Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013v.25.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha Monstar
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
Jesse Williams would be a pick I would be fine with, although his lack of production worries me a bit, plus I've heard he has a 2nd rd grade, but nevertheless he would be a good replacement for Pickett.

I'm not a fan of drafting 2 WR's, as we have Boykin and Ross already, plus Swope and Goodwin are both slot WR's, which we already have in Cobb. I'd replace one of them w/ a TE. I like Swope a lot tho, Goodwin seems to be just a track guy to me.
I'm still trying to get comfortable with the value of Williams in the first. Without getting much pressure collapsing the pocket what gives him such a high board? You can find mid-round guys every year to develop into run stoppers, that's a big value jump for a little more stoutness and quickness.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
packattack86 wrote:
Jesse Williams would be a pick I would be fine with, although his lack of production worries me a bit, plus I've heard he has a 2nd rd grade, but nevertheless he would be a good replacement for Pickett.

I'm not a fan of drafting 2 WR's, as we have Boykin and Ross already, plus Swope and Goodwin are both slot WR's, which we already have in Cobb. I'd replace one of them w/ a TE. I like Swope a lot tho, Goodwin seems to be just a track guy to me.
I'm still trying to get comfortable with the value of Williams in the first. Without getting much pressure collapsing the pocket what gives him such a high board? You can find mid-round guys every year to develop into run stoppers, that's a big value jump for a little more stoutness and quickness.

I agree, not a Jesse Williams fan. Think he's "safe" and not going to give you much more than Ryan Pickett will for the next 2-3 years. He's a guy who's going to do a solid job clogging the middle but not offer much else IMO. I would take Margus Hunt over Williams at 26, at least Hunt has a chance to be the dynamic 5-technique we so desperately need. I think Jesse Williams is another Pickett/CJ Wilson, I just want more than that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if you're trying to draft a JJ Watt clone, you should go for Margus Hunt. If you ask me, though, that's a good way to end up with high-round busts.

When you draft Jesse Williams, you get a DLineman that absolutely beats up an offensive line. He lines up anywhere and is a gigantic pain in the butt. Every play he's going all out. He chases after plays 20 yards down the field. When guards try to bump him, Williams slips by them. When you watch this guy play, it's easy to forget that he weighs 320 lbs because he moves so well. Seriously, I think that gets forgotten - he weighs 15 lbs. more than Worthy, 20 lbs. more than Neal and Wilson, almost as much as Raji. I think a lot of people underestimate this guy's size and movement abilities. When you combine that with his obvious strength and effort - you get a real solid 1st round pick.

And just to address one more thing: saying that he's just another Pickett. 'Big Grease' was a first round pick back in the day. He ran a sub-5.0 40 at his pro day. That's a really good athlete, there. If we're able to get another Pickett for 10-12 years, I'd be all over that.
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the better mocks I've seen. Good work!
RCobb18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it but I think better options at WR will be available when Swope is taken.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

I sort of agree, I mean GB can get a guy like Brandon Williams or John Hankins in the 2nd, or a run stuffer like Kwame Geathers in the mid rounds. Williams lack of pocket push concerns me a little, but if we could nab him in the 2nd I'd be thrilled.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

Couple of things:
~I like Boykin and Ross, I'm not sure either can start. We need replacements for when Nelson and JJ leave.
~Swope is the only WR that is going to see playing time soon. Goodwin would be brought in to take Cobb off of return duties, as he develops as a WR.
~No realistic draft is going to have every single area of need addressed, there will always be one position that we go too heavy on.

I would be super surprised if TT let Jordy and/or JJ leave.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this draft too.

I have to agree that drafting a center is a must, even if it is late. I'm fine with EDS as the starter, but have no viable backup in case of injury is crazy (I don't consider Gerhart a viable backup).

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
PackMan22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

Couple of things:
~I like Boykin and Ross, I'm not sure either can start. We need replacements for when Nelson and JJ leave.
~Swope is the only WR that is going to see playing time soon. Goodwin would be brought in to take Cobb off of return duties, as he develops as a WR.
~No realistic draft is going to have every single area of need addressed, there will always be one position that we go too heavy on.

I would be super surprised if TT let Jordy and/or JJ leave.

I would be more surprised if he kept them both.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't many 1st/2nd round guys I'd be more disappointed with in the 1st than Jesse Williams.
PackMan22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
There aren't many 1st/2nd round guys I'd be more disappointed with in the 1st than Jesse Williams.

EJ Manuel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: