Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
I asked off for work this year....Laughing

I have my brother and a few friends that are going to be at my house for the draft then going out all weekend down town GB. We only get everyone together on a few days and draft weekend is one of them. Last year we had grilled bacon & cheese WINGS, home made pico, home made sweet potato fries, and pulled pork(the entire weekend rolled into one).

This year we are either going with a brisket or.......not sure yet. My brother and I are still mastering the art of "smoker." The wings we had last year were by far the worst thing anyone could possibly eat but they were so damn good.

Cannot wait for the weather to finally warm up so I can spend all day out on my deck with some beer on ice making sure the smoker stays at the right temperature for some tenderloins, briskets, pork butts, and racks that I have in waiting.

You want some good ideas? Take that brisket or tenderloin, smoke it all day, and when you finish it, slice some slots into the meat and insert some of the following: a beer cooked bratwurst, various cheeses, or pepper / onion choice. I will do a combo like that, let it meld into the meat for about a hour, and then slice the tenderloin like a loaf to serve. It Is AMAZING.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
For me it is just a couple of evenings now with a couple of old fashions with a bag a Tostitoes and my homemade Serrano and Jalapeno Salsa. During the day I typically go walleye fishing now that the draft is in the evening. My dad stays over at my place over that weekend as well because he has a couple of business engagements he keeps and those are scheduled for that weekend every year. I glance at some of the over reactions on the boards here then on my phone from time to time. Laughing Love looking at the complaints or raves from fans that just look at where players are "supposed to go" based on what they read on the internet or some magazine.
So two weekends ago I had my first old fashioned but it was made with SoCo and they had Sprite in there as well. It was good, I just thought they were supposed to be made way different Laughing Or am I wrong?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
So two weekends ago I had my first old fashioned but it was made with SoCo and they had Sprite in there as well. It was good, I just thought they were supposed to be made way different Laughing Or am I wrong?

3 essential ingredients:
whiskey
sugar
bitters

Option ingredients:
water
ice
variations on sugar
variations on wash (i will occasionally throw in a bit of ginger ale because i friggin love ginger ale)
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

3 essential ingredients:
whiskey
sugar
bitters

Option ingredients:
water
ice
variations on sugar
variations on wash (i will occasionally throw in a bit of ginger ale because i friggin love ginger ale)

THIS

Some use sprite for wash, that is common
Others selzer water
Ginger Ale is good as wash too
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:

You can make them with Brandy or Whiskey. I like them with either, a good bourbon can make an awesome old fashioned. As far as the soda goes, you can make a "sour" which just uses sour or a club soda or a "sweet" which has sprite or a ginger ale in it.

If you do add sugar to it, you have to muddle it with the bitters, makes it dissolve into the drink better.

Also incog, you should try and old fashioned with a real cinnamon stick in it, something my grandpa told me they did back in the 50's, gave it some real good flavor, just tried it last weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm averse to an overly cinnamon flavor in old fashioneds, so not sure i'd like it too much.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe making some cheese-dip not sure what its actually name is but you use

3 ilbs beef
3lbs cheese ( Velvetta or queso blanco)
2 cans chili ( I just use Hormel)
1 can rotelle tomatoes
3 packs taco seasoning (I use the spiciest one) ((which isn't too spicy)
2 cans jalapenos

brown the meat and add the taco seasoning and then throw everything in a crock pot and let it sit for a couple hours and eat with fritos scoops!!!

Also if it every warms up in MN maybe fire up the grill for some burgers and brats!!!
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We call it "Macho Nachos" and it is real good.
Ours takes it a little easier on the Velveeta than the three pound barrage in yourn, and ours adds salsa instead of the tomatoes and omits the taco seasonings in favor of cumin/chili powder.

Same damn brilliant idea though.

Kampman74 wrote:

3 ilbs beef
1 can rotelle tomatoes
2 cans jalapenos

brown the meat and add the taco seasoning and then throw everything in a crock pot and let it sit for a couple hours and eat with fritos scoops!!!

Also if it every warms up in MN maybe fire up the grill for some burgers and brats!!!

TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
Ours takes it a little easier on the Velveeta than the three pound barrage in yourn, and ours adds salsa instead of the tomatoes and omits the taco seasonings in favor of cumin/chili powder.

Kampman74 wrote:

3 ilbs beef
1 can rotelle tomatoes
2 cans jalapenos

I've completely scraped Velveeta from all my recipes. Not keen on a product that refuses to release all of its ingredients (or it's taste for that matter). Easy to replace with a cheddar, Havarti, Fontina, Gruyere, Cream Cheese so many better options out there then cheese food product.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the comfort of my own home, last year I watch the draft with a couple of guys who didn't care, and right before the pick was going to be announced for the Packers, my friend turned off the TV. I will never forget that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:

Kampman74 wrote:

3 ilbs beef
1 can rotelle tomatoes
2 cans jalapenos

I've completely scraped Velveeta from all my recipes. Not keen on a product that refuses to release all of its ingredients (or it's taste for that matter). Easy to replace with a cheddar, Havarti, Fontina, Gruyere, Cream Cheese so many better options out there then cheese food product.

While normally I'd agree with you, when you are talking a cheese dip or cheese sauce, there is a chemical in velveeta that gives it that texture/consistency. There are ways to mimic that, but for a dip type situation, it's the one valid reason for using it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
svp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think I might grill out. As in outside...

AtariB20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took off from work on Thursday and Friday. Thursday the plans are to go shopping for snacks and alcohol... lots of alcohol early, and starting to drink early. Probably grilling out in the late afternoon with a couple of buddies. Haven't decided whether I want to hit up the bar for the draft, or sit at my apartment and watch it with my friends. Friday will be more of a party, as my brother will be able to join, and we will probably get drunk at the bar watching the draft.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help. I have a boot camp workout(not actual boot camp, just the name of the workout course) at 8pm Thursday. It's over by 8:50. Do I go and get in my workout or do I skip it? I figure I'm only going to miss the first 10-12 picks if I go. I'll still see the Packers pick. What would you guys do?

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Help. I have a boot camp workout(not actual boot camp, just the name of the workout course) at 8pm Thursday. It's over by 8:50. Do I go and get in my workout or do I skip it? I figure I'm only going to miss the first 10-12 picks if I go. I'll still see the Packers pick. What would you guys do?

Workout in front of the boobtube, duh. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: