Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013v.25.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013v.25.0 Reply with quote

The Draft:
With the 26th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Jesse Williams NT Alabama
63 323 lbs. 5.35/40

It seems that TTs 1st Round DP is always someone hardly anyone is projecting. Williams very well might be the BPA, considering the depth at DT in this draft, it makes him considerably undervalued at this spot.

Williams will be a replacement for Ryan Pickett at LDE. In the meantime, he will give both Pickett and Raji some play off which should make everyone more effective. Last, for a runstuffer, he has some pass rush skill in him, which is an added bonus.

With the 58th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
61: 230 lbs. 4.52/40

Like Eddie Lacy hes a bigger RB that would be a great pair with a jitterbug like DuJuan Harris. Unlike Lacy hes more of a complete back. Hes not as good as Lacy, but hes a better fit for our system.

Coming into the season the thought was Bell would have to play FB in the NFL due in large part to his blocking. He quickly squashed that thought with great rushing, but he showed that wrinkle to his game we need in our backs. Last, he also showed some skill as a receiver out of the backfield.

I go back and forth between whose a better fit for us. You can make a strong case for Bell.

With the 90th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M
61 206 lbs. 4.34/40

A new found mancrush. Swope is being described as a bigger, stronger Wes Welker. He is known for a being a slot WR who is elusive and strong after the catch and gets a ton of YAC! Pair him with Nelson, Cobb and JJ and it could be dangerous.

With the 126th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Duke Williams S Nevada
511 201 lbs. 4.56/40

Hard hitting Safety who is solid in coverage. Overlooked because of his height and lack of stats, but really good give us a good prospect to backup and compete for a starting S spot.

Im not one of those who sees S as a major need. I have high hopes for Jerron McMillian and reading statements by TT, MM and the coaching staff, I think they do to. Williams is merely insurance just in case.

With the 154th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Marqise Goodwin WR/RS Texas
59 183 lbs. 4.27/40

I just can't take this guy out of my mocks. I might even reach a little bit to get him. Yes, he's rough, yes he doesn't have the route running ability you look for. But given he's electric speed you just cannot teach I'd like to give him a shot and see if we can develop him.

If he doesn't work out, with his speed, you have to figure he could be a good RS.

With the 164th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State
62 251 lbs. 4.67/40

Projected 1st round pick that is explosive and relentless off the edge, but broke his foot in week 1. Should have taken a medical redshirt and come back for his senior season at FSU, but chose instead to enter the draft. Many are predicting freefall.

Bad for him, but good for us. If he pans out we get a legit pass rushing prospect, if not we only gave up a 5th rounder here.

With the 182nd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina
61 243 lbs. 4.72/40

See a little bit of Desmond Bishop in this guy. He is a bigger bodied ILB prospect who can take on blockers and has the athleticism to drop back into coverage. Additionally, he is a really good blitzer and could offer some creativity to Dom Capers about who to send at the QB.

Its rare to say this about a 5th round DP, but I really think he could develop into the guy to take over for Hawk in the starting role.

With the 210th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Zach Boren FB Ohio State
511 238 lbs. 5.00/40

A powerful lead blocker and converted LB. Showed some ability catching the ball outta the backfield and as a ball carrier, but his real value is as Kuhns backup.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure Bell will be at our pick in the 2nd. Also, I think we can get a little better value then Swope in the 3rd. Other then that, nice!

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
pmikep

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Williams and Bell selections.
TT has never chosen a WR in the draft with hands less than 9".
Swope is in the 8 1/2" area. Stedman Bailey is a great fit in Green Bay in round three.
GO PACKERS !!!!!!!!!!
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
Not sure Bell will be at our pick in the 2nd. Also, I think we can get a little better value then Swope in the 3rd. Other then that, nice!

Really? They are saying late 2nd-early 3rd, what have you heard?

I Am Rodgers wrote:
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:

Bill Huber from Packer Report said that he talked to a scout and his team wants Bell in the early 2nd. Also teams that pick behind us like Bell as well and I do too. There was another source I believe that said there are some teams that now would pick Bell over Lacy. I've Hes shown during this offseason that he is a much better pass catcher then what scouts thought and is a very good pass blocker along with being big and pretty quick.

Who knows how accurate the Packer Report article was though.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
SE500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a couple players dropped here in this mock beyond where they will go but would really like this draft except for one glaring thing.

You drafted 2 WR's and zero O-linemen? More specifically, any pre-season that leaves EDS and GVR as our annointed centers is an out for me.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Bell, but like Williams and Swope at those slots to be honest.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
I feel a couple players dropped here in this mock beyond where they will go but would really like this draft except for one glaring thing.

You drafted 2 WR's and zero O-linemen? More specifically, any pre-season that leaves EDS and GVR as our annointed centers is an out for me.

I feel pretty secure that we can sign a UDFA that will do the job. The thing is there isn't a single draft where every need will be addressed. I usually adress interior OL, in this instance I went with other positions.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:

+1 and I still hate Boren but this is probably the best mock you've put up. Good work!
packattack86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Williams would be a pick I would be fine with, although his lack of production worries me a bit, plus I've heard he has a 2nd rd grade, but nevertheless he would be a good replacement for Pickett.

I'm not a fan of drafting 2 WR's, as we have Boykin and Ross already, plus Swope and Goodwin are both slot WR's, which we already have in Cobb. I'd replace one of them w/ a TE. I like Swope a lot tho, Goodwin seems to be just a track guy to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
Jesse Williams would be a pick I would be fine with, although his lack of production worries me a bit, plus I've heard he has a 2nd rd grade, but nevertheless he would be a good replacement for Pickett.

I'm not a fan of drafting 2 WR's, as we have Boykin and Ross already, plus Swope and Goodwin are both slot WR's, which we already have in Cobb. I'd replace one of them w/ a TE. I like Swope a lot tho, Goodwin seems to be just a track guy to me.

Greg Cosell recently said on a podcast that there's not much difference to the tape of Jesse Williams and Star Lotulelei. I'm a big fan, especially of Williams' versatility and size.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:

Couple of things:
~I like Boykin and Ross, I'm not sure either can start. We need replacements for when Nelson and JJ leave.
~Swope is the only WR that is going to see playing time soon. Goodwin would be brought in to take Cobb off of return duties, as he develops as a WR.
~No realistic draft is going to have every single area of need addressed, there will always be one position that we go too heavy on.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
packattack86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

Couple of things:
~I like Boykin and Ross, I'm not sure either can start. We need replacements for when Nelson and JJ leave.
~Swope is the only WR that is going to see playing time soon. Goodwin would be brought in to take Cobb off of return duties, as he develops as a WR.
~No realistic draft is going to have every single area of need addressed, there will always be one position that we go too heavy on.

There's no guarantee JJ and/or Nelson are going to leave. I do see the need for a returner to help preserve Cobb, but Ross showed great flashes of that last season. I guess if we double dip at a position I'd rather it be at DL, just my opinion though. We could grab a space eater like Williams and then later on grab a guy like Gholston or Kruger, someone w/ length.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

Couple of things:

There's no guarantee JJ and/or Nelson are going to leave. I do see the need for a returner to help preserve Cobb, but Ross showed great flashes of that last season. I guess if we double dip at a position I'd rather it be at DL, just my opinion though. We could grab a space eater like Williams and then later on grab a guy like Gholston or Kruger, someone w/ length.

~There's no guarantee, but look at TT's history, it's pretty likely.
~Yes, Ross showed an ability to do it, but it was never anything dynamic. Kinda hard to argue with a guy with sub 4.3 speed.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:

Bill Huber from Packer Report said that he talked to a scout and his team wants Bell in the early 2nd. Also teams that pick behind us like Bell as well and I do too. There was another source I believe that said there are some teams that now would pick Bell over Lacy. I've Hes shown during this offseason that he is a much better pass catcher then what scouts thought and is a very good pass blocker along with being big and pretty quick.

Who knows how accurate the Packer Report article was though.
I personally throw any "scout said his team wanted" right out the window. There's zero reason to have any faith in it being accurate or not accurate. There's reasons it could go either way and therefore refuse to let it hold a drop of water. Most credible sources in my mind are the draftniks that assess, GM history, scheme fit and need, some of those are found on this site.

If someone wants to take Bell with a mid-second, so be it. I won't lose any sleep over it, I think that'll be too high for him and someone reached. Definitely don't see the value to trade up to secure him either. Let the value fall and jump when your board suggests you do otherwise just ride the draft wave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: