Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sanchez??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Sanchez?? Reply with quote

Quote:
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the discussions between the Jets and Bucs have included the possibility of the Buccaneers assuming the contract of quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Yes, Sanchez. He has a guaranteed base salary of $8.25 million for 2013. If he didnít, Sanchez would have been cut by now. If the Jets could unload that obligation, theyíd surely jump at the chance.

Itís unclear whether Sanchez would compete for the starting job in Tampa. On one hand, he hasnít done enough in recent years to justify the opportunity. On the other hand, coach Greg Schiano doesnít seem to be sold on quarterback Josh Freeman, who was taken 12 spots behind Sanchez in the 2009 draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/12/jets-could-unload-a-quarterback-as-part-of-revis-trade/

Thoughts on this?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Brick wall
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sanchez can be a player in this league. I'm assuming this deal would be contingent on a huge restructured deal- helps the jets and helps us. I'm down for it
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy it, there's been a ton of rumors on the Revis trade and I don't know what to believe

It'd be basically wasting a lot of money, and lessons chances of us adding some actual competition at QB. For as careful as Dom has been with the cap, I don't see him taking on Sanchez and Revis. No way.

Dom's not stupid, and unless it lessons the compensation we give up a ton it won't happen. Media blowing up/making up stuff.

No one should take this seriously.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

If Mark does this I might have to come to the dark side with you and PVS

The only good thing that may come of this is we eat his salary this year then dump him. If we do take him I would assume we would just have to give our 13th overall pick and that's it. No chance we have to give a 3rd, 6th AND eat that scrubs salary Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

The only good thing that may come of this is we eat his salary this year then dump him. If we do take him I would assume we would just have to give our 13th overall pick and that's it. No chance we have to give a 3rd, 6th AND eat that scrubs salary Shocked

Sanchez has negative, but not that much negative value. Maybe he changes the trade from being a 1st, 3rd, and 4th to a 1st, 3rd, and 6th.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Sanchez has negative, but not that much negative value. Maybe he changes the trade from being a 1st, 3rd, and 4th to a 1st, 3rd, and 6th.

His contract is a different story. No one wants to eat that.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
green24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

His contract is a different story. No one wants to eat that.

The Jets would still have to pay a decent portion of it. I believe the Bucs would owe him $8.25M this year and then be able to cut him after the season with no dead money.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

So to drop the potential 4th to a 6th we have to eat his $8,000,000 plus this year?

Who actually know what the actual offer is on the table but last rumor was a 1st, 3rd, 6th, where did you get 1st, 3rd, 4th from?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
green24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

So to drop the potential 4th to a 6th we have to eat his $8,000,000 plus this year?

Who actually know what the actual offer is on the table but last rumor was a 1st, 3rd, 6th, where did you get 1st, 3rd, 4th from?

I'm guessing. I'm just saying that's probably about how much Sanchez would affect the trade.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
green24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I'm guessing. I'm just saying that's probably about how much Sanchez would affect the trade.

Like I mentioned above I would put Mark in the dog house like a few guys already have if that were the case.

Even if Mark didn't struggle as bad as he has in the past that is a HUGE chunk to pay a guy to stand on the sidelines as well as his game doesn't fit well with our offense.

To have to give up that many picks, pay Revis that much money AND on top of it take Sanchez and his $8,000,000 I would dig a hole in the ground and go to sleep!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I always laughed at the Jets, especially that moment, on Thanksgiving, when Mark Sanchez ran into the back end of his own G, and laughed the entire time New England took that fumble to the endzone.

Now, theres a good chance he can be a Buc. FAIL
Django

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Sanchez...

I think he'd do better in warm weather. His arm just cant make the throws in cold weather of the AFC East.

During that draft I thought Freeman would be a better fit in NY than Sanchez (obviously thats not the offer...but hear me out)

If Greg is truly done with Freeman. Which as crazy as this might sound....

Josh McDaniels got rid of Cutler (coming off a Pro Bowl season) when no one thought he would.

Maybe some kind of trade would involve Freeman going to the Jets, Jets giving up future picks. Bucs then have Sanchez and draft a QB earlier in the draft (Tyler Wilson? EJ Manuel?)

Have Sanchez/Manuel(or Wilson) battle it out for the QB job and call it a day.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Damn, I always laughed at the Jets, especially that moment, on Thanksgiving, when Mark Sanchez ran into the back end of his own G, and laughed the entire time New England took that fumble to the endzone.

you know its just a rumor right?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

you know its just a rumor right?

Honestly, I don't know what to believe. We are in the market for an upgrade behind Josh Freeman, so it's possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: