Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LLWFC's Final Mock Draft 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: LLWFC's Final Mock Draft 2013 Reply with quote

This will be my final mock draft. As always comments are encouraged and apprecaited. Let me also say that my last draft is aimed towards being accurate. NOT WhAT I WOULD NECCESSARLY DO.

Round 1: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida - Frankly this is the pick I hope we dont make, but the one that I see coming. We have no long term answer to the DT position. Floyd has some glaring issues, he is a project, but I will be the first to admit that he has some real potental. Hes very explosive off the ball, hes good at splitting the double team, but he also struggles with leverage and can get put on his back too much. Not the pick I would make, but the pick I see us making.

Round 3: Bacarri Rambo, S, Georiga - Having watched every Georgia game since Rambo has stepped onto Athens I can say that I have quite a bit of expeirence with Rambo's play. He has extremely good range, hes shown that he can be a ball hawk, he can lay the wood. He needs work in man coverage, and he needs to be a more reliable drag down tackler, but he would be our day one starter at FS.

Round 4: Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois - Buchanan is a guy I really like on tape. He has nice explosion. He uses his hands well. Hes got a decent motor, and has room to add some more weight and strength. He could be used as a rotational pass rusher to ease him into the NFL.

Round 6: Demontre Hurst, CB, Oklahoma - Hurst wont wow you with his speed and his size isnt overely impressive, but he does a nice job of covering his man. Hes not a playmaker, but hes a guy that can be a reliable nickle or dime CB.

Round 6: Damion Square, DT/DE, Alabama - Square is a bit of a tweener, but hes a guy that can provide depth and versitility. He can play 4-3 DT, 3-4 DE, and 4-3 DE. Good depth to have.

Round 6: Wes Horton, DE, USC - We were the second worst team in the NFL at getting after the QB. Maybe Buchanan nor Horton are the fix, but were building a good core and bringing in guys with tools that we can build on.

Round 7: James Wilson, G, Florida - A powerfull run blocker with holes in his game. WIth time could develop into great depth, maybe even a decent starter.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What pick would you make at 3? Any mock giving us Rambo is a win in my book. That kid is a special football player. Instinctive with incredible range and athleticism. Like all the other picks since they are all needs. Just curious who you like at 3? I'm more on the Star wagon myself. Also can't go wrong with Fisher or Jordan or Ziggy

S\O Palooka on the sig
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderfan19 wrote:
What pick would you make at 3? Any mock giving us Rambo is a win in my book. That kid is a special football player. Instinctive with incredible range and athleticism. Like all the other picks since they are all needs. Just curious who you like at 3? I'm more on the Star wagon myself. Also can't go wrong with Fisher or Jordan or Ziggy

If I were making the pick and we were staying put at 3 I am taking Fisher. If we could trade down just a tad my first choice would be Sheldon Richardson. Woulndt be upset with Ziggy, and I really like Jordon, but dont think hes a great fit here.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
raiderfan19 wrote:

If I were making the pick and we were staying put at 3 I am taking Fisher. If we could trade down just a tad my first choice would be Sheldon Richardson. Woulndt be upset with Ziggy, and I really like Jordon, but dont think hes a great fit here.

I was hoping and praying we bit the bullet and made the 3-4 transition with our eyes on Jordan. He is going to be such a special rush linebacker in this league after he packs on 10-15 and learns to really go from speed to power.
Agree with the trade back and Richardson pick. He's no different from Floyd. Even a quicker first step off the snap.

S\O Palooka on the sig
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like Buchanan, would be delighted to get him in the 4th.
#clueless
reddevil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderfan19 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
raiderfan19 wrote:

I was hoping and praying we bit the bullet and made the 3-4 transition with our eyes on Jordan. He is going to be such a special rush linebacker in this league after he packs on 10-15 and learns to really go from speed to power.
Agree with the trade back and Richardson pick. He's no different from Floyd. Even a quicker first step off the snap.

I was feeling the same way as free agency started and one of our first bits of business was picking up Sims who could play NT in a front 3 and then a boat load of LBs. I started to think maybe Reggie was prepping for the switch in order to bag either Jordan or Jones (prior to his post combine/pro day drop). I still think that Jordan and Jones are the best bets in terms of edge rushers. Now Reggie has all his FAs in place, it doesn't look like the personnel fit the 3-4 as much as a base 4-3 and so it kind of discounts Jordan from our thinking at no.3. Shame because he could become a real threat and I just don't love any of the 4-3 DEs at the top end of the draft.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid work. 4th is a bit high for Buchanan as his stock is slipping. But there are tons of intriguing DEs late in this draft

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Solid work. 4th is a bit high for Buchanan as his stock is slipping. But there are tons of intriguing DEs late in this draft

What's the knock on Buchanan ? I have seen him mocked anywhere from 3rd-6th round.
#clueless
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

What's the knock on Buchanan ? I have seen him mocked anywhere from 3rd-6th round.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/michael-buchanan?id=2539239

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see us picking so many Dlinemen and hopefully we don't draft Floyd.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Says he is a mid round prospect so why is the 4th a bit high?
#clueless
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Think Idk, personally, I would draft him in the 4th if all my other favorite mid round guys are gone. I would run to the podium if he was available in the 5th round.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Dessie wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Think Idk, personally, I would draft him in the 4th if all my other favorite mid round guys are gone. I would run to the podium if he was available in the 5th round.

Ah ok thought I was missing something obvious. 4th or 5th would a good pick IMO.
#clueless
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: LLWFC's Final Mock Draft 2013 Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Round 1: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida - Frankly this is the pick I hope we dont make, but the one that I see coming. We have no long term answer to the DT position. Floyd has some glaring issues, he is a project, but I will be the first to admit that he has some real potental. Hes very explosive off the ball, hes good at splitting the double team, but he also struggles with leverage and can get put on his back too much. Not the pick I would make, but the pick I see us making.

Booooooooo. I read it but still, boooooooooo.

Quote:
Round 3: Bacarri Rambo, S, Georiga - Having watched every Georgia game since Rambo has stepped onto Athens I can say that I have quite a bit of expeirence with Rambo's play. He has extremely good range, hes shown that he can be a ball hawk, he can lay the wood. He needs work in man coverage, and he needs to be a more reliable drag down tackler, but he would be our day one starter at FS.

Woooooo

Quote:
Round 4: Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois - Buchanan is a guy I really like on tape. He has nice explosion. He uses his hands well. Hes got a decent motor, and has room to add some more weight and strength. He could be used as a rotational pass rusher to ease him into the NFL.

I like Buchanan too but I think this is a bit early. Since you went CB later, I'd rather get a guy like Leon McFadden here if you're addressing CB. Better value and a better player imo.

Don't really know the other guys, but I don't really have any problems with it. I'd hate Floyd at 3 but the rest of the draft makes up for it.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd is going to the Jags at #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: