Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Young Impresses in workout
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Vince Young Impresses in workout Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported earlier in the offseason that the Oakland Raiders had "preliminary" conversations about bringing in free-agent quarterback Vince Young for a workout.

On the heels of an impressive showing at the University Texas Pro Day late last month, the Raiders followed through on that workout Thursday. Young and former Baltimore Ravens backup Troy Smith both auditioned for the Raiders, Rapoport reported.

Free-agent tracker
NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...
"Heard Vince looked good," Rapoport added.

Young will have to prove that he's made strides in accuracy and picking up NFL verbiage, but he does have the rise of the read-option offense in his favor as he attempts his comeback.

The Raiders opted to take a pass on signing Seneca Wallace as a backup quarterback, perhaps due to their interest in Young.

If Oakland does add Young to the quarterback stable, it would seem to confirm a Yahoo! Sports report that there is "much organizational skepticism" about Terrelle Pryor, a draft pick from the Al Davis regime.

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be honest with you guys I really want him on the Oakland Raiders this year because I truly believe he was born to be a Raider. he's going to graduate from the University of Texas, he's better mechanically than he was before. he is a proven winner who is a gamer he wins games when it counts and he brings out the best in a teammate. he has a fiery demeanor to him and I feel with him being hungrier now than ever to prove himself in this league he is a gold mine waiting to be struck.

Jeff Fisher never had his back he was always in a bad situation but he won games I just truly truly want him in Oakland. I know I am coming off as crazy but I don't know, ever since I was a little kid when we passed up on him or rather he got robbed from our clutches I've wanted him in S&B.

I'll be gone so he will not be used wrong. I always felt he was going to be a Raider and I hope it comes into fruition. perhaps it wasn't to be after all....

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Vince Young when he came out. Badly.

Now? I want no part of him. He's a shell of his former self in terms of confidence and the ability to play QB.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can feel that Raisinbran, I can see where you're coming from. I just feel that if we bring him in for the summer he will emerge the starter solely because he's a leader and a big time gamer. I just feel he is so hungry. He's graduating from UT. He's matured.

Huge things. 29 years old for a QB is not old, he's still got wheels for sure. I say give him a training camp to see what's up. If he earns it then he shouldn't be hated bc it'd mean he beat out Flynn and Pryor. If he doesn't? You weighed your options DA and RM, I'd appreciate it no doubt.

Pryor is my boy.....but Pryor ain't done it like VY. I can't forget the way he was robbed from our clutches and we got Huff.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:

Now? I want no part of him. He's a shell of his former self in terms of confidence and the ability to play QB.

Same here. My heart sank when the Titans were on the clock and I heard "Vince" Sad

In any event, I would rather have him than Wallace if we can sign him to a one year vet min deal (provided Reggie and Allen think he's matured and solved some of his issues).
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

Same here. My heart sank when the Titans were on the clock and I heard "Vince" Sad

In any event, I would rather have him than Wallace if we can sign him to a one year vet min deal (provided Reggie and Allen think he's matured and solved some of his issues).

My heart sank when we drafted Huff over Leinart. Come to find out it wouldn't have mattered either way.

I guess I'd say VY over Seneca Wallace but I'd rather go option C, which is, draft someone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't trust tht dude. Houston restored my faith in drafting Texas athletes. But I don't want any part of Young.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I just don't trust tht dude. Houston restored my faith in drafting Texas athletes. But I don't want any part of Young.

this

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

My heart sank when we drafted Huff over Leinart. Come to find out it wouldn't have mattered either way.

I guess I'd say VY over Seneca Wallace but I'd rather go option C, which is, draft someone.

Why not both? DA said they wanted 4 QBs going into the offseason. I could see a vet and a developmental player.

I'm still crossing fingers some 'desperate to run a read option' team offers up a mid round pick for Pryor on draft day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be much happier to get him now than when he was drafted. That said, coming in and competing at QB would be good for the team. I'd take him as a #3 backing up Pryor at worst.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Django

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The possible signing of Vince Young CAN be looked at in two ways

1. That it boosts Pryor痴 stock in Oakland.

2. That it means Pryor will be traded.

However, Steve Corkran says...

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL 7h
邸Nation4Life: @CorkOnTheNFL What are odds Pryor is traded for picks on draft day, prior to draft? -- Even money, provided there's an offer
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young is a proven bad QB and head case. I'd rather develop Pryor if I had to choose between the 2 QBs.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did Jamarcus.No prima donnas wanted on this team. No thanks
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
So did Jamarcus.No prima donnas wanted on this team. No thanks
agreed no thanks
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: