Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garcon still not 100%
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Garcon still not 100% Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/garç-improving-not-100-percent

Garcon says improving but he's not 100%. I have to be honest, were going on 8 months from when Garcon first hurt his foot last year. Yeah, he was good with the hurt foot still, but not great. It's a bit concerning that he isn't 100% yet and may never be again.

Good news... Season doesn't start today! Much in the same way with Helu, we have 6 months till the season starts, so hopefully they'll be 100% by then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... another injury to a Redskins player that is taking far longer to heal than expected. I'm very suspicious of the medical staff at this point.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Hmmm ... another injury to a Redskins player that is taking far longer to heal than expected. I'm very suspicious of the medical staff at this point.

From the article:
Quote:
It was reported in February that Garçon would not require surgery and that he would instead rely on a mix of rest and rehab to get ready for the 2013 campaign.

Why do we always seem to do this? I get that surgery is invasive, can go wrong (see Rob Gronkowski), and take just as long if not longer to heal up with. However, it always seems we try the rest route, and it never works.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Slateman wrote:

From the article:
Quote:
It was reported in February that Garçon would not require surgery and that he would instead rely on a mix of rest and rehab to get ready for the 2013 campaign.

Why do we always seem to do this? I get that surgery is invasive, can go wrong (see Rob Gronkowski), and take just as long if not longer to heal up with. However, it always seems we try the rest route, and it never works.
looks like Moss is going to have another great year! Garcon will probably be in and out of the line up all year long again. Oh well Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Slateman wrote:

From the article:
Quote:

looks like Moss is going to have another great year! Garcon will probably be in and out of the line up all year long again. Oh well Confused

To be honest, if Garcon is out for awhile, I would rather see Hankerson get the playing time.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Slateman wrote:

From the article:
Quote:

To be honest, if Garcon is out for awhile, I would rather see Hankerson get the playing time.
As would I and I'm sure they'll try him out but it will probably end up being old reliable Moss in the end. Wink
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
As would I and I'm sure they'll try him out but it will probably end up being old reliable Moss in the end. Wink

I'm not so sure that would be the case. Moss fits much better as a slot receiver at this point in his career. Unless Hankerson really tanks, I don't think Moss gets the starting job. Even then, would they perhaps give Robinson a look?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

I'm not so sure that would be the case. Moss fits much better as a slot receiver at this point in his career. Unless Hankerson really tanks, I don't think Moss gets the starting job. Even then, would they perhaps give Robinson a look?
True, true. or even Briscoe.

This could be Hank's break to break out though of Garcon isn't 100% all year.
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

If it came down to Moss or Briscoe, I think they'd turn to Moss for the explosiveness. Morgan can handle the possession receiver stuff.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

If it came down to Moss or Briscoe, I think they'd turn to Moss for the explosiveness. Morgan can handle the possession receiver stuff.
im intrigued by Briscoe. Shanahan talked him up like crazy last sept on final cut day. I knew he wouldn't contribute much last year because he came in late and we had a lot of talent at WR, but this time around he's been there a year. He could shock us
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
im intrigued by Briscoe. Shanahan talked him up like crazy last sept on final cut day. I knew he wouldn't contribute much last year because he came in late and we had a lot of talent at WR, but this time around he's been there a year. He could shock us

He's more in the mold of a possession receiver, so I suspect he'd be competing more with Morgan than filling in for Garcon should he go down/not be ready. Though, I suppose he might win the job if he can be a great down-field blocker.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

He's more in the mold of a possession receiver, so I suspect he'd be competing more with Morgan than filling in for Garcon should he go down/not be ready. Though, I suppose he might win the job if he can be a great down-field blocker.
he'd be competing with Hankerson as Morgans back up.

Garçons back up is Aldrick Robinson, good point, I forgot about that. If Garcon doesn't play, we'll likely see more of Aldrick Robinson, like last Saints game
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id release Moss over Briscoe due to Moss contract and age. Briscoe has alot of potential to be that big physical WR we need, only reason he didnt get more playing time was he didn't know the whole playbook and we already wantded to give morgan and Hankerson a chance. if im shanny I would give briscoe a chance he was the best WR in pre-season last year and can improve this year at 24 years old....thats just me .
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Id release Moss over Briscoe due to Moss contract and age. Briscoe has alot of potential to be that big physical WR we need, only reason he didnt get more playing time was he didn't know the whole playbook and we already wantded to give morgan and Hankerson a chance. if im shanny I would give briscoe a chance he was the best WR in pre-season last year and can improve this year at 24 years old....thats just me .
Briscoe doesn't play the same position as Moss. We really only have one "Moss" type right now. Moss took a large pay cut to stay, he isn't going anywhere as long as he looks as productive as last year.

If Briscoe looks as promising as he did last preseason this offseason he will be back. Briscoe and Robinson's developments are the reasons I don't believe we will draft a WR this draft, we will see what the WR core does this year and then make the decision next winter on if we want Morgan, Moss and Briscoe back and if Hank and Aldrick have developed enough to keep us from drafting another wr.

Wr seems like a next user focus, not this year.
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Funny thing: given the way their contracts are structured, the Redskins would get more cap room back by cutting Briscoe than cutting Moss.

I would hope that Briscoe would have learned the playbook by the end of the season, but he still wasn't getting playing time. Perhaps he shows something in training camp, but he didn't show much to the coaching staff throughout the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: