Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Young Impresses in workout
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no harm in bringing him in for the offseason. If he sucks cut him. If he shows he has finally put it together then the Raiders have the steal of the off season

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Young is a proven bad QB and head case. I'd rather develop Pryor if I had to choose between the 2 QBs.

Im with you dude.

Pryor is much better to have on the team than Young, has more to offer, has said and done all the right things since arriving in Oakland. Pryor's potential is also much higher and will be on the field for red zone packages so he offers value there also.

All that said, I'd love to bring in Young for the #3 spot. Definitely more than Troy Smith or Seneca Wallace.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign him. There is nothing wrong with competition and the man is hungry to prove himself and get back in the league. He, like Pryor, want to prove doubters wrong. Sign him with no guaranteed money. If he performs well, we have a good qb on the roster. If not thanks for coming in and trying. We suck. Everyone should have to compete for their job.

S\O Palooka on the sig
badmoon8081

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibly the ghost of al davis has possesed reggie mckenzie's body. al loved athletic players that the rest of the league told him were washed up. just so he could rub it in their faces when they had success. the raiders have always been a haven for misfits and cast-offs who were hungry and had a large chip on their shouder. I for 1 am all for it. Little risk high reward.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His hunger would only add to an already hungry QB battle. Flynn doesn't want to get Russell Wilson'd again so he's going to come ready, Terrelle Pryor wants to finally get a shot, Vince Young wants another shot after being ostracized and you have to believe he'd feel this is his last chance.

The best guy wins? That would make me happy. I want the QB who is most committed to Being a field general of men.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd be much happier to get him now than when he was drafted. That said, coming in and competing at QB would be good for the team. I'd take him as a #3 backing up Pryor at worst.

+1. Don't want him crying and getting suicidal again then texting coach Allen after getting booed in preseason.

But if we signed him we can at least say we had both 06 Rose Bowl QBs as backups.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd be much happier to get him now than when he was drafted. That said, coming in and competing at QB would be good for the team. I'd take him as a #3 backing up Pryor at worst.

+1. Don't want him crying and getting suicidal again then texting coach Allen after getting booed in preseason.

But if we signed him we can at least say we had both 06 Rose Bowl QBs as backups.

So we are just assuming that VY hasn't matured and that people don't grow up from their young 20's?

Give the guy a chance to show he's grown up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

So we are just assuming that VY hasn't matured and that people don't grow up from their young 20's?

I find it odd that you believe in giving VY a chance and not Pryor..

Now he does have a quicker release than Pryor and was more ready to leave college than him also...

but to me Pryor and VY are basically the same guy....Much better deep ball throwers. Passes float a bit when throwing intermediate routes. I'll admit that Vince would surprise you every now and then with a well thrown ball with zip...but then again he's had more chances than Pryor.

If I told you Pryor could be VY with a work ethic and a better head on his shoulders...why would not believe in him?

Then again....Reports are that VY had an impressive throwing session(same as his pro day) so the work he's done with George Whitfield might have really improved him. Pryor on the other hand hasnt had his impressive throwing session yet as a Raider or by workout...

How about we see what Whitfield might have did with Pryor as well?
Django

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
His hunger would only add to an already hungry QB battle. Flynn doesn't want to get Russell Wilson'd again so he's going to come ready, Terrelle Pryor wants to finally get a shot, Vince Young wants another shot after being ostracized and you have to believe he'd feel this is his last chance.

The best guy wins? That would make me happy. I want the QB who is most committed to Being a field general of men.

I must admit. If the Raiders sign VY I would love to see them on Hard Knocks Laughing
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badmoon8081 wrote:
possibly the ghost of al davis has possesed reggie mckenzie's body. al loved athletic players that the rest of the league told him were washed up. just so he could rub it in their faces when they had success. the raiders have always been a haven for misfits and cast-offs who were hungry and had a large chip on their shouder. I for 1 am all for it. Little risk high reward.

We haven't been that team in many years. That part of the Raider past is long gone. We run things like a real franchise now.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
101Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would rather not sign him. If the assumption is that he'll be the 3rd string QB then he'll likely not be seeing the field. I lived in the Nashville area and can still clearly remember all the crap that went on in the lockerroom between him and Fisher, not to mention his media gaffs (the AWOL/suicide scare and the "dream team"). The Raiders don't need that kind of presence behind closed doors.

btw, this is from a former big-time supporter of VY out of college
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

uh the same guy that took out a 350k dollar loan a year ago to throw his birthday party and now is broke as a joke. He will never get it.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

uh the same guy that took out a 350k dollar loan a year ago to throw his birthday party and now is broke as a joke. He will never get it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really comment on Young's maturity since i've never met the guy... but historically he's been a head case. I don't think he doesn't want to win, he's just run out of money/is being foreclosed on and needs some quick cash. Nothing wrong with adding him as some competition but i can't see VY becoming the star people thought he would be.

BP you make a valid point of him being a dumb kid when he did all that stuff, and i definitely get that. But what bothers me isn't spending 350k on a party, or making generally questionable decisions that a young guy with tons of $$ would make... that can go away with maturity for sure.... it's that he seems to have shown his true colors in the sense that he's never gonna be a team player. VY is about VY, not what's best for a team or for winning... but what's best for his own agenda.... which in this case imo is money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: