is a good back, but I also think playing in NO makes guys look a bit better than they are. No D is playing the run against NO, I feel like he probably got most of his carries against a nickel D. We don't have Drew Brees to make a RB's life easier.

On top of that at 39 we could pretty much have our pick of the entire draft of RB's. MAYBE Lacy would be gone.. maybe, but other than that no RB is going that early. I would prefer Lacy, or Franklin in the second. Or Michael, or Ellington in the 3rd or 4th.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

That with moving Revis and we definitely will draft a CB

We will draft CB for sure. Problem is who?

I don't want a first round CB because 1st round draftee replacing Revis is brutal. 3rd-5th round make sense with Crocker being given a shot for starting job. Maybe Jets flood in front 7 instead of offensive side to camouflage this problem. lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: