Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Chips, dips, bacon chili cheese fries, pizza, full packers gear, bad announcer's wig, 4-5 friends, big board, fully printed depth chart and roster for every team, draft order and trade value chart, board games.

Shocked ..........recipe?
The chili part is a secret family thing, but the rest is usually homemade seasoned curly fries, melted velveeta, and plain chopped up bacon. I buy a couple sacks of potatos, 3 packs of bacon, 2 blocks of velveeta, and 3-4 lbs of ground beef for the chili. We have a bottle of ranch on standby for me and another of my friends. Cook the chili the night before and crock pot it for the day, cut, season, and deep fry the spuds, chop and cook (If you fry, you'll want to chop second) the bacon, fondu the velveeta, and layer fries, chili, cheese, bacon. If you're using bagged fries, canned chili, and bagged cheese, you'll want to bake fries first, warm chili, layer in big pan (with cheese mingled in fries on bottom), and warm in oven on low.

The other guys sometimes bring stuff for wings or cheese steaks. We hold the approach, if you want it, bring the ingredients and make it for everybody. Kitchen can get real cluttered

*drools a little* Are you accepting friend applications for this event? Wink

Yeah, that sounds good as hell. Might be about the most unhealthy thing on earth though..... Laughing

Would be better with the "secret family chili" recipe though....... Crying or Very sad
LOL a heart attack in each bite. Can't help you on the recipe. Dad's from down south and it took me 21 years to pry that out of him. He told me I can't give it out til he's gone and can't be ashamed of me

Just getting on ya. Damn shame though. My chili game is weak as hell.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

I do a lot of chili by feel and I'm always tweaking something. I can give you a good estimated to play with next time I make a batch.

Last time, I made Ghost Pepper Chili. The entire pot had one very finely chopped ghost pepper that went in with the tomatoes and cooked down through it. It was right where I like it for heat, but a little too much for some Wisconsinites I know. I'll do a more basic one next go round and actually write it out step by step and measurements.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Hey guys. Just wanted to know what you guys will be doing on the days of the draft this year? Traditions, superstitions, food, ect.
I'm trying to figure out a way to get back to NY and see the first two days like I did last year. Money is getting in the way, though. Doubt I can make it.

#FREEBARRINGTON
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I do a lot of chili by feel and I'm always tweaking something. I can give you a good estimated to play with next time I make a batch.

Last time, I made Ghost Pepper Chili. The entire pot had one very finely chopped ghost pepper that went in with the tomatoes and cooked down through it. It was right where I like it for heat, but a little too much for some Wisconsinites I know. I'll do a more basic one next go round and actually write it out step by step and measurements.

This is why we keep ya around, spill.

Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Chips, dips, bacon chili cheese fries, pizza, full packers gear, bad announcer's wig, 4-5 friends, big board, fully printed depth chart and roster for every team, draft order and trade value chart, board games.

That sounds awesome!!
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to share my Chili recipe if anybody wants it:

1/2 lb dried pinto beans
6 dried guajillo chiles, stemmed and seeded
4 dried árbol chiles, stemmed and seeded
3 tablespoons cornmeal
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
2.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 medium onions
3 small jalapeño chiles, stemmed and seeded
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons light molasses
4 lbs chuck eye roast, trimmed and cut into 3/4" pieces
12 oz. mild lager

In a large pot, mix 3 tablespoons salt, 4 quarts water, and beans and heat on high. When it boils, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for an hour. Drain and rinse.

Heat your oven to 300˚, toast gaujillo chiles in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant, allow to cool.

Add guajillo and árbol chiles, cornmeal, oregano, cumin, cocoa, and .5 tsp salt to food processor, process until finely ground. With processor running, slowly add .5 cup chicken broth to form smooth paste. Transfer paste to bowl. Process onions in food processor until roughly chopped. Add jalapeños and pulse until you get the texture of chunky salsa.

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally for 7-9 minutes until moisture is cooked out and vegetables are softened. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add your paste, canned tomatoes, and molasses, and stir until thoroughly combined. Add remaining 2 cups broth and drained beans and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.

While that's simmering, heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12" skillet over med-high until shimmering, pat meat dry and sprinkle with salt. Add half of beef to pan and cook until browned on all sides (~10 minutes). Transfer meat to Dutch oven. Add half the beer to the skillet and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits, bring to a simmer (technical term for this is "deglazing"), then pour into dutch oven. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet, heat until shimmering, and repeat the process with the other half of the meat and the other half of the beer.

After adding everything to the dutch oven, ensure that the mixture has reached a simmer, then cover the pot and put it in the oven and cook for 1.5-2 hours until meat is tender.

I think, now that I've typed this up, I have to make it for the draft. I normally just sit in the dark and eat cheese balls from an enormous jar.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Hey guys. Just wanted to know what you guys will be doing on the days of the draft this year? Traditions, superstitions, food, ect.
I'm trying to figure out a way to get back to NY and see the first two days like I did last year. Money is getting in the way, though. Doubt I can make it.
East coast sends its regards
triplejcubed3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our draft tradition is one TV on for the Draft and usually 8-14 of us get together and have a seperate TV in the room to play our annual original NES TECMO SUPER BOWL Tournament double elimination good times and good smalk talk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chaosisgolden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking off of work Thursday and Friday. I'll emerse myself in all things draft related both days.

I'll probably just order up a bunch of Chinese food from the place down the street and munch on that for a couple of days.

Used to have the tradition of going to my dad's to watch the first round and pound a few beers. But we haven't done that for a couple of years. Was always fun. May have to do it again some year.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Go to the BFF's pad.
-Grey Goose L'Orange & Sprite or Captian-Coke
- Chili Cheese Fry Burger/Brats
- Pizza
- Huge order of BBQ/Buffalo wings from a local bar
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pankaces on Saturday Cool
Csraverage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Day Preparations :

I rest easy on the take out, and delivery orders. I used to be a Pizza Delivery Guy until I landed my Multimedia gig and I knew nothing was more frustrating than being pried away from the tv / old school antennas in the back of a store, just to make a delivery with large amounts of pizzas/and or wings to some drunk guys having the time of their life watching said sport event (Super Bowl, Draft, World Series). So I do my part and give them a few more minutes to enjoy whatever event they are watching, huddled together in the back near the walk in freezer.

I usually invite quite a few friends (and their ladies, because God forbid if there is only one female that came with their partner....she will let him know of her boredom/displeasure) around Tampa to my house, with the event consisting of the usual :

Drinking
Beer Games
Tossing the Football
Cooking
Grubbing

This year, I already took the day off and plan on cooking out / drinking all day. Typical ME day.

"We don't need luck, Jay will throw us the ball."

Last edited by Csraverage on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say that I miss the two day event. Stringing it out makes is less fun for me.

I'm not sure what I'll do for Thursday night and Friday night. Saturday I will probably camp myself infront of the TV, computer and phone with a boatload of White Castle and some soda.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably miss happy fun time trading and such on Saturday but I'm going off the grid Thursday and Friday...
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an awesome, awesome 'real' chili recipe. It's insanely good.

That being said, I might head to a wings place with buds for the 1st round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: