Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garcon still not 100%
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Id release Moss over Briscoe due to Moss contract and age. Briscoe has alot of potential to be that big physical WR we need, only reason he didnt get more playing time was he didn't know the whole playbook and we already wantded to give morgan and Hankerson a chance. if im shanny I would give briscoe a chance he was the best WR in pre-season last year and can improve this year at 24 years old....thats just me .

Funny thing: given the way their contracts are structured, the Redskins would get more cap room back by cutting Briscoe than cutting Moss.

I would hope that Briscoe would have learned the playbook by the end of the season, but he still wasn't getting playing time. Perhaps he shows something in training camp, but he didn't show much to the coaching staff throughout the year.

Here is why:

Pierre Garçon
Josh Morgan
Santana Moss
Leonard Hankerson
Aldrick Robinson

That's why Briscoe got little playtime in 2012, and those 5 are why you don't draft a rookie this season, WR is a 2014 priority, not 2013.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Id release Moss over Briscoe due to Moss contract and age. Briscoe has alot of potential to be that big physical WR we need, only reason he didnt get more playing time was he didn't know the whole playbook and we already wantded to give morgan and Hankerson a chance. if im shanny I would give briscoe a chance he was the best WR in pre-season last year and can improve this year at 24 years old....thats just me .

Funny thing: given the way their contracts are structured, the Redskins would get more cap room back by cutting Briscoe than cutting Moss.

I would hope that Briscoe would have learned the playbook by the end of the season, but he still wasn't getting playing time. Perhaps he shows something in training camp, but he didn't show much to the coaching staff throughout the year.

Here is why:

Pierre Garçon
Josh Morgan
Santana Moss
Leonard Hankerson
Aldrick Robinson

That's why Briscoe got little playtime in 2012, and those 5 are why you don't draft a rookie this season, WR is a 2014 priority, not 2013.

What happens if Garcon isn't 100% this year? Do you want to go into the start of the season with only five healthy wide receivers, three of which won't be here in 2014? If you wait, then you'll be drafting for need, not value. If you know there's going to be a major hole in a year, don't wait until it's a crisis if you can help fix it now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: