Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemike778

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the UK ...

Switch to prime time means. Day 1 of the draft now means reading up the next day to see what went on Sad
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Chips, dips, bacon chili cheese fries, pizza, full packers gear, bad announcer's wig, 4-5 friends, big board, fully printed depth chart and roster for every team, draft order and trade value chart, board games.

Shocked ..........recipe?
The chili part is a secret family thing, but the rest is usually homemade seasoned curly fries, melted velveeta, and plain chopped up bacon. I buy a couple sacks of potatos, 3 packs of bacon, 2 blocks of velveeta, and 3-4 lbs of ground beef for the chili. We have a bottle of ranch on standby for me and another of my friends. Cook the chili the night before and crock pot it for the day, cut, season, and deep fry the spuds, chop and cook (If you fry, you'll want to chop second) the bacon, fondu the velveeta, and layer fries, chili, cheese, bacon. If you're using bagged fries, canned chili, and bagged cheese, you'll want to bake fries first, warm chili, layer in big pan (with cheese mingled in fries on bottom), and warm in oven on low.

The other guys sometimes bring stuff for wings or cheese steaks. We hold the approach, if you want it, bring the ingredients and make it for everybody. Kitchen can get real cluttered

*drools a little* Are you accepting friend applications for this event? Wink

Yeah, that sounds good as hell. Might be about the most unhealthy thing on earth though..... Laughing

Would be better with the "secret family chili" recipe though....... Crying or Very sad

Draft day would also be better with palmy's BB, but hey, we can't all win

Wink

PSN: ShiiNyIV
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I am at school and don't know anyone who is nearly as big a fan as me. Well I do, but I have yet to be invited by them Wink

So for now my plans are equally depressing as last year; watching a stream of the draft online, while talking on xbox with my best friend from home. Food = wings most likely with fries, with a load of junk

PSN: ShiiNyIV
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Chips, dips, bacon chili cheese fries, pizza, full packers gear, bad announcer's wig, 4-5 friends, big board, fully printed depth chart and roster for every team, draft order and trade value chart, board games.

Shocked ..........recipe?
The chili part is a secret family thing, but the rest is usually homemade seasoned curly fries, melted velveeta, and plain chopped up bacon. I buy a couple sacks of potatos, 3 packs of bacon, 2 blocks of velveeta, and 3-4 lbs of ground beef for the chili. We have a bottle of ranch on standby for me and another of my friends. Cook the chili the night before and crock pot it for the day, cut, season, and deep fry the spuds, chop and cook (If you fry, you'll want to chop second) the bacon, fondu the velveeta, and layer fries, chili, cheese, bacon. If you're using bagged fries, canned chili, and bagged cheese, you'll want to bake fries first, warm chili, layer in big pan (with cheese mingled in fries on bottom), and warm in oven on low.

The other guys sometimes bring stuff for wings or cheese steaks. We hold the approach, if you want it, bring the ingredients and make it for everybody. Kitchen can get real cluttered

*drools a little* Are you accepting friend applications for this event? Wink

Yeah, that sounds good as hell. Might be about the most unhealthy thing on earth though..... Laughing

Would be better with the "secret family chili" recipe though....... Crying or Very sad

Draft day would also be better with palmy's BB, but hey, we can't all win

Wink
Laughing QFT, or seing TT's board, really anybody who has input on the draft. Man that would be the coolest!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For u Madison folk I'll prolly be downtown
motorcycle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in England and will watch the draft live on the Friday 01:00 - 05:00 (local time). I booked the Friday off work 8 months ago! It is the joint best day of the year for me (along with the first Sunday of the season).

The wait is now almost unbearable, I have counted down the 50 working days to go until the draft (now it is only 8 ).
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up a few orders of wings, making loaded potato bites, plenty of drinks, the big screen with limited interruptions, and then sit Al Bundy style and yell at anyone that dares walk in front of the TV.

Pretty normal day.
MMcKay16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of my buddies who are also big on the draft come over to my place and we always get brownie earthquakes from DQ, don't ask why but that's just what we get.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMcKay16 wrote:
A few of my buddies who are also big on the draft come over to my place and we always get brownie earthquakes from DQ, don't ask why but that's just what we get.

For some reason this made me laugh, HARD!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be at bdubs eatin boneless wings and drinkin dos equis partially paid for by my severely lacking friend whom the day after the national Championship game bet me $20 that Barret Jones will be a top 10 pick, in his defense he's a Lions fan.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and a good friend of mine have been watching the draft together for probably the last 7 years at either my place or his. Just lounging on couches and eating a bunch of chips while yelling at the TV. Always fun!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at work, pretending to analyze data and cursing off Roger Goodell for thinking that people on the west coast could reasonably make it to a 5PM start time on a weekday Evil or Very Mad

Stone65 with the sig!
Frank-O

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year I get together with my childhood friend who is one of the few diehard NFL/Draft fans that I know and do some grilling, normally burgers, steaks and jalepeno/cheddar dogs. Always stocked on the beer, I make sure I have myself a 30pk of frosty highlifes, I hate having the fear of running out of beer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it is just a couple of evenings now with a couple of old fashions with a bag a Tostitoes and my homemade Serrano and Jalapeno Salsa. During the day I typically go walleye fishing now that the draft is in the evening. My dad stays over at my place over that weekend as well because he has a couple of business engagements he keeps and those are scheduled for that weekend every year. I glance at some of the over reactions on the boards here then on my phone from time to time. Laughing Love looking at the complaints or raves from fans that just look at where players are "supposed to go" based on what they read on the internet or some magazine.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked off for work this year....Laughing

I have my brother and a few friends that are going to be at my house for the draft then going out all weekend down town GB. We only get everyone together on a few days and draft weekend is one of them. Last year we had grilled bacon & cheese WINGS, home made pico, home made sweet potato fries, and pulled pork(the entire weekend rolled into one).

This year we are either going with a brisket or.......not sure yet. My brother and I are still mastering the art of "smoker." The wings we had last year were by far the worst thing anyone could possibly eat but they were so damn good.

Sig brought to you by Justo
incognito_man wrote:
i forewent football this thursday in lieu of Grey's Anatomy and a bottle of wine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: