Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins only 7 round mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4716/fred-davis

Fred Davis (Achilles) expects to be cleared for full activity in June.

Quote:
Davis tore his left Achilles' in the Week 7 loss to the Giants. He appears to be well ahead of the normal timeline, as he's already running and is expected to be a full participant in training camp. The cap-strapped Redskins' willingness to give Davis a $1.5M signing bonus shows they're confident he will be their starting tight end come Week 1. Logan Paulsen got a $1.1M signing bonus.

Apr 2 - 8:41 AM

Source: Washington Post
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Jonathon Cyprien S
3. Darius Slay CB
4. TJ McDonald S
5. Terry Hawthorne CB
5. AJ Klien ILB
6. Reid Fragle OT
7. Marquess Wilson WR

Lets face it,This draft makes the most sense for our current needs.The top 4 could contribute right away the other 3 would be developemental with upside.
TKellion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 Pick 19: Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International (A)
Round 3 Pick 23: Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 4 Pick 22: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 5 Pick 21: T.J. McDonald, FS, Southern California (A-)
Round 5 Pick 29: Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State (A)
Round 6 Pick 26 (SEA): Kwame Geathers, DT, Georgia (A)
Round 7 Pick 14 (SEA): Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 22: Lerentee McCray, OLB, Florida (A)----I would be a happy Redskin fan if our draft fell that way Twisted Evil
Round 3 Pick 3 (DET): Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 23: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 14 (MIA): Brian Schwenke, C, California (A)
Round 4 Pick 22: Everett Dawkins, DT, Florida State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 13 (MIA): Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State (A)
Round 5 Pick 21: T.J. McDonald, FS, Southern California (A-)
Round 5 Pick 29: Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State (A)
Round 6 Pick 23: Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State (A)
Round 7 Pick 22: Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State (A)-----Or like this
Twisted Evil
PSID412

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
3. Philip Thomas FS Fresno State
4. Josh Evans S Florida
5. AJ Klien ILB Iowa State
5. Aaron Mellette WR Elon
6. Khaled Holmes OC USC
7. Travis Long OLB Washington State

Mine

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
2. Jonathon Cyprien S
3. Darius Slay CB
4. TJ McDonald S
5. Terry Hawthorne CB
5. AJ Klien ILB
6. Reid Fragle OT
7. Marquess Wilson WR

Lets face it,This draft makes the most sense for our current needs.The top 4 could contribute right away the other 3 would be developemental with upside.
I think 2 and 3 would contribute right away. A starter and
Possibly our nickle cb

The 4th and 5th round picks would be depth, like last cb and S on the depth chart.

I'm really not sure we need 4 DBs, but I agree it doesn't hurt.

We do have some bodies at the DB positons. Some are questionmarks but it looks as though we will have the same starting cbs and Biggers could be the nickle or Slay. Hawthorne would compete with Crawford, Murphy and Minifield for the #5 spot.

With safety I guess we'd have Cyprien at FS or SS and Meriweather at the other spot, then TJ McDonald would back up the FS spot and Doughty, Gomes or Bernstine would back up SS.

We still have Jordan Pugh to compete at safety as well. Competition would be good
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TKellion wrote:
2. Jonathon Cyprien S
3. Darius Slay CB
4. TJ McDonald S
5. Terry Hawthorne CB
5. AJ Klien ILB
6. Reid Fragle OT
7. Marquess Wilson WR

Possibly our nickle cb

The 4th and 5th round picks would be depth, like last cb and S on the depth chart.

We do have some bodies at the DB positons. Some are questionmarks but it looks as though we will have the same starting cbs and Biggers could be the nickle or Slay. Hawthorne would compete with Crawford, Murphy and Minifield for the #5 spot.

With safety I guess we'd have Cyprien at FS or SS and Meriweather at the other spot, then TJ McDonald would back up the FS spot and Doughty, Gomes or Bernstine would back up SS.

We still have Jordan Pugh to compete at safety as well. Competition would be good
Well turtle I think that Hall and Wilson are both gone after this next season.Biggers may also be a 1 year wonder depending on performance this coming season.So that would mean Crawford,Minnifield and Murphy plus whoever we draft this year at CB going into the next offseason.As far as the two safeties go,I believe that Cyprien starts at FS with BM at SS for next season.Cyprien and McDonald can play both FS and SS but I believe McDonald projects better at SS.What is Bernstine projected as>FS or SS?Doughty,Gomes and Pugh are SS so we need depth at FS. Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TKellion wrote:
2. Jonathon Cyprien S
3. Darius Slay CB
4. TJ McDonald S
5. Terry Hawthorne CB
5. AJ Klien ILB
6. Reid Fragle OT
7. Marquess Wilson WR

Possibly our nickle cb

Well turtle I think that Hall and Wilson are both gone after this next season.Biggers may also be a 1 year wonder depending on performance this coming season.So that would mean Crawford,Minnifield and Murphy plus whoever we draft this year at CB going into the next offseason.As far as the two safeties go,I believe that Cyprien starts at FS with BM at SS for next season.Cyprien and McDonald can play both FS and SS but I believe McDonald projects better at SS.What is Bernstine projected as>FS or SS?Doughty,Gomes and Pugh are SS so we need depth at FS. Twisted Evil
very true, good points. I'm not sure which Pugh plays at this point, we had him at FS some last year and from what I saw he played decent.

Bernstine is an enigma to me also in terms of what posiiton he will play but, the medical staff and training staff definitely worked hard to get him back because they see him as part of our future. I see him or Gomes as possibly our future SS if everything would work out the way we wanted it to. That's why I don't think we will draft a SS but for a late round developmental pick this draft, the ones we draft will be FS prospects
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I have seen nothing from Gomes to say he will get another contract from us. I hope he proves me wrong, but he is not great against the pass or run. I would really love to Bernstine come back and be able to contribute.

My latest mock....

2 DJ Swearinger
3 Logan Ryan
4 AJ Klein
5 Ace Sanders
5 Sanders Commings
6 Kwame Gathers
7 Micha Hyde
Yes I have us taking 3 corners....
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
IMO I have seen nothing from Gomes to say he will get another contract from us. I hope he proves me wrong, but he is not great against the pass or run. I would really love to Bernstine come back and be able to contribute.

My latest mock....

2 DJ Swearinger
3 Logan Ryan
4 AJ Klein
5 Ace Sanders
5 Sanders Commings
6 Kwame Gathers
7 Micha Hyde
Yes I have us taking 3 corners....
yeah, I have to admit my faith in Gomes is pretty blind at this point.

I like you're mock. If we're going to take 3cbs, one has to be a 7th IMO and will likely be on the practice squad this year.

Of course I'd love Kwame Geathers in the 6th, but I don't see him getting out of the 4th
bowilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 David Amerson CB
3 Phillip Thomas FS or Bacarri Rambo FS
4 Brennan Williams OT
5 Josh Boyce WR
5 Kwame Gathers DT
6 Michael Williams TE
7 Ray Ray Armstrong SS

This is my 2013 mock draft. I was a little torn for the 2nd round pick, but I like Amerson's versatility in the secondary. I love his size at 6'2". With Amerson we could move Hall into the slot and put Wilson and Amerson on the outside. Josh Boyce could turn out to be a steal in the 5th and Ray Ray Armstrong had late first, early second round potential until his off the field issues at Miami. Ray Ray might be the STEAL of the entire draft and could clement a spot at SS for years to come for the Redskins.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson wrote:
2 David Amerson CB
4 Brennan Williams OT
5 Josh Boyce WR
5 Kwame Gathers DT
6 Michael Williams TE
7 Ray Ray Armstrong SS

This is my 2013 mock draft. I was a little torn for the 2nd round pick, but I like Amerson's versatility in the secondary. I love his size at 6'2". With Amerson we could move Hall into the slot and put Wilson and Amerson on the outside. Josh Boyce could turn out to be a steal in the 5th and Ray Ray Armstrong had late first, early second round potential until his off the field issues at Miami. Ray Ray might be the STEAL of the entire draft and could clement a spot at SS for years to come for the Redskins.
I like it. I think if we take a positional player this year in the draft it will be in the mid rounds or late rounds of the draft just as you have proposed

Here is what I'm thinking:

2. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
3. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
4. Brennan Williams, RT, UNC
5. Kevin Reddick, LB, UNC
5. Joseph Randle, RB, Ok St
6. Ace Sanders, WR/PR South Carolina
7. John Boyett, FS, Oregon
bowilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
bowilson wrote:
2 David Amerson CB
4 Brennan Williams OT
5 Josh Boyce WR
5 Kwame Gathers DT
6 Michael Williams TE
7 Ray Ray Armstrong SS

I like it. I think if we take a positional player this year in the draft it will be in the mid rounds or late rounds of the draft just as you have proposed

2. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
John Boyett is a very interesting guy. I like his potential and he also could be the STEAL of this year's draft. My only concern is that our need for a FS is so evident that I'm wondering if we can wait until the 7th round to address it. Reddick and Joseph are value picks, but I think our ILBs this year will be serviceable until we can bring someone in next year. Remember, we will have an additional 18 to 20 Million to spend in 2014. I like the idea of bringing in young talent this year and seeing what they have before spending good money on FAs next year. This year's draft is deep in the secondary and at WR/TE. Let's go fishing a little bit and see what we caught.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
bowilson wrote:
2 David Amerson CB
4 Brennan Williams OT
5 Josh Boyce WR
5 Kwame Gathers DT
6 Michael Williams TE
7 Ray Ray Armstrong SS

2. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
John Boyett is a very interesting guy. I like his potential and he also could be the STEAL of this year's draft. My only concern is that our need for a FS is so evident that I'm wondering if we can wait until the 7th round to address it. Reddick and Joseph are value picks, but I think our ILBs this year will be serviceable until we can bring someone in next year. Remember, we will have an additional 18 to 20 Million to spend in 2014. I like the idea of bringing in young talent this year and seeing what they have before spending good money on FAs next year. This year's draft is deep in the secondary and at WR/TE. Let's go fishing a little bit and see what we caught.
our wrs and te's were efficient last year despite our best wr missing time with his foot injury and Davis missing 1/2 the year with his Achillies injury. They caught 24 TDs more than this team has caught since 1999. I believe we had 4 wrs over 500 yds and 5 who scored multiple touchdowns. We had both of our tight ends go over 300 yds in 1/2 a season. All of this and we were the team that ran the most running plays least in the NFL.

Yes we will have more cap room next year. As I've tried to say to those who want to draft a TE or WR, next year we will have $ to spend on another one if we choose to do so, or we can rework Morgan's deal to keep him.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Yes we will have more cap room next year. As I've tried to say to those who want to draft a TE or WR, next year we will have $ to spend on another one if we choose to do so, or we can rework Morgan's deal to keep him.

You do realize that we intentionally crafted Morgan's contract as a two year deal, right? He wasn't supposed to be a long term solution. Second, even if we do have the cap room, do we really want to go out onto the free agent market and splurge? Has that ever worked for us?

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2014

That market is super-thin. It's basically Jeremy Maclin, and Hakeem Nicks/Victor Cruz (depending on who the Giants keep of those two). I suppose Emmanuel Sanders, James Jones, and Anquan Boldin make up the second tier, and the latter two will be on the wrong side of 30 come 2014.

If the value is there for corner, then take a corner. However, if it isn't, don't rend your clothes from your body in agony because we might take a WR. We could just as easily take a RT there as well. The simple thing is: don't wed yourself to a single position.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You do realize that we intentionally crafted Morgan's contract as a two year deal, right? He wasn't supposed to be a long term solution. Second, even if we do have the cap room, do we really want to go out onto the free agent market and splurge? Has that ever worked for us?

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2014

That market is super-thin. It's basically Jeremy Maclin, and Hakeem Nicks/Victor Cruz (depending on who the Giants keep of those two). I suppose Emmanuel Sanders, James Jones, and Anquan Boldin make up the second tier, and the latter two will be on the wrong side of 30 come 2014.

If the value is there for corner, then take a corner. However, if it isn't, don't rend your clothes from your body in agony because we might take a WR. We could just as easily take a RT there as well. The simple thing is: don't wed yourself to a single position.
I hear you about the value on the board and what I'm saying is the value of this draft is on the defensive side of the ball, I certainly think in the 3rd round there will be a DB worth selecting, a CB if we take a S in round 2 or a S if we take CB round 2. If we take a S in round 2 and Terrance Williams falls to us in round 3, trust me, I hope they are running to the podium, but there are very few wrs I get that excited about over taking 2 DBs with our first two picks.

I know what the "original" intent was for Morgan's contract, but if he goes out this season and has a great year because he's closer to 100%, which he wasn't last year I think we could let his contract void and re-sign him or just rework his deal. If he does well, I don't see us letting him go.

I think Hall will be gone next year but I'm not so sure about Wilson. Wilson has to play much better this season to warrant us keeping him, but it could happen. I firmly believe Hall was only brought back because they couldn't afford an upgrade this offseason and he knows the system, not encase they actually wanted to retain him.

I think Jeremy Maclin or James Jones are excellent pick up for us next year. I'd be for us signing him if Morgan is gone and Hank or Briscoe don't take the next step.

As for you saying how has us signing wr Free agents in the past, (even Garcon)?

I'd say we have to do our homework and select the right free agents and don't blindly throw money at what everyone else says is the ever player out there. The good thing is we don't do things the way we did them last description and in 2010 anymore, it seems we've learned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: